The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » What's the best Bill Tube to purchase? (4 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
quickhands
View Profile
Regular user
132 Posts

Profile of quickhands
Hi People,

I would like to buy a new bill tube, could anybody suggest a good brand and possibly a source?

Thanks,

QH.
Dan Watkins
View Profile
Inner circle
PA
3028 Posts

Profile of Dan Watkins
Viking Magic, click THIS LINK.
Click to visit:
quickhands
View Profile
Regular user
132 Posts

Profile of quickhands
Thanks Dan for your suggestion, it certainly looks nice. I was thinking of a the classic bill tube but somebody offered to sell me the double bill tube. I guess that I am not familiar with that effect at all. Is it similar to the classic one? I would like to hear suggestions about what to get.
quickhands
View Profile
Regular user
132 Posts

Profile of quickhands
I am a little disappointed with the lack of responses to my post. If it is not too much to ask, could somebody put me in the right track here?

Thanks,

QH.
Dan Watkins
View Profile
Inner circle
PA
3028 Posts

Profile of Dan Watkins
I'd like to help but I don't know too much more than what is already explained on that website I provided.

I think the main difference with the Double Bill Tube is that you open a tube, and there is another tube inside. You pull it out and unscrew the cap, and the bill is found inside. So it sort of combines a nested box type thing (albiet only once) with he bill tube.
Click to visit:
Kipp Sherry
View Profile
Elite user
Boise, ID
473 Posts

Profile of Kipp Sherry
QH,

Sorry to disappoint you so badly.

I perform the Classic Bill Tube and it always gets great reactions. I do not have the Double Bill Tube so I can't give you any first hand recomendations. You can find a discription of the two effects at elmwood magic.

The classic Single Bill Tube: Click here!
The new Double Bill Tube: Click here!

I hope this helps you make up your mind on which way to go.

Just another little helpful tip. Your last post is not really the best way to get help here on the Café. Shaming people is not the best way to win friends and get advice. Here at the Café we are a Brotherhood of magicians helping magicians, not tech support that you have paid for. Don't EXPECT response, RESPECT response. I'm not trying to be snobby, I'm just trying to help you have a long and enjoyable future here on the Café.

Till we appear again,
Kipp Sherry
What is Kings Fool?
The only business card you'll ever need!
http://www.kippsherrymagic.info
quickhands
View Profile
Regular user
132 Posts

Profile of quickhands
Thanks for your suggestions Kipp, I was not trying to shame you or anybody else, I just hoped that people with more experience would be able to help me. I have seen many posts on the Café that deal with quality of items or ask for suggestions in what to buy and I thought that I could get a similar response. I would welcome any suggestions that would lead to increase response to my post, very respectfully, of course. I did not think that expressing my feelings about the lack of response was going to be a sensitive issue; however, I will take your suggestion very seriously as well.

Now, back to my original question, I was wondering if anybody has experience with Tannen's bill tube. Is it something that is worth buying? How does its quality compare to the Viking's?

Thanks,

QH.
quickhands
View Profile
Regular user
132 Posts

Profile of quickhands
Oh, I forgot to thank you Dan, I really appreciate you traying to help me. I think that the "regular" bill tube, the one with the lock, makes it look "harder" but I was wondering if I should consider the double bill tube as well. Somebody suggested that the double bill tube, could also be used to vanish a bill.

Thanks,

QH.
Kipp Sherry
View Profile
Elite user
Boise, ID
473 Posts

Profile of Kipp Sherry
When purchasing Gaffed coins or Brass, you don't want to focus on the store, you want to focus on the manufacturer. The quality between manufacturer's vary. Viking makes a very good bill tube and I am sure you will be happy with anything Viking makes.

When you are concerned with quality it is also a good idea to call a Brick and Mortor magic store and get their advice before you buy. They are very hands on with their products and they demo what they sell. They deal with a lot of manufacturers and they know who has the best. Just a few of the stores you might want to try would be Tannen's Magic, Stevens Magic Emporium, Hank Lee's Magic Factory.

Till we appear again,
Kipp Sherry
What is Kings Fool?
The only business card you'll ever need!
http://www.kippsherrymagic.info
quickhands
View Profile
Regular user
132 Posts

Profile of quickhands
Thanks Kipp, this is SUPER!!! info that I did not have and actually had no easy way of finding out.

Again thanks,

QH.
GG
View Profile
New user
UK
85 Posts

Profile of GG
Hi quickhands . I was looking for a bill tube a while ago and was advised by a bricks and mortar shop here in the uk to go for a Tannens as that was the best they had come across,but however I waited for them to get one for a couple of months,and when they failed they got me a Bizzare de maggia or something like that,and according to that shop it was supposedly equally as good. After messing around with it and finally loading it somewhere near good I can say that the tube is fine,Examinable well made,and it wasn't to pricy either.Viking are also very good. If anybody can tell where to find some alternative ways to vanishing the note and maybe culminate into burnt and restored to bill tube, instead of just the handkerchief method I would to be gratefull.
quickhands
View Profile
Regular user
132 Posts

Profile of quickhands
I will keep the Bazar de Magia in Mind as well, thanks GG. I heard good things about the Tannen's bill tube but it is expensive... Thanks GG.

QH.
Steve Brooks
View Profile
Founder / Manager
Northern California - United States
4763 Posts

Profile of Steve Brooks
I have an original Johnson Products brass Bill Tube, and (in my opinion) it is one of the best ever made. Unfortunately, the company stopped making them years ago. You might be lucky enough to find one for sale at a magic flea market, the dealers room at a convention (many dealers carry used and rare magic props) or as a last resort, Ebay. One of the tubes best features is that it took seemingly forever for the spectator to unscrew the cap, it had a zillion threads! Smile

If you cannot find a Johnson version, the best one made today is a Viking Mfg brass Bill Tube. It is (in my humble opinion) hands down the best quality available on the current market. Good luck in your search. Smile
"Always be you because nobody else can" - Steve Brooks
Steve Hook
View Profile
Inner circle
Raleigh, NC, USA
1264 Posts

Profile of Steve Hook
Quote:
On 2006-05-13 05:55, Steve Brooks wrote:

...You might be lucky enough to find one for sale at a magic flea market, the dealers room at a convention (many dealers carry used and rare magic props) or as a last resort, Ebay...

Steve! You forgot! He might also find one at that Magic Café site on the Internet!
Like Bonnie Raitt said, "I miss Little Feat more than I miss being 8 years old." Thanks for the concerts + recordings, Lowell, Richie, and Paul!
ssucahyo
View Profile
Inner circle
1945 Posts

Profile of ssucahyo
Johnson make great bill tube.
I have been using single classic bill tube, with great responce.
shomemagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Missouri
2220 Posts

Profile of shomemagic
If I remember correctly Collectors Workshop had a nice one diguised as an ink pen..worked the same as a bill tube..
Magically,

Mike King - Sho-Me Magic

You can e-mail me at: shomemagic@gmail.com
JJP161
View Profile
Special user
Columbus, Ohio
509 Posts

Profile of JJP161
Quote:
On 2006-04-29 10:23, quickhands wrote:
Hi People,

I would like to buy a new bill tube, could anybody suggest a good brand and possibly a source?

Thanks,

QH.

Hi QH

I've used the Viking Single Bill Tube and absolutely loved it. A beautiful piece of apparatus, great craftsmanship, very smooth operation. The Double Bill Tube looks great as well, but I've never actually used it, though you can't go wrong with anything from Viking. In seeing a performance of The Double Bill Tube IMHO it seemed to make things seem even more impossible. Let us know what you get and how you like it.

Joe
Steve Brooks
View Profile
Founder / Manager
Northern California - United States
4763 Posts

Profile of Steve Brooks
Steve Hook said; "Steve! You forgot! He might also find one at that Magic Café site on the Internet!"

Gee Steve, what was I thinking? Smile
"Always be you because nobody else can" - Steve Brooks
niva
View Profile
Inner circle
Malta (Europe)
2970 Posts

Profile of niva
I think one of the best bill tubes is the one by Antonio Romero. A bill tube bilt in a Marker. That sure makes sense.
Yours,

Ivan
gabelson
View Profile
Inner circle
conscientious observer
2085 Posts

Profile of gabelson
I have a Tannen's bill tube, and I know of no other that equals it in workmanship. The bottom is FLAT, rather than concentric rings; therefore drawing no heat. It is manufactured to exact specs, and is made by hand by an elderly gentleman who's manufactured them for Tannen's exclusively for years. A big thumbs-up.

Gabe
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » What's the best Bill Tube to purchase? (4 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.17 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL