The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ballooning 101 » » Wish me luck... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Stevethomas
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern U.S.A.
3728 Posts

Profile of Stevethomas
Well, if it doesn't rain tomorrow (and there's a good chance it'll be rained out for the first time in 11 years)...I'll be ballooning (my own booth, selling 'em) for 8 to 9 hours. Usually turns out to be around 800-900 balloons total (some are multi-balloon creations, of course), and I blow 'em by mouth. Occasionally, I can leave my wife there while I use the facilities (read: use the porta-potty) or grab a quick lunch, and she uses my Balloon Buddies floor pump.

Remade my menu board so it's magnetic, so I can move things and take things away at whaever venue I want. Nice idea...anybody else ever use that magnetic paint, and print their balloon designs on magnetic paper stock?

I wanna make some cash tomorrow...wish me luck! Will probably busk some Svengali decks, too!

Steve
fred200
View Profile
Loyal user
213 Posts

Profile of fred200
Hey good luck steve post how was the sale!
Stevethomas
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern U.S.A.
3728 Posts

Profile of Stevethomas
Festival was great. 80% chance of rain predicted. Got there around 7 a.m. to set up the tent and all the dressing for it. Rain held off, but the wind was tremendous. My tent (a 10 by 10 E-Z UP) has a 50 pound concrete tubular weight on each leg support, and the wind was still moving it. I only had one full wall (back) and 2 half walls up. The spot they had put me was in a corner of a lot, and it turned out to be a huge sandstorm spot. It was a blacktop parking lot, but sand had accumulated there, and it was awful. Ballooned from around 8-11:30, and again from 12:30-2:45...storm was coming so I packed up and got outta there! It's still going on, and so is the storm. Made over (cleared) $350, though, so I'm alright.

Steve (still digging sand out of his eyes and shorts) Thomas
Steve V
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern California
1878 Posts

Profile of Steve V
Good deal. I was at a festival once and the wind was a'blowin'. My ez up was okay but right in the middle of the festival, I saw it, a cheaper version with straight legs shot straight up into the air about 35 feet, flew over a couple lanes, and hit another stand. Nothing else went up but that one dang unit out of hundreds.
Steve V
BIlly James
View Profile
Special user
991 Posts

Profile of BIlly James
Quote:
On 2006-04-29 15:57, Stevethomas wrote:
Made over (cleared) $350, though, so I'm alright.

Steve (still digging sand out of his eyes and shorts) Thomas

That's great dough for that amount of time, good on ya mate.

Not to mention that if you had that converted to Australian dollars you could buy Tasmania!

:)
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ballooning 101 » » Wish me luck... (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL