The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Coin Load Question (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

John Long
View Profile
Inner circle
New Jersey
2826 Posts

Profile of John Long
I am working on a short routine that includes a striking vanish, and would like to make the coin/ring reappear in my hand. I would like some suggestions; here is what I've considered

1) make it reappear in opposite hand (probably tips the method of the vanish)
2) Lap and unlap
3) bring hands together & let coin slide in place (seems to look suspicious)
4) Load by Han Pin Chen? (not sure of the name, but one hand rotates around the other to do a load, but I would have to set down the wand or pen that was used in the SV)

Thanks
John
Breathtaking Magic;
Not Breath Taking
Julie
View Profile
Inner circle
3943 Posts

Profile of Julie
Simply produce a duplicate (using the hand that was shown empty after the vanish) and you're still loaded in the other hand to continue your routine...
John Long
View Profile
Inner circle
New Jersey
2826 Posts

Profile of John Long
Ok, do you mean just "finding" the (duplicate) coin under a card box, as is done in a Scotch & Soda routine?

I would rather produce it more magically(such as in an empty hand), but that is certainly an option that I had not considered. Certainly The final choice will depend on the rest of the routine(but that is not set yet)

Thanks
Breathtaking Magic;
Not Breath Taking
Julie
View Profile
Inner circle
3943 Posts

Profile of Julie
John

You might consider "finding" a "HOO Coin" under your lapel, behind your leg etc., then cause it to vanish and then "refind" it with the original hand where the original coin was hidden...

This will be an interesting experiment in creativity!

Julie
Rob Elliott
View Profile
Elite user
Reston VA
487 Posts

Profile of Rob Elliott
Greg Wilson has a routine that matches your description to the letter, with the exception that he does it with a pen cap; but there's no reason you couldn't do the exact same thing with a coin. The routine is called Recap and you can find it on his Off the Cuff and On the Spot DVDs.
Jim Salabim
View Profile
Loyal user
Skien, Norway
240 Posts

Profile of Jim Salabim
Exactly! And the "all-round-vanish" that he uses is just great. If you have to choose I'd go for 'On the Spot'. If you don't have to choose, get both. ;-)

Jim
John Long
View Profile
Inner circle
New Jersey
2826 Posts

Profile of John Long
Thanks guys

I have on the spot, and perform recap, but I'm trying for something a little different with either a coin or ring (I can't stick a coin in my ear). I don't remember his "all around vanish", is that the same as pitch and ditch?

Julie: I am not familiar with the HOO coin/concept.

John
Breathtaking Magic;
Not Breath Taking
Jaz
View Profile
Inner circle
NJ, U.S.
6111 Posts

Profile of Jaz
Rob beat me to it!
The "all around vanish" is when the coin has vanished and Wilson feels his front and back pockets in search of the coin.

Another idea is to search for the item as follows:
1) Coin was in LH. RH reaches under the left sleeve and pulls it up. Not there.
2) LH now reaches under the right sleeve and pulls it up. (Dirty work here.) Not there.
3) Ramsay Subtlety or EG showing emptiness.
4) Reproduce.

The move your unsure about in not Han Ping Chien but I believe the L'Homme Masque Load.

Good luck,
John Long
View Profile
Inner circle
New Jersey
2826 Posts

Profile of John Long
Jaz:

Thanks

"All around vanish": Is this what Wilson does in Recap w/the cap (and then finds it under the knee?) That would accomplish getting the coin into the other hand, but I still miss that occasionally using the cap.

"LH now reaches under the right sleeve and pulls it up. (Dirty work here.) Not there":
That's interesting, and probably the closest method to fit with the routine I had in mine. I will have to play with that. The pencile/wand in my hand may make going to the sleave an ackward move. Is this further described anywhere?

"L'Homme Masque": I just read that name yesterday, but I don't remember where! I've *seen* the move done in the 25 amazing magic tricks for Scotch and Soda & sponge balls(I have a real hard time doing that with sponge balls, they don't slide around as cleanly as coins). Yet I don't think those videos mentioned this name.

Dave V. Thanks for the PM about the "HOO" coin
Breathtaking Magic;
Not Breath Taking
rtclark
View Profile
Veteran user
Panama City, FL
309 Posts

Profile of rtclark
Why not have the wand in right hand, then tap the left with the fingers of the right hand while the wand goes under the left hand and spears the ring onto the wand then as the wand is brought out, you tip it up and have the ring slide down into your hand, then you can show the left empty and then proceed to produce it with the right. I tinkered with that sorta thing with a pen and it seemed to work for me. I never got caught by those I showed it ot but never worked it into a routine as it just kinda fell to the way side but now that I am thinking of it, I maight give it a go again.
Rtclark

"When do I get IT"
Julie
View Profile
Inner circle
3943 Posts

Profile of Julie
Quote:
On 2006-05-10 18:05, John Long wrote:
Thanks guys

I have on the spot, and perform recap, but I'm trying for something a little different with either a coin or ring (I can't stick a coin in my ear). I don't remember his "all around vanish", is that the same as pitch and ditch?

Julie: I am not familiar with the HOO coin/concept.
John

PM'd you.

Julie Smile
Brad Burt
View Profile
Inner circle
2675 Posts

Profile of Brad Burt
Loading a duplicate coin under some object on the table to be found later is a very magical thing. Think salt shaker, shot glass, etc. As said above this now puts you one ahead with the coin that was vanished still available, etc. Best,
Brad Burt
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Coin Load Question (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL