The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Gambling Spot » » Steve Forte footage..Online!!! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
NeoMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
I have...
2017 Posts

Profile of NeoMagic
^ Vandy, check out his web site here
See and download my latest free card-suits-themed desktop wallpaper | HERE
Vandy Grift
View Profile
Inner circle
Milwaukee
3504 Posts

Profile of Vandy Grift
Oh, the Pantomime guy. I didn't know he worked with cards. Kewl!!
"Get a life dude." -some guy in a magic forum
NeoMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
I have...
2017 Posts

Profile of NeoMagic
^ You'd think he'd at least have a link to the Café on his web site!... he has an item in the Commercials section called 'Triumph International'; I presume it's based on the Vernon routine.
Cliff Rusnick
View Profile
Regular user
155 Posts

Profile of Cliff Rusnick
That website is for a guy names steve fortune. not steve forte. am I missing a joke here?
sodman12
View Profile
Special user
raleigh
601 Posts

Profile of sodman12
I hope so or either everyone's a moron
you can fool all of the people some of the time and some of the people all the time but never all of the people all the time.
NeoMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
I have...
2017 Posts

Profile of NeoMagic
Quote:
On 2006-05-05 00:57, Cliff Rusnick wrote:

That website is for a guy names steve fortune. not steve forte. am I missing a joke here?

Yes. Smile
iamslow
View Profile
Inner circle
Proffessional Slacker
1901 Posts

Profile of iamslow
Quote:
On 2006-05-02 23:27, O J wrote:
Somebody has stolen some home footage of steve forte working with cards and put it on You tube!..Take a look.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_PIcACPA_......cheating
"Everyone is tough till they get punched in the face" Mike Tyson
KaydoWhoa
View Profile
New user
Keystone Heights, Florida
90 Posts

Profile of KaydoWhoa
Keep practicing.
brokin6
View Profile
Loyal user
Chicago
276 Posts

Profile of brokin6
First of all if THAT was Steve Forte he should get some help for his eating disorder and what is with the friendship bracelet???? Anyway, nice try kid but maybe next time you can post this on a board of know-nothings who may believe you. Mr. Forte should slap you fo this. LOL
Why does coin magic make my head hurt!?!
mook
View Profile
New user
60 Posts

Profile of mook
Ha Ha! What a con job! You got us all to look at the video of some starving wannabe. A little angry that I wasted my time, but I have to laugh because I can appreciate the con.
Good job, liar!
Paul Chosse
View Profile
V.I.P.
1955 - 2010
2389 Posts

Profile of Paul Chosse
Can anyone tell me how I can contact Mr. Forte, if this really was his work? Some of you seem to be saying it might not be Mr. Forte. I was really impressed, though, and have always wanted to take lessons from a real gambler like the video. So help me if you can please, with an address for the gambler in the youtube video, even if he is someone else and not Steve Forte, just better than him, or as good...

thanks for your help, Paul
"You can't steal a gift..." Dizzy Gillespie
Mr. Z
View Profile
Special user
Las Vegas, NV
826 Posts

Profile of Mr. Z
I'll look it up in my Card Cheatz rolodex and get back to ya, Paul.
"...if you have to say you is, you ain't."--Jimmy Hoffa
Daryl Easton
View Profile
V.I.P.
174 Posts

Profile of Daryl Easton
I thought that the video was a joke and the work was sloppy and disrespectful. I would bet BIG money that this was absolutely NOT Steve Forte performing. Come on… Steve was MUCH better than this more than forty years ago! The few bits that were well done were probably taken from somewhere else - perhaps the opening sequence to the movie Shade.

If I were to give OJ the benefit of the doubt, I would say that he was misinformed about the origin of the video and he passed this misinformation on to others. Having said that, my gut tells me that he’s a wannabe sleight of hand student that needs a LOT MORE PRACTICE and he was just trying to dupe others into believing that he’s as good with a deck of cards as Steve Forte. If that’s the truth… SHAME ON YOU!!! You obviously have no clue how shabby your card technique is and how insulting it is to a master like Steve Forte for you to disrespect him by associating your slop with his name and reputation. There, I've said it and I'm proud!
Daryl - The Magician's Magician

www.Daryl.net
Daryl Easton
View Profile
V.I.P.
174 Posts

Profile of Daryl Easton
If my last post appeared harsh, it’s because feel that I was duped with a lie into wasting my time watching something that was not what it was claimed to be. I have the utmost respect for Steve Forte and not only do I think that he’s a great guy, but he’s the best sleight of hand artist with a deck of cards that I have ever seen in my life. I’ll say it again. Steve Forte is the best sleight of hand artist with a deck of cards that I have ever seen in my life.

The most valuable thing I have is my time. I would spend hours upon hours of my time (and I have) watching and admiring video footage of Steve Forte doing what he does best. I feel insulted because I was duped with a lie into wasting my time watching a hack.
Daryl - The Magician's Magician

www.Daryl.net
daniel1113
View Profile
Veteran user
335 Posts

Profile of daniel1113
Clearly this is not footage of Steve Forte... just look at the hands. The fingers are much longer and thinner than Steve's hands, at least compared to any of the videos that I've seen of his work.

Plus, the overall handling is complete rubbish. Clearly this is a fairly modern video, and we all know that Steve is infinitely better than this.

I would like to echo Daryl's sentiments... "I feel insulted because I was duped with a lie into wasting my time watching a hack."

Well put, sir.
Daniel M. Carrico
Clock
View Profile
Elite user
Los Angeles, CA
461 Posts

Profile of Clock
You don't have to look at the fingers...It's NOT Steve!

I only hope I could sit down with a deck of cards with Mr. Forte one day. Just to see the way he HANDLES a deck of cards would be the treat of a life time.
Grant Carden

www.fastcompanydvd.com
h2o
View Profile
Veteran user
305 Posts

Profile of h2o
Funny to see all the buzz around the tittle of this post. Come on, don't be so harsh, don't you all guys have lost all your sense of humour? Are you not able to view this as a joke? Poor OJ who just tried to appear funny, and poor guy who did the footage, they only get disdainful comments...
For magicians, I think you're taking yourself a little bit too seriously.
silverking
View Profile
Inner circle
4586 Posts

Profile of silverking
It's not a matter of anybody taking themselves too seriously, it's just not funny.
Unknown419
View Profile
Inner circle
1332 Posts

Profile of Unknown419
Real footage of Steve Forte in Doc vs. Conely thread.

Doc
kcg5
View Profile
Inner circle
who wants four fried chickens and a coke
1875 Posts

Profile of kcg5
First of all, it was not the song from shade, it was from resivour dogs (when the ear goes bye-bye...). it was a joke, but not a good one. I am suprised that anyone here really thought that that was steve forte. either he has a speed problem and has lost 80 percent of his skills, or that was not him.

read what daryl wrote: " I have the utmost respect for Steve Forte and not only do I think that he’s a great guy, but he’s the best sleight of hand artist with a deck of cards that I have ever seen in my life. I’ll say it again. Steve Forte is the best sleight of hand artist with a deck of cards that I have ever seen in my life. " that should be proof enough... if you cant do a push through, you don't fit daryls criteria...
Nobody expects the spanish inquisition!!!!!

"History will be kind to me, as I intend to write it"- Sir Winston Churchill
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Gambling Spot » » Steve Forte footage..Online!!! (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL