We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Shuffled not Stirred » » New -- 1 minute --stack (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Comedy Writer
View Profile
Special user
590 Posts

Profile of Comedy Writer
Is anyone else using the NDO* stack? It's so simple.

Comedy Writer

(* New Deck Order)
Daegs
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
4283 Posts

Profile of Daegs
Not really new though, is it???

I think if you are going that route them mem'ing a faro sequence from NDO is better because you could show it shuffles, and still be <2min total time.

With a little more work you could memorize the 4 groups of cards and then their order and get into *any* deck really quickly, though that probably takes more practice than it's worth.
Expertmagician
View Profile
Inner circle
2476 Posts

Profile of Expertmagician
Don't forget 60 seconds is a long time to shuffle a deck....you should be able to stack 4 cards in 4 shuffles. And if you practive you can shuffle 4 cards in 2 shuffles which takes far less than 1 minute.
Long Island,

New York
Daegs
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
4283 Posts

Profile of Daegs
Huh???

I think he is talking about arranging the entire deck into NDO in about 1 minute... I don't think either of us are talking about stacking any hands....(which by the way I stack 4 in only 2 shuffles any number <7 hands called for).
Expertmagician
View Profile
Inner circle
2476 Posts

Profile of Expertmagician
I agree the 4 cards in 2 shuffles is better because it is faster. Then if you want to shuffle more you can do false shuffles and cuts which look clean.
Long Island,

New York
Comedy Writer
View Profile
Special user
590 Posts

Profile of Comedy Writer
Oh, no. NDO is the 'stack' I use -- super easy to remember...

CW

PS Smile
Mike Lowry
View Profile
New user
Canada
79 Posts

Profile of Mike Lowry
Oh Yah!

I've used this on a few occasions, it fools the heck out of people! Well maybe it doesn't fool many people but it's SUPER easy to get into and find cards right away. In addition, the best "guess my card" method that I use (I think it's from the same book as Comedy writer's NDO stack) is to have the spectator choose a card from your face up spread deck, put it back in face down and have them mix the card up.

PS. I do it just to get a laugh out of people but you wouldn't believe how many people actually fall for it and don't notice.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Shuffled not Stirred » » New -- 1 minute --stack (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL