We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » LOST LAST Night: Spoiler (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Ellen Kotzin
View Profile
Loyal user
UPSTATE, NY
280 Posts

Profile of Ellen Kotzin
A COMMERCIAL!!!

How many of you saw the sublymonal.com? And also, paid by sprite?

Has anyone gone to thehansofoundation.org??

I knew they were being watched in an experiment.

Ellen
Leland Stone
View Profile
Inner circle
1204 Posts

Profile of Leland Stone
<raising hand>Yep, and it seemed so 'legit' at first I wondered whether it was somehow part of the show.

How about this possibility, though: The watched group is actually doing something more substantive than running in a "maze without any cheese," but the watcher group is merely being told that these subjects are doing busy-work.

Why? I dunno. But then again, I don't know why Locke saw the fake priest's brother in a dream, either. Nice to see the paranormal making a reappearance on the show Smile
SantaClaus
View Profile
New user
North Pole
28 Posts

Profile of SantaClaus
I agree that there's got to be far more to it than the "experiment" angle. If the "mystery" were being solved now ... the series would be ending. We'll find out it's more than that, probably in the next couple of weeks. (Aren't there two episodes left this season?)

Whatever happened to the black smoke? That's got to make an appearance soon.
Donald Dunphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Victoria, BC, Canada
7408 Posts

Profile of Donald Dunphy
If you go to the LOST site, on ABC, and read through the forums, there are all sorts of passcodes and things you can do at these two sites, to find secret messages, secret screens, etc.

So, it would seem these (fictional) sites were created to enhance the loyal fans enjoyment.

I remember at one time there was a fictional site for Oceanic Air, as well.

- Donald
Donald Dunphy is a Victoria Magician, British Columbia, Canada.
Donald Dunphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Victoria, BC, Canada
7408 Posts

Profile of Donald Dunphy
OK, I just watched Mission: Impossible 3 today.

As some fans of LOST will know, M:I 3 was co-written and directed by J.J. Abrams, who also created LOST, Alias, and Felicity.

At the end of the end credits for M:I 3, in all of the thank yous, they thank the Hanso Foundation! (Last on the list.)

Now I am beginning to doubt that it is a fictional website / foundation. Or is it? All I know is from glancing at the forums for LOST on the ABC website, it sure seemed like a fictional website / foundation. By playing around on the sublymonal.com website, you can get the passcode to use on the Hanso Foundation website (and it also links to there, too).

Maybe they just put it in the movie for fans of J.J. Abrams / LOST to notice? Hmmm.

BTW, actor Greg Grunberg is in a scene in M:I 3. He was also in J.J.'s other 3 shows (Sean Blumberg in Felicity, Eric Weiss in Alias, and the pilot in LOST). He also made a cameo in "What about Brian?", which is JJ Abram's newest series (producer). Interesting... perhaps he's a favorite actor of JJ Abrams...

Wait. I just read this about Greg on the IMdb:
Quote:
He has known J.J. Abrams since they were in kindergarten. Greg has gotten parts in almost ever project J.J. works on.

- Donald

P.S. Take a peek at this. It has the answers I was seeking. Smile
Ellen Kotzin
View Profile
Loyal user
UPSTATE, NY
280 Posts

Profile of Ellen Kotzin
OK---season finale---

MAGENETIC Pull crashed the plane!!! What the heck?? Is everyone else weirded out? And where are will and his dad going to in the boat? Who is going to rescue them?
Also, did you notice the rev. from CARNIVALE in this? Awesome.

Ok, it was way too long and we still have no idea.

Ellen
Rinse
View Profile
New user
50 Posts

Profile of Rinse
I saw the finale and thought it was great! Lots of answers, as they promised, that open up a lot more questions. Can't wait for the next season to see where it's all going.

When Desmond left the hatch to tail Kelvin, I figured he'd fail to push the buttons and suck the plane down, but it was fun watching all the little pieces w/ the "system failure" and the computer printout come together and Desmond's realization of what happened.

When they did not push the buttons (again), I half-expected another plane to get pulled down, which I thought would be nifty. But I guess that's old footage they used in the promo for the finale.

Probably the best finale of any show I watched this year..
Donald Dunphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Victoria, BC, Canada
7408 Posts

Profile of Donald Dunphy
So, does this mean they never have to push the button again? Did Desmond's over-ride finish that need for good?

If the magnetic pull can yank a plane to the island, maybe it can yank a cruise ship to crash on the island? Hehehe! Smile

I enjoyed it!

Question - The lady who gave Desmond the boat (Elizabeth) looked familiar. Was she in another episode, interacting with someone else? (I know they do that sort of thing A LOT, to indicate about the idea of FATE bringing them all together.) At first, I thought she was Libby, but then realized I was wrong.

- Donald

P.S. I am noticing, that from week to week, the website address in the Hanso Foundation's commercial, varies, for fans who are playing the Lost Experience Alternate Reality game. I'm not playing, I'm just noticing stuff.
Rinse
View Profile
New user
50 Posts

Profile of Rinse
Why do you not think that is Libby..?
Donald Dunphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Victoria, BC, Canada
7408 Posts

Profile of Donald Dunphy
Guess I have to watch it again. I have the episode on video tape.

Libby could definately be short for Elizabeth. I never clued into the names being the same. Duh!

I'll also have to look at credits at the beginning and the end.

The recap on ABC's website was no help. Smile

Sometimes I have a hard time putting names to faces. There are a lot of characters who have intersected, and you see them in different times (slightly different looks).

Here's another question: Was the father of the girl who was brought back from the dead after drowning (in the episode with Mr. Eko flashback) the same man who said he couldn't cure Rose (in the episode with Rose's flashback). Was it the same healer?

- Donald
Rinse
View Profile
New user
50 Posts

Profile of Rinse
The father of the girl whose daughter came back from the dead is actually the psychic that told... Claire that her baby needs to.. do something.. I can't remember, either. Either her baby's special or she needs to keep her baby. Funny to learn that he's not really psychic. Smile

Yeah, the character intersections are fun. Did you catch Jack in the background arriving at the stadium for a jog while Desmond was talking to his girlfriend, which refers back to Desmond's first appearance? I don't think Jack was even in focus on screen..
Mark Williams
View Profile
Elite user
Las Vegas, Nevada
482 Posts

Profile of Mark Williams
Quote:
On 2006-05-25 14:19, Donald Dunphy wrote:

If the magnetic pull can yank a plane to the island, maybe it can yank a cruise ship to crash on the island? Hehehe! Smile

- Donald

Which brings up an interesting question. If in fact, the electro-magnetic pull yanked down the Oceanic flight...Why, when the Hatch went haywire at the end...did it not do anything to the boat Michael and his son Walt, sailed away on????

I will not be watching this show next season, it's getting too weird, for me.
"Once is Magic!! Twice is an Education!!"
Kaylan
View Profile
Special user
CT
758 Posts

Profile of Kaylan
If the mondo-magnet pulled down their plane because Desmond didn't push the button...then how come the Others have the list of who's on that flight, etc?????

What did the Others' leader mean when he said that the Others were "the good guys"?????

Oh, Libby IS (was) Elizabeth.

Geez, I just LOVE the show...best thing on TV

Kaylan Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » LOST LAST Night: Spoiler (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL