The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Review Request: InTact by Jesse Feinberg (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9~10~11~12 [Next]
james-harrington
View Profile
Regular user
England
102 Posts

Profile of james-harrington
Teevtee, doesn't seem you read my post but you answered my question anyway so thanks! I've just ordered one.Smile

James
teevtee
View Profile
Inner circle
1558 Posts

Profile of teevtee
James:

Sorry, I actually DID read your post but just came to the same conclusion you did. It is important to note that I have no specific insight to this. I am guessing just like you but based on what Jesse has said I believe that what we both have said is likely correct. ie: non signed card can be rigged to come out of case, signed card cannot be.
Jesse Feinberg
View Profile
Inner circle
www.jessesmagic.com
1074 Posts

Profile of Jesse Feinberg
Exactly, thank you teevtee. read the intact description, and that is what you immediately learn how to do... intact will then allow you to do new things such as the above non signed card handling. This is just one of many. Thanks for the clarification guys. -Jesse
tootall
View Profile
Regular user
Central FL
105 Posts

Profile of tootall
Quote:
On 2006-05-02 00:19, Jessiah wrote:
Ok, so I am adding a new demo video as we speak. I felt I needed to have something to accompany the release so I made this one first. I now realize it shows nothing. everything is cut out. So I will make sure you can see everything in the new one! Please wait for the new one, thanks for your patience. and please, no speculation or discussion of possible methods. Thanks guys Smile

Looking forward to seeing the "new" demo vid. Any specific time you can tell us when it will be up? You have been working on it for a couple days now.
elierfr
View Profile
Regular user
149 Posts

Profile of elierfr
I just received intact.
It seems to be a good item but you can't remove the card like the video show...
So I don't think I'll use it.
Next time don't make a video (or a tailer).
Just describe the effect.
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
6991 Posts

Profile of Cameron Francis
You know, what makes this effect for me is the VISUAL appearance of the card in the Tic Tac box. Whether or not you can actually remove the card, to my mind, at least, doesn't matter. It's such a stunning appearance. That's what the effect is about.

Yes, okay, the demo is misleading. But now that we know what the effect is, it's still a pretty darn good effect. One other aspect of it that appeals to me is that it totally justifies the card being folded. You can't fit a card in a Tic Tacbox unless you fold it. Makes sense.

I haven't purchased the effect yet but I'm seriously thinking about it. Ultimately, who cares if you can actaully remove the card from the box? You can't do it with a Mystery Box or Anything Wallet and those effects are fantastic.
MOMENT'S NOTICE LIVE 3 - Six impromptu card tricks! Out now! http://cameronfrancismagic.com/moments-notice-live-3.html
elierfr
View Profile
Regular user
149 Posts

Profile of elierfr
Quote:
Ultimately, who cares if you can actaully remove the card from the box? You can't do it with a Mystery Box or Anything Wallet and those effects are fantastic.

the video of the Mystery Box is clear.
You can do what you see.
Mehtas
View Profile
Inner circle
England, UK
1650 Posts

Profile of Mehtas
Would it be possible to make the dumping action and MAKE it appear that the signed card was removed from within the clear box ??

With help of M fold of cource Smile

Knowing the possible working, I don't think but I could be wrong.

What I DO know is that it IS possible to remove the card from the box (I've already figured a way out in my own mind).
Jesse Feinberg
View Profile
Inner circle
www.jessesmagic.com
1074 Posts

Yes... the m fold would be the perfect thing for the signed card... and the instructions provided explain ALL of this including alternatives... pictures even guide you through all the steps of the routine. Mehtas is totally right, its very much possible... I have come up with some pretty cool handlings that I will share on my forum.

Making a full folded card appear inside IS possible. elierfr, please contact me. I will quickly explain. Its simple to understand... really, anything could appear inside the tic tac box! But a real folded card IS DEFINITELY possible. Lynetta even sent me a message describing how she would set it up...

Again, the video was not misleading in anyway. What you saw is possible, and I will show this in the new demo (for the hundreth time!). Please be patient. This thread is eating into my free time, so hopefully the demo will be up soon. Thanks. -Jesse
Jon Allen
View Profile
V.I.P.
England
1712 Posts

Profile of Jon Allen
Quote:
On 2006-05-04 16:07, cfrancis wrote:
You know, what makes this effect for me is the VISUAL appearance of the card in the Tic Tac box. Whether or not you can actually remove the card, to my mind, at least, doesn't matter. It's such a stunning appearance. That's what the effect is about.

Before I decide to buy or not, I would like to see a real performance demo, just like Mystery Box. Yes the appearance is visual but personally, I want to see the ease and naturalness of getting into position. Far too many efects, especially online, are made perfect for the camera.

Yes, people have said it's all possible but I would like to see the creator being able to do it for us.
Paragon 3D - the most incredible Card to Clear Box you will ever own. Be fooled here: http://youtu.be/GQxRZ1OGkUo
The Silent Treatment - Digital Edition: this iconic routine just got upgraded! Watch - http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=phTDUhX0m9o
Order the bar-raising DVD set 'Connection' at www.onlinemagicshop.co.uk
Jesse Feinberg
View Profile
Inner circle
www.jessesmagic.com
1074 Posts

Yes, thanks Jon... please, everyone wait for a new video if you have questions about what intact is all about. How easy it is, and smooth, visual, practical. I will try to answer most of that in the new video. If its not up tomorrow, it will be on Monday. Later -Jesse
APC
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
1151 Posts

Profile of APC
Aw....this saturday I'm working a party for family friends...maybe next saturday!
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
6991 Posts

Profile of Cameron Francis
Monday? Man, I was really looking forward to seeing that video tomorrow.
MOMENT'S NOTICE LIVE 3 - Six impromptu card tricks! Out now! http://cameronfrancismagic.com/moments-notice-live-3.html
magicxman
View Profile
Regular user
142 Posts

Profile of magicxman
Jesse need some more time to sell his Intact, he will launch the new video As Late As Possible... After watching the new video I think he will lost a lots of orders. Not everyone login Magic Caf?, some didn't read this forum just surf Hank Lee's site, after watching his misleading video they will place an order on Tntact.

I think Jesse will gather more orders before he launch his new video.
Benji Bruce
View Profile
Special user
930 Posts

Profile of Benji Bruce
I think everyone here is blowing this out of proportion about removing the card. You don't have to ACTUALLY remove the card from the tic tac box, you just have to make it look like you remove it from the box. Everyone who has Mystery Box doesn't complain about not ACTUALLY removing the card from that box, so why complain about this effect. I don't know Jessiah and I havent purchased any of his products yet but all he was doing with the demo was showing you the effect NOT THE METHOD. I havent heard one person say "well if I can't actually remove the card from the mystery box then I'm not buying it"....we are magicians, our job is to create illusions of reality. It doesn't matter to the spectator if you can ACTUALLY remove the card from the box, what matters that what they see is you removing the card from the box. Stop baggin on Jessiah, when he puts his demo out then watch it and decide if you want the effect or not.
Platt
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
1885 Posts

Profile of Platt
BBMagic, you are way off base. No #%! you don't have to actually remove the card from the box. The problem people are having is that he does actually remove the card from the box. If kennedy didn't just make it look like he was removing the card from the mystery box in a demo but truly reached in with his fingers in a way that can't actually be done people would have an issue with that too.

I like Jesse and for all I know his video holds up. This has nothing to do with him and everything to do with your way off base comments. According to you, magic demos should have only the requirement of looking the way the spectator might see it or remember seeing it. Do you really mean that?
Sugar Rush is here! Freakishly visual magic. http://www.plattmagic.com
ClouDsss
View Profile
Inner circle
1799 Posts

Profile of ClouDsss
Can I sell an effect of Card penetrating thru a box and in my demo show the CARD really going into and coming out the other side of the box without damanging it?

Later when people buy because of how visual it looked on the demo just to realised that they CANT do it as seen in the demo.

My arguement would then be, THAT IS WHAT THE AUDIENCE visualises!! There is NOTHING MISLEADING in the demo.

would it be ethical? just curios that's all no offence intended to Jessiah
Think outside the box, cos people are all thinking inside now!! - ClouDsss
teevtee
View Profile
Inner circle
1558 Posts

Profile of teevtee
I have stated (and restated and RE-restated) my specific comments on the Intact demo video so I am not repeating them again.

Now I am raplying to BBMagic and the general idea od demo videos.

People who have complained about misleading videos (myself included) have said again and again and again that the complaints are about misleading people into thinking a trick can do something it cannot... it has NOTHING to do with the effect itself.

BBMagic is comparing InTact to the Mysetry Box. Now, lets think about this. If you know nothing about either trick and are just in the market for a card to impossible location effect and you view both videos what are you going to see? On the Mystery Box you will see a flded card appear inside the box and then the box being turned over and the card apparantly dumped out into the magician's hand. OK, good effect but you probbaly can figure out the method. Now you look at the InTact demo and you see VERY clearly a folded card ACTUALLY being reomved from within the case (that same card REALLY was in there) and shown to the camera. Now you are going to think "MAN! That is WAY better than the Mystery Box!" and order it. After you get the effect if you realized you could not REALLY do this would you not be upset? Would you not feel misled? OF COURSE you would, either that or you just are in a daze and are incredibly unaware of the world around you.

Jesse says that in this specific case there are alternate methods to make similar things happen and so forth but again, this is NOT about InTact per say... it is about the general idea of a demo video showing something that is different than what the effect really was designed to do. Some people oddly seem to think that is OK. To me that is just CRAZY, I mean really crazy.
Jesse Feinberg
View Profile
Inner circle
www.jessesmagic.com
1074 Posts

Ok. we should leave the general talk about demos for another thread. I thought I had cleared things up but here it goes again:

what you saw was no lie, you can actually hide a real full size folded card inside the tic tac box and make it visually appear. Just like you saw in the first video. Intact is definitely different than the mystery box. Intact has more applications and variations in handlings possible. I just did some video shots tonight. Im up at 3 AM and I gotta work tomorrow. So I will be completing the video this weekend and it will be up next week. I got some great shots of me making a real folded card appear inside and then taking it out. also, I hope to have captured a perfect full performance shot. This stuff takes time. I am not delaying anything... quality is whats priority. Im not whipping up a video just for you guys... I need a video that will last for a long time so it needs to be perfect. Im trying to build a relationship with everyone here, not make sales. I can't please everyone, ok! No marketing strategies have ever come into play with intacts release. When the review thread popped up, the trick was already being shipped. And there are some excellent reviews on the FIRST PAGE. You guys should be commending that... look at all the other topics in the Café. I could never put a video up and sell intacts. Its a service to you. Im glad to do it. Smile
elierfr
View Profile
Regular user
149 Posts

Profile of elierfr
Jessiah
Are you going to give back the money to the persons who have bought your item based on the video (like me) ?
No I don't think...
You say that you could never put a video, I agree and it would be better!!!
The problem is that you've put a video and a misleading video!

Of course you can put a real card on the tictac box but you will have to force a card and the card will not be able to be signed.

If you force a card you can do... whatever you want... you can make the card appear in your underwear if you want ;-)
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Review Request: InTact by Jesse Feinberg (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9~10~11~12 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.17 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL