The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » We double dare you! » » The loonie is down (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

James Alan
View Profile
Special user
Toronto, Ontario
680 Posts

Profile of James Alan
I recently re-watched an old (2002) DVD of Robin Williams. He had a line which went something like this:

"In Canada, their dollar is called the Loonie. How do you take an economic crisis seriously up there - Oh no! The Loonie is down."

The line has been bouncing around in my head, and I'm sure that if you perform for business people on a regular basis you could come up with a money/coin routine to go with that. I just haven't been able to come up with anything yet.
James Alan

Magic & Martini | Blog | Facebook
todsky
View Profile
Inner circle
www.magicstore.ca
2355 Posts

Profile of todsky
Lately it seems that the loonie is UP. Nevertheless, something about 'the loonie bin' as the name for a container that you put the coin into.
The loonie is actually an incredible bird. I've seen and heard them: they make two distinct calls, one like laughter and one quite sad and plaintive (Loonie Tunes), and they can swim underwater for very long distances. If I was going to be a bird, it would be an eagle or a loonie, tough call there. Just some bird food for thought.
Todsky's Magic Shop: over 15,000 tricks, books, DVD s and Card decks. www.magicstore.ca
jlevey
View Profile
Inner circle
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
2136 Posts

Profile of jlevey
Watch oout!...Could drive one Lonnie, tryin gto think up such quips!

Best.

Jonathan, from UP-OVER, (as opposed to down-under!), where the Loonie is (as Todsky so rightly points out...UP UP and almost AWAY!
Jonathan
Max & Maxine Entertainment
Magicians with a touch of comedy!
todsky
View Profile
Inner circle
www.magicstore.ca
2355 Posts

Profile of todsky
Jonathan, are you following me?
Todsky's Magic Shop: over 15,000 tricks, books, DVD s and Card decks. www.magicstore.ca
jlevey
View Profile
Inner circle
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
2136 Posts

Profile of jlevey
Hi Todd,

From time to time I like to check in on what my friends have posted.

We also tend to visit some of the same sections of the site.
(great minds think alike?)

What can I say, you are among the small (and select) group of posters that I am sure to actually "enjoy" reading. I especially enjoy reading posts that inspire me to tap into my more humourous side.Smile

This being said, it's important for me to point out that I always seek to maintain a balance.

So, Thought-filled posts are also of interest to me.Smile

Best.Smile

Jonathan
Jonathan
todsky
View Profile
Inner circle
www.magicstore.ca
2355 Posts

Profile of todsky
You were supposed to say, "No, you're following me now" (referring to my last post which followed your previous post). Do you follow? Hahahahahahahahahaha! Oy.
jlevey
View Profile
Inner circle
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
2136 Posts

Profile of jlevey
Guess I don't...

Now what can yo do to help put this thread back on track Todd?
The original poster is Jameson, and he lives in Ontario (which, I believe is somewhere in Canada), and he's looking for something witty and/or funny to say about the two dollar coin called the loonie to integrate into his routines when he performs money/coin tricks.

How's this for starters...
If the entertainer is floating a giant loonie on stage (or even close-up for that matter), as the coin goes up the entertainer could comment...

"Guess the loonie is on the rise (... again)".

Or, how about being the very first magician/mentalist to perform blindfolded while standing up in the lead car of Laronde's largest rollercoaster and announcing (for those within ear shot, or those on the ground with audio hook-ups)... "I predict that our loonie is in for a long ride... one with many highs and many lows."

Or, for Nature buffs, in the style of our forefather George Washington (also a magician of note) why not perform coin tricks on a lake, while standing in the bow of the boat throw a loonie into the water, then announce... " I guess that's what loonies do when they hit the water --they "vanish" into thin air... I mean water.... I mean... what I mean is that I've got to stop posting on this particular thread...

Otherwise I'm sure to go loonie ("He already has", said Gollum... but that's another story!).

My apologies to Jameson. Like the loonie, my humour should not be banked on... at least not in the long run.

Best.

Jonathan
Jonathan
jlevey
View Profile
Inner circle
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
2136 Posts

Profile of jlevey
PS: here is a bonus note to consider about our infamous bird, the Loonie...

Even though the Loonie (the coin) may have a tendency to go "up" and "down" with the markets, one thing we can always count on is that ...

The loonie has down.

I apologize if my jokes tend to be lightweight but until someone squawks, the urge to continue like this, telling puns on the fly, continues.

... Jameson, does any of the above help in your quest ot add atouch of humor to your coin work, or is it all fluff?

At the very least, the ideas are cheep.

Best.

Jonathan
Jonathan
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » We double dare you! » » The loonie is down (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.19 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL