The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Review Request: InTact by Jesse Feinberg (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5..10~11~12 [Next]
Jessiah
View Profile
Inner circle
J E S S E S M A G I C
1074 Posts

Profile of Jessiah
The demo you saw was more like a trailer, I said this before. There were NO performances... except for a little flash of a production. I was working on a full demo... which will be up in about 1 day. I'll make sure you see everything. I will also show how a folded card can appear inside, and then be removed in detail. The card in the box was exactly that... in the new demo, I will show how a real folded card can visually appear inside and then be removed. If any owners of intact have questions, please contact me by PM or email.
MarvinSanRemo
View Profile
Loyal user
Santa Barbara, CA
274 Posts

Profile of MarvinSanRemo
Sounds good. I cant wait Smile
MarvinSanRemo
View Profile
Loyal user
Santa Barbara, CA
274 Posts

Profile of MarvinSanRemo
In the future, you might forget the trailer, and wait until you have a demo made. I realize you are excited to get something out that everyone can see. But after the PTA issues, I would have thought you would know better Smile
Jessiah
View Profile
Inner circle
J E S S E S M A G I C
1074 Posts

Profile of Jessiah
Thank you Marvin, I appreciate your enthusiasm. I wont let you down Smile

The new demo will address the effect in its entirety and you will see everything. I will even show how a folded card can appear inside a tic tac box and be removed (a few different ways). All of this and more. I have no intentions to mislead anyone. The first video was not a full demo, so don't start analyzing it. There is no performance to analyze. I want you guys to understand what intact is about, and what is possible with it. please, no more discussion about demos and marketing... start a new thread somewhere.

Jesse
magicbyswh
View Profile
Inner circle
North East Tennessee
1500 Posts

Profile of magicbyswh
When will the video be ready?
Creator of Cereal Brainwave, Creator of the Tossed out Book
truthteller
View Profile
Inner circle
2586 Posts

Profile of truthteller
I guess my question is different, yet related?

Has the product been released, has it been shipped? If not, then this thread promises to devolve into another hype-fest akin to that of Hole in the Head and the Kennedy Book test.

The video deception is an important issue, but let us learn from previous mistakes.
walking_liberty
View Profile
Elite user
458 Posts

Profile of walking_liberty
Quote:
On 2006-05-02 18:06, truthteller wrote:
I guess my question is different, yet related?

Has the product been released, has it been shipped? If not, then this thread promises to devolve into another hype-fest akin to that of Hole in the Head and the Kennedy Book test.

The video deception is an important issue, but let us learn from previous mistakes.

There's a review on the first page.
Jessiah
View Profile
Inner circle
J E S S E S M A G I C
1074 Posts

Profile of Jessiah
Truthteller: the effect is available, as of 2 days ago. No hype, no mistakes Smile

The official demo will be up in about 1 day. PM me if you have any specific questions. Im always here to help guys. Thanks for your interest. -Jesse
teevtee
View Profile
Inner circle
1539 Posts

Profile of teevtee
The InTact demo video shows that a card is freely removed from the case, it was INSIDE the case and there were no "moves" or anything to get the card out, it was simply removed. We have heard from those who own it that this is not possible. My concern is that Jesse has a track record of misleading videos. His Pen Thru Arm video also showed types of effects which could not be performed with what he sold you. It seems that again we have what I consider to be a decptive video.

It seems to me that if a person puts out a demo video and an item for sale that it is safe and fair to comment on that. This is the type of information which readers look for. I want to know if an effect (any effect) lives up to it's description and demo videos and so forth.

I do NOT own the effect so my comments are based on what those who do own it have stated. There have been more than 10 other people on this thread who have echoed my concerns about the deceptive video.

I will not comment further until I see the effect but I do feel it is important for people to share thoughts and comments, good or bad. That is what this forum is about.
Muckey Spleen
View Profile
New user
83 Posts

Profile of Muckey Spleen
Hmmm - Mr. Allen's direct, clearly worded question remains unanswered.
I remember the brouhaha surrounding the Pen Through Arm demo, and the assurances that the demo would be changed to more accurately reflect reality, so I just checked it out at Hank Lee's site. Amazing - in the final shot, the arm is penetrated to a point midway through the printing on the side of the pen! Must be a devilishly clever method. I have viewed the "trailer" for InTact, and look forward to the "official" demo and subsequent tapdancing.
truthteller
View Profile
Inner circle
2586 Posts

Profile of truthteller
Walking_Liberty,

Thanks. I had read that, but for some reason one of the later posts made me think that the review somehow preceeded mass release. My misunderstanding. Staying awake for 36 hours will do that.

Brad
tdowell
View Profile
Inner circle
1074 Posts

Profile of tdowell
Another card to impossible location...ZZZzzzzzzzzzzz
Jessiah
View Profile
Inner circle
J E S S E S M A G I C
1074 Posts

Profile of Jessiah
Ok, let me make this completely clear. Intact allows you to make a folded card appear inside. Then you take it out and hand them everything. I will show this on the demo. It will be up by friday at the latest. Anyone that owns intact, and does not understand how this works, I will be glad to quickly explain. Im actually working on updating the instructions with a few more pointers and handling tips. There are so many things possible with intact. The invisible forums on my website will allow for any owners to register and share secrets. I will make sure all of this is also on the forum. Please register owners!

Let me know if you have any specific questions about intact. Im here Smile -Jesse
Steve Hook
View Profile
Inner circle
Raleigh, NC, USA
1260 Posts

Profile of Steve Hook
C'mon, Todd........play nice! Or are you just falling asleep because Brad mentioned he'd been awake for 36 hours?
;-)
Like Bonnie Raitt said, "I miss Little Feat more than I miss being 8 years old." Long live Lowell and Richie!
teevtee
View Profile
Inner circle
1539 Posts

Profile of teevtee
I believe the original question has not yet been answered jessie. You ask if there are any specific questions so let me copy and paste Mr. Allen's question to you:

"Can you remove the card exactly as shown in the video? "

Please note the wording and answer THAT question. This is not asking what the audience will remember or any more gneral question but SPECIFICALLY about what is shown in the original and current video.

Thank you.
Jessiah
View Profile
Inner circle
J E S S E S M A G I C
1074 Posts

Profile of Jessiah
Ok... the demo will include the following (and more). A card is selected, and returned. The tic tac box is shown empty... in a shake, a folded card visually appears inside. The folded card is removed... no switching. This is a full folded card trapped inside. Everything is examinable as always. This is a slightly new way to handle intact. Nothing an intact owner couldn't figure out... but I PM'd a couple of people here just to quickly explain. Plus, this is what my secrets forum is for. The regular handling (explained in the instructions) takes you from the tic tac box on the table, to a card appearing inside, to dumping everything out on the table for immediate examination. Nothing is left out, its an easy routine and handling that allows for a signed card. So many things are possible with intact...
sharpace
View Profile
Loyal user
248 Posts

Profile of sharpace
Jesse,

If I use the regular handling (explained in the instructions) takes the tic tac box on the table, do I need to use a black close-up pad or any surface will do? Thanks
Jessiah
View Profile
Inner circle
J E S S E S M A G I C
1074 Posts

Profile of Jessiah
Great questions sharpace... you don't need any special surface... You will learn how to show the tic tac box empty on the table at the start of the routine. These kind of things are what makes intact so special. Theres so much more to just pulling a card out of a box. Intact is also great for walk around. You just need a pack of cards and intact in your pocket...
teevtee
View Profile
Inner circle
1539 Posts

Profile of teevtee
Am I missing something here or are you not answering Mr. Allen's simple question. I mean literaly a "yes" or "no" will suffice.

The direct question again is:

"Can you remove the card exactly as shown in the video? "

Mr. Allen is refering the the original and current video. I think we would appreciate an answer to his as it would help us evaluate both the video and the effect. You have now not answered this question for days Jesse and I think it has us confused. If the video is accurate and truthful then the simple answer is "yes". If on the ohter hand the video is misleading and shows something which cannot be done the answr is a simple "no".

Can you please answer this for us?

Thank you again.
Jessiah
View Profile
Inner circle
J E S S E S M A G I C
1074 Posts

Profile of Jessiah
Quote:
On 2006-05-02 21:21, teevtee wrote:
I will not comment further until I see the effect...

Us? I just described what your are asking in detail, I did better than a yes or no. What you saw in the first video was not a performance...There is NOTHING there for you to analyze or "hold me too". it was a card being removed from the box. I will however show you how that IS possible. I will make sure that this is PERFORMED in the new demo. ok tvt, enough already. WTF
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Review Request: InTact by Jesse Feinberg (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5..10~11~12 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL