The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Food for thought » » Magician/ illusionist? The media doesn't know and doesn't give a rats butt! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
revlovejoy
View Profile
Special user
Pennsylvania
765 Posts

Profile of revlovejoy
As has been noted, most people don't know the differences in areas that we find dear to us.

I see people around all the time that ask me how the banjo playing is going. I don't play a banjo. I play mandolin and guitar. The mandolin has 8 strings, the banjo has 4 or 5. They are tuned different, are played differently, and make tremedously different kinds of sounds. They don't even look the same. But most people recognize guitars, then "everything else with strings."

Don't take it personally as a magician. Or illusionist. Or mentalist. Smile
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27300 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
Is the product music? Are they a musician?

Is the product a story? Are they an actor?

Is the product a display of juggling? Are they a juggler?

Is the product a performance? Are they a performance artist?
...to all the coins I've dropped here
JackScratch
View Profile
Inner circle
2151 Posts

Profile of JackScratch
Quote:
On 2006-05-10 00:44, JackScratch wrote:
I apologies. I should have mentioned that I use the term conjoureer for the general practitioner, and illusionist for the larger, stage stuff, with animals, etc etc etc. I in now way resent other uses of any of these by anyone. I'm not a stickler.

Ok, sorry, I was in a giant hurry when I typed that in. I do a little posting while my wife gets ready for work and I think that on may have been about midway done when she said "OK, I'm ready to go."
RandyStewart
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas (USA)
1989 Posts

Profile of RandyStewart
While some may say you should wait for a better time to type a thoughtful and grammatically correct post, I'm with ya! Go ahead and blame the wife. Heck, they blame us for everything else don't they? Cheers!
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24314 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
Between "conjurer" and "conjuror," currently "conjurer" is the preferred spelling, although I personally prefer the second spelling. "Conjuror" also has a secondary meaning of co-conspirator, according to Webster's Second. The OED gives this secondary meaning to both spellings.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Food for thought » » Magician/ illusionist? The media doesn't know and doesn't give a rats butt! (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL