The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » Rogers Thesaurus book (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Pavlo
View Profile
Veteran user
Poland
306 Posts

Profile of Pavlo
Hi there. I'm thinking of getting this book. I'm not a beginner and like everybody I like commercial magic that can be added to my repertoire. Please advise me if it's worth the money. Is it similar to some kind of other card magic literature like Focus or Carneycopia?
Thanks in advanve,
Pavlo
Dave Egleston
View Profile
Special user
Ceres, Ca
632 Posts

Profile of Dave Egleston
Hi Pavlo:
I'm not sure what "I'm not a beginner" means - As with most books - There is a lot to learn - This book is one of the few books that I don't refer to as often as I should - I bought it when I wasn't ready to devote the time necessary to really study this book - I'm glad you brought it back to mind - I look forward to rereading this book - This book if I remember right is packed full of sleights and there is a couple of dissertations on the psychological aspects of performing the tricks therein - the book was published by L&L so the quality of the product is quite high - It's rather a nice book - I wouldn't dissuade you from buying - But if you have other choices available, you may want to explore them

That was no help, was it?

Good luck

Dave
Ruben Padilla
View Profile
Loyal user
Narrative Strategist
206 Posts

Profile of Ruben Padilla
What's interesting about this book is the healthy section on the effect wherin a spectator simply looks at a card from a spreak pack and you divine it. A lot of subtle psychology makes this a master class effect. This large section of the book is what I'd check out first were I to buy it...
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » Rogers Thesaurus book (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.08 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL