The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Believe it or not... » » Ward Hall Book (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
T-RAY
View Profile
Inner circle
1539 Posts

Profile of T-RAY
Ros, check him out at http://www.bobby.hakes.org Go down to the dvd/video section. It will be a long time before you run out of circus footage here!!! Ask for "The Last Freakshow" with Ward Hall. All circus lovers should check this site out!
Doug Higley
View Profile
V.I.P.
Here and There
7173 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
T-Ray...yeah...it was nuts to read. Smile
Higley's Giant Flea Pocket Zibit
Roslyn
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
3404 Posts

Profile of Roslyn
Cheers,
This has been really useful.

RW
The Magic Cafe account of The Conwy Jester, Erwyd le Fol formerly known as Roslyn Walker.
My home online
Join me on Facebook
Follow me on twitter
Trinket
View Profile
New user
Baltimore, MD
40 Posts

Profile of Trinket
I like using the appearance of a balloon animal because of the absurdity of the balloon swallow... I think it mirrors it well... If they believe part one, lets see if they believe part two... ya know? Sexy is fine and all, but I like examining the more playful aspect of that... If I just play to the guys, then I alienate half my audience. I want to have an approachable character on stage, not just **** off all the girls that are with their husbands or lovers. I try to think about what is not only going to get a good audience reaction, but also what is true to my character... And you have to admit, I made an excellent balloon Poodle...
T-RAY
View Profile
Inner circle
1539 Posts

Profile of T-RAY
You're sure did.....It was very funny and fun when you pulled out the poodle. The funny thing is that I think people really believed you swallowed it......
Trinket
View Profile
New user
Baltimore, MD
40 Posts

Profile of Trinket
Oh but I did! Smile
Kevin Ridgeway
View Profile
V.I.P.
Indianapolis, IN & Phoenix, AZ
1830 Posts

Profile of Kevin Ridgeway
Kristen and I had the pleasure of meeting Ward Hall and Pete today. We are both working the PA State Fair. Thomas Blacke, editor of Escape Masters, had met him before and introduced us. We had two shows today and in between shows spent the afternoon with Ward. We got to hear amazing stories about everyone from Blackstone Sr & Jr, to Dante, and a whole host of names I cannot even remember.

Just thought I would share what a great day we had meeting Ward and learning some amazing things.

Kevin & Kristen
Living Illusions
Ridgeway & Johnson Entertainment Inc

Kevin Ridgeway &
Kristen Johnson aka Lady Houdini
The World's Premier Female Escape Artist

www.LadyHoudini.com

www.livingillusions.com
thegreatnippulini
View Profile
Inner circle
of Hell because I've made
2589 Posts

Profile of thegreatnippulini
Yeah, I gotta get over there before they pack tent. I used to work the WOW at the PA Fair every year.
The Great Nippulini: body piercer, Guinness World Record holder, blacksmith and man with The World's Strongest Nipples! Does the WORLD care? We shall see...
http://www.greatnippulini.com
T-RAY
View Profile
Inner circle
1539 Posts

Profile of T-RAY
WOW....that's some cool $#@&!!! Nipp, I knew you had done some cool stuff, but I don't know your whole story. Let me know if you want to get back on the stage.....I've been trying to put shows together out here in LA and they're aren't as many perfomers as I hoped in the area. Flights are a b!#$@ when you're trying to do a show for 100 or so people in a club. I need a Star Trek transporter to make it happen!!! Do you come out this way at all? Kevin and Kristen, I wish I could have been there. I've only spoken to Ward on the phone, but he has stories for days and days........what did he share with you?
Kevin Ridgeway
View Profile
V.I.P.
Indianapolis, IN & Phoenix, AZ
1830 Posts

Profile of Kevin Ridgeway
T-RAY...
Ward shared the whole story about him performing at Carnegie Hall. The show was Circus Blues. He also talked about the minstrel musicians that were at circuses years ago.

As you mentioned he has enough stories to go on for day. The next day after meeting him, he came to see our show. Afterwards, he complimented on us as performers and stated what great stage presence he felt we had...what an honor that was for us. We will make sure to get several more pictures with him this week.

All in all, a very unique and awesome experience!

Kevin & Kristen
Living Illusions
Ridgeway & Johnson Entertainment Inc

Kevin Ridgeway &
Kristen Johnson aka Lady Houdini
The World's Premier Female Escape Artist

www.LadyHoudini.com

www.livingillusions.com
Todd Robbins
View Profile
V.I.P.
New York
2907 Posts

Profile of Todd Robbins
Where is this Ward Hall? It's a place or something?
thegreatnippulini
View Profile
Inner circle
of Hell because I've made
2589 Posts

Profile of thegreatnippulini
Ward Hall is a transitional thing, never in the same place twice. Right now he is somewhere between purgatory and Bensalem, working the PA Fair... which is a lot like being in purgatory, so who knows?

Red Stuart died in 2003, he just hasn't realized it yet... or is in complete denial.

Now who is this Todd Robbins guy? I thought he was a figment of his own imagination.
The Great Nippulini: body piercer, Guinness World Record holder, blacksmith and man with The World's Strongest Nipples! Does the WORLD care? We shall see...
http://www.greatnippulini.com
T-RAY
View Profile
Inner circle
1539 Posts

Profile of T-RAY
Yea...I think Ward Hall is one of the main buildings at the Sideshow college. There's a big history class in there too.....
mcalpin
View Profile
New user
Magnolia TX
8 Posts

Profile of mcalpin
jeremysweiss
View Profile
Special user
744 Posts

Profile of jeremysweiss
Anybody know who Jim Parker is? My copy of Struggles is signed to him by Ward.
The Shock Doc
<BR>www.TheShockDocShow.com
<BR>
<BR>
<BR>http://ballycast.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/ballycast-024-2009-03-21.mp3
<BR>
<BR>"....Jeremy Weiss has the greatest card trick of ALL TIME!"--Jamie D. Grant.
<BR>Start listening to iTricks 11/12/09
Harley Newman
View Profile
Inner circle
5111 Posts

Profile of Harley Newman
"Diamond" Jim Parker. He was a lifer in outdoor show business, legendary to the people who knew him, and an excellent human being. He died a year or two ago.
“You can’t depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus” -Mark Twain

www.bladewalker.com
Freak Prodigy
View Profile
Inner circle
NYC & LA
1805 Posts

Profile of Freak Prodigy
Was Atomic the original publisher of the book?

Brett.

P.S.
This is my 300th post...just thought I should share.
Blog:
http://www.bloudermilk.blogspot.com
View Profile
Special user
744 Posts

Profile of jeremysweiss
No, the original publisher was Carnival Publishers of Sarasota...Wow. I thought I had Diamond Jim Parker's Book.
The Shock Doc
<BR>www.TheShockDocShow.com
<BR>
<BR>
<BR>http://ballycast.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/ballycast-024-2009-03-21.mp3
<BR>
<BR>"....Jeremy Weiss has the greatest card trick of ALL TIME!"--Jamie D. Grant.
<BR>Start listening to iTricks 11/12/09
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Believe it or not... » » Ward Hall Book (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL