The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Homicide U.S. Reviews! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6
Steve V
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern California
1878 Posts

Profile of Steve V
The conciept of a detective came about in the 19th Century and making a movie about a monk doesn't change that. The first private detective is considered to be Allen Pinkerton, born in 1819, and the story of Happy Hollow was written as a short story in 1817 about a constable, not a detective. Sherlock Holmes stories took place from 1887 - 1903 with a final story taking place in 1914. The first modern detective involved with police work was in the mid 1800's in France.

Steve V
John Nesbit
View Profile
Inner circle
United States
1421 Posts

Profile of John Nesbit
I mentioned "fictitious" characters. Neither of which were set in the 19th century.
Washington Irving wrote about the 1700's in which the character of Ichabod Crane was a school teacher in the Story The Legend of SLEEPY Hollow,(not Happy Hollow). Tim Burton changed the character's role to a detective or "constable".
The first reference was about a 14th century character which is cleary noted in my post above.
My post was about a generic reference to a concept of fictitious work by authors and performers. This is a thread on a fictitious "conceipt" called Homicide U.S. Not the Historical Facts of Private Detectives. I was trying to show some validation for the role that Christian was adapting for use with this effect.
Roth
View Profile
Inner circle
The 18
5090 Posts

Profile of Roth
Thank you all for the historical referrences to Detective work. The bottom line is, Homicide the book is dated 1953 Smile.

Thanks for your interest!

Rick
2015 ECSS Alumnus

PANDORA

Deadwood
Lord Of The Horses
View Profile
Inner circle
5406 Posts

Profile of Lord Of The Horses
My highest recommendations for HOMICIDE! It ROCKS!

Paolo CAVALLI
Then you'll rise right before my eyes, on wings that fill the sky, like a phoenix rising!
Steve V
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern California
1878 Posts

Profile of Steve V
I think the idea of a murder book is great, one of the best I've heard in a long time.
Steve V
John Nesbit
View Profile
Inner circle
United States
1421 Posts

Profile of John Nesbit
Quote:
On 2006-09-08 15:09, Lord Of The Horses wrote:

Paolo CAVALLI

We now have the real word, from the "Horse's" mouth ! Smile
Steve V
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern California
1878 Posts

Profile of Steve V
Has the new book been released?
Steve V
Dr Spektor
View Profile
Eternal Order
Carcanis
10781 Posts

Profile of Dr Spektor
Even though the books are dated in the 1950s, as mentioned in other posts - you can link in a story of the immortal serial killer who slays women for dark boons from the elder gods - and throw in materials from the turn of the century and modern day....

(My snailbox is still empty...!)
"They are lean and athirst!!!!"
Mogwai II
View Profile
Veteran user
The Alpes
314 Posts

Profile of Mogwai II
Steve V:

Thanks for the input.

DrSpektor:

that's what I'm talking about!

Rick:

When can I expect delivery? I can't wait!!!
"You'll wonder when he comes, you'll wonder more when he's gone..."
Lord Of The Horses
View Profile
Inner circle
5406 Posts

Profile of Lord Of The Horses
Quote:
On 2006-09-08 15:59, johnjnesbit wrote:
Quote:
On 2006-09-08 15:09, Lord Of The Horses wrote:

Paolo CAVALLI

We now have the real word, from the "Horse's" mouth ! Smile

I know more than what it seems... Eh! Eh! Eh!
Then you'll rise right before my eyes, on wings that fill the sky, like a phoenix rising!
Dr Spektor
View Profile
Eternal Order
Carcanis
10781 Posts

Profile of Dr Spektor
I KNOW you are, Chris Smile heheheh

Yours truly, Doc S
"They are lean and athirst!!!!"
Eddie Garland
View Profile
Inner circle
Hells Kitchen, New York City
4207 Posts

Profile of Eddie Garland
Accidently dropped my Homicide notebook in a dirty grimy puddle curbside on 57th Street in Manhattan.

Just as the book hit and splattered in the mud I thought to myself, that will be good for it...just fine. Smile
John Nesbit
View Profile
Inner circle
United States
1421 Posts

Profile of John Nesbit
Just today, I was thinking of using it regularly as a coffee coaster. And then heck, why not just Spill the coffee on it every now and then ? (Along with the other books!) Smile
Gordon Astley
View Profile
New user
45 Posts

Profile of Gordon Astley
Sorry to resurrect this chat. I have just purchased a pre-loved ‘Homicide’. It has yet to arrive but could anyone direct me to the forum and the Outlaw effects website and any other affiliated groups. Thanks in anticipation
Gordon Astley
the Sponge
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta
2776 Posts

Profile of the Sponge
Quote:
On May 23, 2021, Gordon Astley wrote:
Sorry to resurrect this chat. I have just purchased a pre-loved ‘Homicide’. It has yet to arrive but could anyone direct me to the forum and the Outlaw effects website and any other affiliated groups. Thanks in anticipation

No longer exists
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Homicide U.S. Reviews! (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL