The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Review Request: InTact by Jesse Feinberg (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..7~8~9~10~11~12 [Next]
Platt
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
1909 Posts

Profile of Platt
Got mine. Very very nice. The flash appearance of the card is really a very beautiful and unique thing. Amazingly the appearance is all self-contained. And It does look impossible. To me that's the strongest part of the effect. The clean up, IMHO, is a bit clunky and messy. The good thing is that there is very little heat on the hands. I think this effect would be even stronger if you completely removed the sticker from the box. The sticker could lead people to a possible, although incorrect solution. You really don't need it.

I still believe the last bit on the demo is extremlely unfair and deceptive. I like Jesse and perhaps I was a bit harsh in my last posting. But in regards to the described effect, I can assure any potential buyers of one thing: There's absolutely no reason to show somebody reaching in and pulling a card out of the box.

Supering "alternate handlings available" does not make this clear.
Sugar Rush is here! Freakishly visual magic. http://www.plattmagic.com
kamus
View Profile
Veteran user
Silver Spring, Md
369 Posts

Profile of kamus
Platt, are you saying that the "alternate handlings" are unworkable? Or is it the fact that it is the demo viewer may come away with the erroneous impression that the card can simply be removed from the box? What exactly is deceptive?

Thanks
il illegetimi est non carborundum

http://www.davidkanemusic.com
Platt
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
1909 Posts

Profile of Platt
It's the fact that the demo may lead the viewer to believe that the described effect, a signed card appearing in tic tac box, can be pulled out of the box in that manner. If the super said "unsigned card version available" it would all be fair.

Normally this wouldn't be a big issue. With the history of Jesses videos and reactions to his videos and even recent "trailer," I just can't believe he'd somehow overlook the fact that the last shot could be misleading. I'm a big fan of using the tic tac box for magic. This gimmick is no exception.
Jesse Feinberg
View Profile
Inner circle
www.jessesmagic.com
1074 Posts

Profile of Jesse Feinberg
I really don't think people will have a hard time figuring out additional handlings... and with my secret forum in place, it shouldn't be a problem. I hear what your saying though Platt. We talked about this before... the video will maybe confuse a new owner of intact at first... but people will be excited to learn it and create their own "extra ideas". Maybe I could label the last section differently, or take it out, but I really like the demo the way it is. Its accurate, and covers everything. But I understand you saying its not even necessary. Intact is perfect the way it is! Ill keep you updated and of course, I'l make sure to keep it real... Smile -Jesse
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
6995 Posts

Profile of Cameron Francis
I don't really agree that the last part of the demo is misleading. The super over the footage of the fingers taking the card out of the box seems pretty clear to me. If it is at all misleading, it's a minor point.

I will be purchasing this when funds allow Smile
MOMENT'S NOTICE LIVE 3 - Six impromptu card tricks! Out now! http://cameronfrancismagic.com/moments-notice-live-3.html
Jesse Feinberg
View Profile
Inner circle
www.jessesmagic.com
1074 Posts

Profile of Jesse Feinberg
Yeah, its more of "is it confusing" rather than "misleading". The demo is totally accurate, everything is easy to do in a normal performance. I just want to make sure that people feel they understand what they are buying in the fairest way. Im really excited about the new demo, its kind of a new style for me... a long performance shot... most of my effects are centered around one visual stunner. Intact is the first where you could easily milk 5+ minutes doing the trick with patter.

Let me know when you get it, and we can get you up on the forum (that goes for everyone). The forum is a contant project, the more help the better!!! -Jesse
Cody S. Fisher
View Profile
V.I.P.
Austin, Texas
1187 Posts

Profile of Cody S. Fisher
I am now confused even more by the "new" video. The card that is signed is signed and the initials actually change places with the center pip of the five of clubs?

If you watch the video when the first five of clubs is signed...the signature is above the "upside down" center club pip...yet when the card is revealed is above the "right side up" center club pip.

What is up what with that? The card that is revealed is obviously not the same card that was initially signed. Am I missing something? Just curious...

Cody S. Fisher
To Sign Up For My Members Only FREE Monthly Videos Visit: www.CodyFisher.com/store

Cody's Comedy Confabulation / Silk-2-Egg / Killer Prediction / Tossed Out Deck / Comedy Book Test / Las Vegas Aces / Three Ropes & 1000 Laughs
ClouDsss
View Profile
Inner circle
1799 Posts

Profile of ClouDsss
Thanks Cody for pointing that out. I watched the demo again and noticed that the card which Jessiah signed and the card that appeared in the box are NOT the same card.

May I know why? Does this mean that we cannot do a signed card to tic tac box? once again, is the demo misleading?? Please Jessiah, cant you just show how the effect would be like instead of trying to confuse potential buyers by showing the potential? I know that you can increase sales this way, but its really NOT ethical!!

I can just sell a normal Card to Wallet but show it in a very impossible method and then tell my customers after they had bought it that that effect is possible with some thought. If that's the case, my customers might as well just think of their own effect? Why buy something that is not shown in the demo?
Think outside the box, cos people are all thinking inside now!! - ClouDsss
CoinMan21
View Profile
Elite user
China
442 Posts

Profile of CoinMan21
Maybe Jesse teaches a way of accquiring a dupe signature using timed misdirection. Genius!

Either that or only the magician can sign the card.
ClouDsss
View Profile
Inner circle
1799 Posts

Profile of ClouDsss
Or maybe he is showing that you can pull the spectator's signature and plant it in another card? Smile

If the magician is the only one who can sign, then wats the point? I mean, is that really called SIGNED card to impossible location?
Cody S. Fisher
View Profile
V.I.P.
Austin, Texas
1187 Posts

I don't think that only the magician can sign the card...you can have a spectator sign it. I think the only thing about the video that was misleading was the control and fold of the card...In the video the card that was signed was not controld or folded...it's obviously not the same signed card...it was switched for a dupe of camera. Not sure why you would do the demo this way as this is not what you would do in a real life performing situation.

Having said that...I still think the visual appearance of the card is pretty darn neat and would go over GREAT with a lay audience. I just wish the video was not more accurate...

Jessie, as a creator of magic myself...some advice for you my friend...stop trying so hard to fool magicians with your edited demos...as long as your products are good quality and you offer excellent customer service you will go a long way as a magical creator. In this business your reputation is everything...remember the golden rule my friend...

I hope this helps,
Cody S. Fisher
To Sign Up For My Members Only FREE Monthly Videos Visit: www.CodyFisher.com/store

Cody's Comedy Confabulation / Silk-2-Egg / Killer Prediction / Tossed Out Deck / Comedy Book Test / Las Vegas Aces / Three Ropes & 1000 Laughs
ClouDsss
View Profile
Inner circle
1799 Posts

Profile of ClouDsss
Cody:

You are right, Jessiah may have left out the control of the card and just did a dupe for the camera. But then, if that's the case, I can just do a Mercu** Fo** and have the card pop out of a tic tac box, pen card, etc. Heck, I can even use the bill burner from Jaxon and instead of a bill, use a card. Why do I need to purchase Intact? The fact that the demo showed it to be so CLEANED caught my attention and I introduced my friend to purchase it.

Now when he gets it, I honestly do not know how to explain it to him other than the fact that I was 'FOOLED' by the Demo too.

It could also be the fact that Jessiah is not confident of his sleights and hence decided to omit it. If that's the case, has this effect even been performed by him in real life situations? Or is it just an idea? Not trying to attach Jessiah here, but just annoyed at yet another PTA like demo.

Was fooled once and did not learn from my mistake. Got fooled again. Not going for a third time anymore
CoinMan21
View Profile
Elite user
China
442 Posts

Profile of CoinMan21
Thought he did control with a classic p***.
ClouDsss
View Profile
Inner circle
1799 Posts

Profile of ClouDsss
Did he? I thought it was more for the camera to see some action.

If that's the case, why was there a dupe in the box?
Cody S. Fisher
View Profile
V.I.P.
Austin, Texas
1187 Posts

Why would you control the card that doesn't end up folded...no reason to. The card that was signed was not controled or folded...

I think that it was only made to look like there was a control...otherwise it would be even "cleaner" than we are all complaining about.

Having said that...I can see how this would be great for a lay audience...very visual! I agree with Pete...the climax is when the card appears in the box...that part of the effect is pretty neat. This is the part that laymen will remember. Just don't understand why the video was rigged again?

Cody S. Fisher

teevtee
View Profile
Inner circle
1561 Posts

Profile of teevtee
Wow, this is what I have been saying for a long time and yet people jumped on me for it.

I have told Jesse both onb the board and in provate that the best and really ONLY way to earn a reputation and the trust of his potential customers is to be 100% honest and truthful with his demos. For whatever reason (which I will not speculate on) Jesse does not seem able to simply present us with a 100% truthful performace of the trick.

Teh current demo is certainly much better than the first, and I think overall gives an OK idea of the trick, and yet there are those sticking points. The trick can not ever be shown quite as cleanly as the demo, not because of anything to do with InTact but rather because he is not showing the control and fold of the card, in fact the "random choice" of the card is quite funny to watch. What is most perplexing is that this part of the trick does not even involve what Jesse is selling, so why leave it out?

My best guess is that Jesse assumed that because it was not really part of the trick he could skip it and make things cleaner for the video or quicker or whatever. But by skipping that part is again is a little misleading. Then you tack that odd ending on and it gets more confusing. You go through the entire demo doing nothing but showing a SIGNED card, then at the end you clearly show a card (unsigned now) being removed from the case in such a way that a signed card cannot. But the average guy is probably so used to seeing the signed card that the fact that it is now unsigend goes past him. I am not even suggesting intentional deception here but it is a very odd thing to do.

The shame here is that Jesse is losing business because people do not trust this type of video. Set up a camera, get a REAL spectator and perform the trick for them, start to finish, 100% real life... then shut off the camera... THAT'S YOUR DEMO. Period, it should be NOTHING else.

I think the real value of InTact is that you can force a card and then do a card to impossible location in the box... the value of this prop is the visual appearance. Sure, you could just stuff a card into a box and force it but you would not have the flash appearance. I wish the trick was marketed this way.
ClouDsss
View Profile
Inner circle
1799 Posts

Profile of ClouDsss
Maybe Jessiah could explain why he enjoys rigging his demos instead of showing the real stuff? No matter how he argues it, a rigged demo is a rigged demo and that is MISLEADING by itself. Why argue that you have no intention to mislead anyone but insist on using a rig video? The first one was a 'Trailer' as argued, so this Rigged demo is the demo? or is there another demo coming up?

Furthermore, he wasnt even paying close attention to rigging his demo properly.

Use diamonds next time Jessiah Smile Learn from mistakes.
Platt
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
1909 Posts

Profile of Platt
I didn't see a discrepancy. It seemed the card was signed on the top right portion of the card and was in the same position afterwards. Maybe I missed it.
ClouDsss
View Profile
Inner circle
1799 Posts

Profile of ClouDsss
Platt:

Look at the centre pip. It was upside down on the card he signed. But when he revealed the card from the box, it was upright with the signature there.
Platt
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
1909 Posts

Profile of Platt
Aha. Now I see. You people have good eyes. Embarrasing? Absolutely. But far less of an issue than that last shot to me. Jesse I appreciate you addressing that the title is confusing. I guess since I'm working heavily with a tic tac box on my upcoming dvd, I'm a little more sensitive to you playing fair.

Jesse, you've got a winner here. I'm very happy with it. It was just like you described to me. And as I've said in the past, it seems you're a good guy who means well. It's time to cut the crap.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Review Request: InTact by Jesse Feinberg (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..7~8~9~10~11~12 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.19 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL