The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » What's the best Bill Tube to purchase? (4 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
Magical Moments
View Profile
Loyal user
295 Posts

Profile of Magical Moments
So, it looks like Bazar de Magia and Tango are the two brand name Bill Tubes available and a couple of no name generic ones which I would stay away from unless you can handle it to see if it is any good. Based on their track record, I am thinking that the Bazar de Magia one should be a good one.
Magical Moments
View Profile
Loyal user
295 Posts

Last night, I remembered acquiring an older Bill Tube and dug it out. It has a lock, screw off cap, and plain flat bottom. It also has some deterioration on the outside of the tube which could lend to the patter such as it being found on the bottom of the sea where the Titanic was found.

The problem I am having with this interesting prop is that I cannot get that you know what to budge. I will keep trying to move it and get it into working order.

I can tell it is an older model and very well made but time has not been kind to this particular Bill Tube. I will keep you posted...
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
12245 Posts

Profile of John C
I have a Viking I’ll sell ya.
The ULTIMATE Routine Series: rebirth soon!
Magical Moments
View Profile
Loyal user
295 Posts

I already own a Viking. This one was included in a lot of various magic I bought as a bonus.

I would be very happy with the Viking one if it was a bit larger. If you compare it to most other Bill Tubes, you will see that it is smaller and somewhat difficult to use.

This old stubborn one is an excellent model with not only the lock but the screw on cap as well. Standard traditional size too which is important for fast handling. If I can get it up and working, it will be my go to Bill Tube.

Years ago, I was known to use a Bill Tube quite often. Over the years, not so much so may be time to perform it again. It really is a wonderful classic brass prop!

Anyway, thanks for the offer John C.

By the way, it looks like Bazar de Magia discontinued their model.
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
The Beautiful State Of Maine
6926 Posts

Profile of Dougini
Looks like Viking has a good line...

https://vikingmagic.com/search?q=bill+tube

Doug
Magical Moments
View Profile
Loyal user
295 Posts

Well Doug, they do look nice in the photos. I own their standard one and the Double one and they both suffer from shrinkage. Unless one actually has experience with Bill Tubes, you may not realize the size problem.

I agree that they are nice and well made but just a tad too small for easy handling. Not sure why they were made that way but should have been a bit larger IMO.

With Bill Tubes, size does matter...lol

By the way, if I had to choose between a bit too small or too stiff to cooperate properly (if you know what I mean), I would go with the Viking one. It operates well which is very important. Those no name tubes out there may suffer from the stiff problem or possibly a you know what exposure making it useless.
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
The Beautiful State Of Maine
6926 Posts

Profile of Dougini
Very good points. Tannen used to have a good one as well as Johnson..

Doug
FrankFindley
View Profile
Special user
557 Posts

Profile of FrankFindley
Quote:
On May 9, 2021, Magical Moments wrote:
The problem I am having with this interesting prop is that I cannot get that you know what to budge. I will keep trying to move it and get it into working order.

Have you tried the ole pencil trick? Put an unsharpened pencil in it with eraser touching inside bottom. Then hold outside of tube and quickly drive the unsharpened pencil end against solid table.
Magical Moments
View Profile
Loyal user
295 Posts

Quote:
On May 12, 2021, FrankFindley wrote:
Quote:
On May 9, 2021, Magical Moments wrote:

Have you tried the ole pencil trick? Put an unsharpened pencil in it with eraser touching inside bottom. Then hold outside of tube and quickly drive the unsharpened pencil end against solid table.

I did but no luck. Next, I am going to try something stronger and see what happens. This Bill Tube may be useless but I will try a bit more before giving up.

Thanks Frank!
Magical Moments
View Profile
Loyal user
295 Posts

Oh...by the way...that black plastic one from Royal Magic is actually a great inexpensive alternative! If they still make them like they used to, it will perform great.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » What's the best Bill Tube to purchase? (4 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.52 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL