The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Review Request: InTact by Jesse Feinberg (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4..10~11~12 [Next]
teevtee
View Profile
Inner circle
1539 Posts

Profile of teevtee
I just re-watched the demo video (you can find it at Hank Lees).

At the end you very clearly see Jesse remove the top of the tic tac container and then remove the actual card that is within, unfolds it and shows the camera (We assume that this was the selected card).

Please note, that this demo CLEARLY shows the card removal, the actual card is actually inside the case. This is NOT using the Mystery Box method or anything similar. Atleast that is what the demo vide shows. If this is not accurate then we have another problem here.

We want demo videos that show EXACTLY what REALLY happens, not embeleshments or eiditorial comments on what the audience will remember or any such thing. We want to see what the effect REALLY looks like in REAL life. Anything else is a flat lie. I am really interested in hearing what this thing actually does... hopefully it matches the video.
Mehtas
View Profile
Inner circle
England, UK
1650 Posts

Profile of Mehtas
Just saw the Demo on Hank Lee's Site.

Im sorry but it looks more like a Car Commercial rather than a magic Demo.

They havent learned, have they ??

WHY cant they just show a simple performance rather than words poping up in between and the added special effects Smile Smile
sharpace
View Profile
Loyal user
248 Posts

Profile of sharpace
Mehtas,

I agree with you the demo look terrible, like to hide something and partial cutted !!!

Teevtee,

If just like Magicday said use "Ron Jaxon's Bill clear principle". I assume that at the end Jesse cannot remove the top of the tic tac container and then remove the actual card like on the demo video WITHOUT removed the gimmick.

That again another MISLEADING video demo. I hope someone who got it can proof I am wrong.
ClouDsss
View Profile
Inner circle
1799 Posts

Profile of ClouDsss
Quote:
On 2006-05-01 20:38, sharpace wrote:

If just like Magicday said use "Ron Jaxon's Bill clear principle". I assume that at the end Jesse cannot remove the top of the tic tac container and then remove the actual card like on the demo video WITHOUT removed the gimmick.

That again another MISLEADING video demo. I hope someone who got it can proof I am wrong.

Yup, emyers99 has kindly pointed out that that was not taught
Think outside the box, cos people are all thinking inside now!! - ClouDsss
teevtee
View Profile
Inner circle
1539 Posts

Profile of teevtee
I'm still waiting to hear from someone who owns it to say 100% for sure if the video is AGAIN misleading and AGAIN shows something not possible with the actual effect.

If it IS accurate and the video shows EXACTLY what can REALLY be done than WONDERFUL and bravo to Jesse. If not, then there honestly cannot be any claim of a misunderstanding or anythng like that.

The video is either accurate or it is not... I am really interested in finding out which it is.
Jessiah
View Profile
Inner circle
J E S S E S M A G I C
1074 Posts

Profile of Jessiah
Ok, so I am adding a new demo video as we speak. I felt I needed to have something to accompany the release so I made this one first. I now realize it shows nothing. everything is cut out. So I will make sure you can see everything in the new one! Please wait for the new one, thanks for your patience. and please, no speculation or discussion of possible methods. Thanks guys Smile

Thank you Lynetta for your kind words... Im so glad you like intact! it was great meeting you, I hope to see you at the next convention! Im still recovering, whew...

Eric, that was a great review! Not that it is positive, but that I really feel like you took your time and carefully explained the details. Its very important that the magicians here understand what intact is. I cant wait to hear about your performances!
teevtee
View Profile
Inner circle
1539 Posts

Profile of teevtee
So Jessie are you saying that the current demo video in fact shows something which simply cannot be done in real life? Is that the case?

I have yet to get a clear answer so I do not want to condem anyone but it sure seems like the video AGAIN is misleading.

If so all I can ask is WHY? Why on Earth after the debacle of PTA would this happen AGAIN?

Let me give you some simpel advice on this Jesse... I have produced several non magic related DVDs and nothing could possibly be more simple than what is required of you for your demo.

We don't want cuts, we don't want lame effects and disolves and title sequences and so on. You are NOT selling this to the general public and those viewing the demo are doing so by choice. You donot need to capture our attention or anything else like that in the demo. A demo should be this and nothing more or less:

Show a CLEAR and well lit (meaning bright, it does not need to be artistic) shot of yourself or another performer doing the trick in a real life situational setting. That's it... NOTHING MORE.

Set the camera on a tripod, you don't need hand held shots, zooms ort anything else. Perform the trick START TO FINISH. Do NOT have any cuts at all, NONE. Do NOT bring the Tic Tac box out of frame, even for a moment. Do NOT show us something that you think sort of represents what someone might possibly think they saw, just show us REALITY... PERIOD. Pretend the camera is a real person, as if you were really demostrating this to a live person. Then perform the trick start to finish, then shut of the camera... THAT'S IT! I mean what is difficult about this? If it takes 30 seconds to perform the trick then the video should be 30 seconds and it will take roughly 30 seconds to film it.

If the trick is strong you will sell a ton with an accurate and truthful video, if it sucks then you will sell none.

Come on man... this is starting to get a bit silly... seriously. If I am wrong, if that shot on your current video of you clearly removing the ACTUAL card from the case is possible then I will stand up and apologize... otherwise just what exactly are you tinking?
elierfr
View Profile
Regular user
149 Posts

Profile of elierfr
Hi,
teevtee I agrree with you!!!
I've bought Intact few days ago (i'm still waiting it).
I hope I'll not be desapointed with what I'll receive...
If the card can't be remove, it isn't interesting for me...
katty
View Profile
New user
39 Posts

Profile of katty
Elierfr,

Please let us all know whether the card can be remove as show on the demo video.
Last night I placed an order with Hank Lee I have consider to order Intact But as a new member here I already heard a lots of negative comments about this creator-Jesse Feinberg and his famous misleading video demo PTA.

I have hold my order until I have some actual review from other members.I hope Jesse don't cheat us again....
emyers99
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, Ohio
3594 Posts

Profile of emyers99
You cannot remove the card as shown in the demo BUT I still think the trick is still strong. It is very visual and everything happens in the open.
elierfr
View Profile
Regular user
149 Posts

Profile of elierfr
Emyers99 if you cannot remove the card, the trick is easy to do and not interesting for me (perhaps it's a good trick, but I don't need it).
I mean I've ever made some gimmicks which do this...
The interesting things were : everything is examinable and that the card could be remove...
emyers99
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, Ohio
3594 Posts

Profile of emyers99
I can see why people would feel misled by the demo. I bought it without seeing the demo and that is why I was not disappointed. I got exactly what I expected. I think the key to remember is that if you do it correctly, the effect on the spectators should be the same whether you actually remove the card from the container or not. In essence you have a Mystery Box using a tic tac container instead of a wooden box. There is more handling involved than with the Mystery Box but this is necessitated by the fact that the container is clear and the fact that everything can be examined at the end. I agree that it would be best if you could actually pull the card from the container at the end, but the fact that the container is on the table the entire time prevents that from happening. If you wanted to, you could actually load the card into the container while the container was in your pocket, but this would obviously weaken the visual impact and mystery of the effect.
elierfr
View Profile
Regular user
149 Posts

Profile of elierfr
The vidéo show something wrong!!!
I haven't buy a Mystery Box made with a tictac box.
If the trick I receive is a Mystery Box, I wasn't what I need (even if the tictac mystery box is a good trick)

When you see the vidéo and you read this (the email I've received from hanklee) :

"A signed, selected card visually appears inside a Tic Tac mint box.
Have a regular playing card freely selected, signed and returned to the deck.
Take a real Tic Tac box out of your pocket with your empty hand.
Only a couple of mints can be seen inside as you shake the box around.
Give the box one more, emphatic shake, and a card appears inside the box!
Immediately open the Tic Tac box, remove and unfold the card and reveal the
signed selection!
Everything is examinable."
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
6902 Posts

Profile of Cameron Francis
What's Jesse's web site? I want to see the new demo.
Jon Allen
View Profile
V.I.P.
England
1701 Posts

Profile of Jon Allen
Quote:
On 2006-05-02 08:50, emyers99 wrote:
I think the key to remember is that if you do it correctly, the effect on the spectators should be the same whether you actually remove the card from the container or not.

If videos showed the 'effect' on spectators, we are heading down a slippery slope. People say that, "He never went near the cards" although through skill, technique and psychology, I do touch the cards but people do not realise. I cannot sell skill, technique and psychology. Is it okay to show a video where I do not actually touch the cards because that's the effect on the audience?

If the card cannot be taken out of the Tic Tac container then the video must not show that. The only exception is if there is a disclaimer saying, "Not actual performance - perceived effect only". This way people know what they see is not what actually happens. However, videos that hide the actual performance do a disservice because potential buyers are not made aware of what the performance will actually look like.
Paragon 3D - the most incredible Card to Clear Box you will ever own. Be fooled here: http://youtu.be/GQxRZ1OGkUo
The Silent Treatment - Digital Edition: this iconic routine just got upgraded! Watch - http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=phTDUhX0m9o
Watch the brilliant effect, Rule of Three: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9CytuXsCbL0 and order it from www.onlinemagicshop.co.uk
Order the bar-raising DVD set 'Connection' at www.onlinemagicshop.co.uk
Platt
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
1841 Posts

Profile of Platt
Jessie shared his method awhile back with me. It's very smart. A lot of people are comparing this to the mystery box which isn't totally fair. In my opinion the coolest part of the effect is the visual flash appearance of a card in a tic tac box that was clearly empty a second ago. That's not the case with mystery box.

I, of course, agree with Jon. Why Jessie filmed the card being physically removed from the box is beyond me. After the PTA fiasco, for a minute I thought he was showing that as a joke. Either way, It sounds like he's correcting that. My order is in.
Sugar Rush is here! Freakishly visual magic. http://www.plattmagic.com
magicday
View Profile
Regular user
179 Posts

Profile of magicday
I agree with you Jon.

The video should not show in this way, that is misleading. That is far from what buyer expected. Purchasing Jesse Feinberg's product is high risk without reviews from the one who really have it on hands.
emyers99
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, Ohio
3594 Posts

Profile of emyers99
As I said in my initial review, the revalation of the card at the end is similar to that in the mystery box routine but I should clarify that the method here is nothing like the method for the mystery box. So I guess my point was that you cannot remove the card from the box as shown in the demo but you can remove the card along the same lines you would in the mystery box routine.

And yes I do agree that the demo should not have shown the removal as it did. My initial review did not mention that because I did not see the demo before I bought this so I wasn't aware that that was how it was advertised.
Jon Allen
View Profile
V.I.P.
England
1701 Posts

Profile of Jon Allen
Jesse,

One simple question which I think will end any speculation:

Can you remove the card exactly as shown in the video?
Paragon 3D - the most incredible Card to Clear Box you will ever own. Be fooled here: http://youtu.be/GQxRZ1OGkUo
The Silent Treatment - Digital Edition: this iconic routine just got upgraded! Watch - http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=phTDUhX0m9o
Watch the brilliant effect, Rule of Three: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9CytuXsCbL0 and order it from www.onlinemagicshop.co.uk
Order the bar-raising DVD set 'Connection' at www.onlinemagicshop.co.uk
MarvinSanRemo
View Profile
Loyal user
Santa Barbara, CA
274 Posts

Profile of MarvinSanRemo
Being a disappointed PTA customer, I thought for sure this one would have no issues. A little bit of advice Jesse. No matter what anyone thinks of penguin magic, they do one thing perfectly...They film demos the way they ought to be. Just as teevtee suggested, begining to end, no cuts, no text, no nothing. Just the effect and how it will look to the spectator. Take some cues from them and film a demo the right way, or don't do it at all. Here is a good example: http://www.penguinmagic.com/product.php?ID=237
Sure the video is obvious to most how it works, but there is no deception. You see the effect exactly how it will be seen by the spectator.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Review Request: InTact by Jesse Feinberg (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4..10~11~12 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.25 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL