The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » ITR 2000 repair (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

nedster01
View Profile
New user
4 Posts

Profile of nedster01
I just bought an ITR 2000. Wouldn't you know, while I was making an ace of spades stand up on end, my 3 year old grabbed the thread and broke it. Can anyone give me some guidance on the best way to repair these? How do you determine the tension? How do you get the whole thing together without it falling apart?

Thanks,

Tom
MagiCanada
View Profile
Regular user
Vancouver
140 Posts

Profile of MagiCanada
I think this is a great question. I'm glad you asked rather than finding out the hard way - like me. Pull the ends off your ITR 2000 and remove the spool from the cradle. If there is a LOT of thread on the spool, simply make sure everything inside is clean (no wax) and intact. Put a ball of hard wax at on the end of the thread. Put the spool back in the cradle and add the elastics on either side of the spool to the two spikes/pins which join the two halves of the ITR 2000. Secure the unit with the rubber caps on each end. The elestic will not be right enough to use. Attach the ball of wax and string to a wall/desk/something and back away with the ITR 2000. You'll feel it getting tighter. At this point, remove the wax from the wall and roll up all the thread in the wax. Attaching it to the wall one last time and back away until you feel the tension is right. Then roll the thread into the wax and attach the wax ball to your ITR 2000 ready for use. This method works ONLY if you have LOTS of thread already in the ITR. If you're low on thread the process is more complicated. If you need any more assistance or clarification at all, please email me. info@omnimagic.com

Neil Kremer
jimhlou
View Profile
Inner circle
3641 Posts

Profile of jimhlou
Neil:

This is good info. However, no matter how hard I tried, I couldn't get it to work. I finally gave up and just bought a new one.

Jim
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » ITR 2000 repair (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.2 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL