The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Right or Wrong? » » Tricks David Blaine didn't do? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

rplanet
View Profile
New user
79 Posts

Profile of rplanet
If I'm not mistaken most of the new tricks (besides Phoneomenon, Strange Travelers(did he?), and STS) that are being sold as "Drowned Alive" tricks weren't aired on the show...and some of the best ones from the show are not available (which I applaud btw).
It seems like a bit of a stretch that they were all cut for time constraints, it even says....

"This David Blaine street trick was hand selected by Paul Harris (Blaine's creative director) for the Drowned Alive Special and may have been filmed for inclusion.

...They don't even say for sure that it was filmed!
Somehow it just doesn't seem right!
Thinking is the best way to travel!
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14062 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
One well known magic dealer even went so far as to send me an email prior to the show saying that after the show all David Blaine effects on his site will be available on his hot list for 25% discount if you order before Teusday midnight.

I ordered a few of those, but was NOT given the promised discount.

When I emailed that well known dealer back asking why, he replied that the discount was only for the effects David actually PERFORMED on the show.

Hmmmm. I guess that means the shoe-lace efect was discounted...that's about it.

Excuse me, but I have to leave...my stomach is feeling a bit queasy right now....
The difficult must become easy, the easy beautiful and the beautiful magical.
Aguas
View Profile
New user
54 Posts

Profile of Aguas
Hype! hype!
They just want the "paul Harris + david blaine" thingy explicit enough.. Even the effects that didn't air are there with that thingy, and they look cool and they are super-hyped.. their goals are achieved.
Mitchell.Stafiej
View Profile
New user
Quebec
61 Posts

Profile of Mitchell.Stafiej
I'm not complaining, they're all really good effects, why SHOULD I complain?

Mitchell
Alex Linian
View Profile
Inner circle
Peru
1277 Posts

Profile of Alex Linian
Everyone expected the effects to be aired. From my understanding, ABC was responsible for the last minute cuts...

And from what I hear, the UK got to see more magic.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Right or Wrong? » » Tricks David Blaine didn't do? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.26 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL