The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » Audio on the web (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
icentertainment
View Profile
Inner circle
1429 Posts

Profile of icentertainment
Hello Folks,

Here is a simple way of adding audio to your web site

There has been some talk on using Swish max to add audio- now the boys have got a very easy mp3 conversion to flash with audio controls
http://www.swishzone.com/index.php?area=......emay2006
and it's cheap.
Great for Testimonials and general talking to your customers about your shows
TheDean
View Profile
Inner circle
Reno, Nevada
2164 Posts

Profile of TheDean
COOL! – I LOVE Web Audio! There are sooo many way to make it profitable! - -Testimonials are just the TIP of the iceberg!

You may wish to check out http://www.WowWebTools.com as well... this thing ROCKS and is SUPER EASY to use and incredibly versatile and flexible! You can change the button colors at a simple click of a mouse button, plus a whole bunch more like a scrolling title bar with YOUR message to the listener etc... - Woo Hoo!

Give it a try for FREE!

I don't NOT make a penny to RECOMEND this killer success solution... just sharing what I believe in and use to make our business more profitable! This is the very BEST one I have personally seen and ZERO reoccurring monthly fees like most of those audio generators out there!

Hope that adds t the discussion!

I am at your service and In HIS Service,
Deano in Reno
<><
Dean Hankey, *M.D. - The Dean of Success Solutions!
Serving & Supporting YOU and Your Success!
"Book More Shows... Make More Money... SERVE MORE PEOPLE! - Not Necessarily In That Order…"

(*Marketing Doctor) Smile
Baggins
View Profile
Regular user
london
148 Posts

Profile of Baggins
We audio is the future of selling magicians I think its great
TheDean
View Profile
Inner circle
Reno, Nevada
2164 Posts

Profile of TheDean
Oops... It's http://www.webwowtools.com

Sorry!
"Book More Shows... Make More Money... SERVE MORE PEOPLE! - Not Necessarily In That Order…"

Gordon
View Profile
Special user
Chicago
692 Posts

Profile of Gordon
I can't think of a better way to annoy visitors to my web site.
TheDean
View Profile
Inner circle
Reno, Nevada
2164 Posts

Profile of TheDean
Or entertain, or assist, or inform, or educate, or, or, or...

It creates real success if you 'understand' how to use it... otherwise, I agree it certainly can annoy if used or abused in the wrong way, but that is true of just about anything isn't it?

It's JUST a tool. Like they always say... a hammer can be used to build beautiful communities or destroy a house, it's all in how you use it.

icentertainment
View Profile
Inner circle
1429 Posts

Gordon- have you looked at the program???

I'm not talking about adding background music

Have a good look at the program
Gordon
View Profile
Special user
Chicago
692 Posts

Profile of Gordon
I don't need to look at the program, thanks, I am already able to record and publish audio.

Embedded sound on a web page, particularly if it plays automatically, is considered rude in any office environment. Also, I can't imagine asking a client to record a testimonial for me, let alone publish their voice on the web. I think that's too big of imposition.

But hey, if you think it works for you, go for it. At least one of your customers will feel the way I do, I promise.
icentertainment
View Profile
Inner circle
1429 Posts

Like I said- if you actually have a look at the program - you'll realise the possibilities and noone mentioned music downloading automaticly.

The program uses controls and is very easy to use- you click it to start the streaming audio.

In essence the button is there if they want to click it- without interfering with a page load. Imagine if you actually did a great show and they did record their testimonials. You could have a head shot of the person and a click here for xyz's company testimonials (size 2 MB) - your giving them the choice to download

I guess if you don't actually get testimonials or do any shows you probably don't understand the benefits of having audio on the web.

But I guarantee- Your missing out on opportunities- I Promise
Donald Dunphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Victoria, BC, Canada
7404 Posts

Profile of Donald Dunphy
The coolest application I saw of audio on a website, beyond the use for testimonials, and other special ideas, was a click to play audio tour of the site. It was the entertainer talking through some of the copy.

It made the website way more personable, because of hearing his voice as well as reading the copy. I liked the fact that it appealed to more senses. You heard inflections and emphasis, etc.

I've also seen this done with a video / audio on non-magic websites. You see and hear the person talking (not just a regular photo).

Website video and audio can be set to play in flash, without opening a file, etc.

Wow!

I personally have not done any audio to my website, but I really enjoy it on others, and I've thought about using it myself.

- Donald
Donald Dunphy is a Victoria Magician, British Columbia, Canada.
TheDean
View Profile
Inner circle
Reno, Nevada
2164 Posts

Profile of TheDean
Interesting...

Certainly "opt-in" audio (which is all we are talking about anyway...) is a POWERFUL marketing and influence tool when use “well”. I agree that annoying our prospective buyer is bad business… I think all of us agree with THAT! (and to the best of my understanding, NO ONE is suggesting otherwise!)

Use it, don't use it, that is up to EACH individual, but I can tell you this, it produces Profitable RESULTS for those I know using it! (Myself included!)

Getting audio testimonials from people is a breeze and if you truly understand the process, then I GUARANTEE (based on real life experience) that people LOVE to give you killer testimonials to use!

Of cause we all know that the more testimonials we have the more trusted and believable we are to visiting stranger and interested buyers. We've all heard it a million times: "It's NOT what WE say about ourselves that matters, but what OTHERS say about us that has the most impact and believability to our perspective business relationships!"

And too... as Donald points out, EVERYONE has different ways of being influenced and buying, and one of the most powerful ways indeed in applying "Auditory" strategies along with a well-done "visual" web page with "kinesthetic" and influential copy.

When it comes to influence, persuasion and sales while attempting to appeal to each personality type (Visual, Auditory, Kinesthetic) and "buying style/strategy" in our over-all marketing mix (Web Page Included) the more 'modalities' (ways to reach each person) we use the greater the result... it's just simple fact.

That doesn't mean you have to use it... it just means if done correctly, it WORKS better than not using it, that's all.

If "you want to" TEST IT FOR YOURSELF, go right ahead now!

http://www.SuccessWith.WebWowAudio.com and see for yourself for FREE!

if not... well we are not running on all cylinders and being nearly as effective as we possibly can be... that's all.

Hope that helps.

Dean
<><

Gordon
View Profile
Special user
Chicago
692 Posts

Profile of Gordon
It's really a shame that some people (i'm looking at you, icentertainment) apparently can't understand that their opinions are not facts, and when someone holds a contrasting opinion and offers it so that others can see both sides of a recommendation, they respond with a personal attack.

Clearly web audio is not universally liked. Clearly this tool makes the process more complicated and expensive than it needs to be. Clearly not all customers will want to have their voice recorded and put on the web. Clearly not all potential customers are motivated to buy based on a strangers testimony.

As I said before, if you think it works for you, go for it. I would not stand in the way of anyone choosing to offend and alienate some customers. Darwin was right.
ThePartyMagician
View Profile
Loyal user
Bristol, UK
216 Posts

Profile of ThePartyMagician
As Dean, David and Donald ("The 3 D's" as they shall now be known!) have said, Audio can be (note I said CAN be) a fantastic resource.

I use audio on my website (via the program Dean links to in a previous post), and it's going down a treat. Is it THE solution? Course not. It's just an additional tool that we can choose to use or not.

Personally, I'm getting GREAT results from it - and that's less than 1 week after adding audio to the site.

To each their own though, if it doesn't work for you just leave it alone. Don't criticise others for making the choice to use it though. My customers aren't annoyed by it - they LOVE it (but then I'm using it in a slightly different way to most people). The key issue is "know your client" - know what they are after, and then make sure you offer it to them.

Quote:
I would not stand in the way of anyone choosing to offend and alienate some customers. Darwin was right.

C'mon Gordon, let's keep this a useful discussion. No-one is saying it's good to offend or alienate customers. Let's keep this topic on USEFUL ways of adding audio (of course, only IF you want to use it okay?!) to your website to add to your value to your client.

Anyone else have any success with web-based audio?

Best regards
Mike
TheDean
View Profile
Inner circle
Reno, Nevada
2164 Posts

Profile of TheDean

This is still interesting to me… I WANT to understand.

I think we all are saying much the same thing in regards to NOT wanting to annoying and alienat our web-visitors and potential buyers... I see that we ALL agree that we want the best for our audiences and visitors.

=> What I DON'T understand is HOW, if the audio is ONLY "Opt-In" audio (which is all we have been talking about from the beginning...) that you could say:

Quote:
Gordon - " would not stand in the way of anyone choosing to offend and alienate some customers."

I want to understand your perspective brother... (Unless you are just sniping for ‘sport’, of course. If that is the case… party on!)

HOW would any reasonable, sane person who specifically went out of their way to click on a button that says "Click Here To Play" audio would be anything but interested since they full-well knew exactly what they were doing by clicking on the PLAY AUDIO button?? (and you can STOP it at any time by the way...)

It’s tantamount to deliberately hitting/beating yourself and then saying that you have been “hurt and offended”, already knowing full-well the consequences of hitting yourself, and THEN complaining about the pain! (Talk about winning the Darwin Award! - Hehehehe!)

Again, I WANT to understand your point of view. Please help.
Deano
<><

Hey, if we really want to annoy, frustrate and offend our web-visitors... don't full tell them how to appropriately download a PDF and wait for their computer to (apparently) convulse and gyrate while it tries and open the PDF! - Ugg... now THAT deserves a Darwin Award in my opinion!
How easy is it to tell them what to do? (Like… “Right Click and Save Target As” …etc. For example.)

Gordon
View Profile
Special user
Chicago
692 Posts

Profile of Gordon
Quote:
HOW would any reasonable, sane person who specifically went out of their way to click on a button that says "Click Here To Play" audio would be anything but interested since they full-well knew exactly what they were doing by clicking on the PLAY AUDIO button?? (and you can STOP it at any time by the way...)

Well, for one thing, in order to even display the "Play" button (using this particular utility) the user must have the appropriate plug-in loaded. If you insert these audio clips on your homepage, for example, some customers will experience errors as soon as they visit.

Most of these utilities allow you to specify that the sound automatically plays when the plugin is loaded. I hope we all agree that utilizing this option is a bad idea.

Many of the controllers demonstrated for this particular utility do not indicate to the listener how long the recording is going to be until it starts playing. That's not very considerate.

Many of the controllers demonstrated for this particular utility do not have a volume control! That's very rude.

Just a few of the problems that visitors can encounter, and that doesn't even touch on the imposition of asking your clients to not only record a testimonial, but place it on the web. If not handled properly, this is an imposition that offers no benefit to them.

Quote:
Hey, if we really want to annoy, frustrate and offend our web-visitors... don't full tell them how to appropriately download a PDF and wait for their computer to (apparently) convulse and gyrate while it tries and open the PDF!

Couldn't agree more. I put this in exactly the same category.

-Gordon
TheDean
View Profile
Inner circle
Reno, Nevada
2164 Posts

Profile of TheDean
Quote:
Gordon: - "Well, for one thing, in order to even display the "Play" button (using this particular utility) the user must have the appropriate plug-in loaded."

To my best understanding this in NOT true... it's all self contained... just like the rest of the HTML on a web page.

Remember, I use: http://www.SuccessWith.WebWowAudio.com

Quote:
Gordon: - "Most of these utilities allow you to specify that the sound automatically plays when the plugin is loaded. I hope we all agree that utilizing this option is a bad idea."

That is ALL WE HAVE each been saying from the beginning. The Web Wow Audio solution is defaulted to NOT play automatically with VERY strong recommendation NOT to change it to auto-play for this very reason.

Quote:
Gordon: - "Many of the controllers demonstrated for this particular utility do not indicate to the listener how long the recording is going to be until it starts playing. That's not very considerate."

Again... none of us suggested such a thing. I AGREE 100%! The great news is, you can tell the viewer/listener exactly what they are in for using this tool.

Again, when done properly and when you understand how to use this tool is has proven to be a powerful success support tool.

Will some abuse the tool... Sure, and like I said, a hammer is JUST a hammer, it's up to us as to what to do with that tool. Build or destroy.

As far as getting testimonials... I could give you example after example as to how much people LOVE to be involved in this process! LOVE the outcome each well benefited in the process... I have shown hundreds how to do this over and over again with all 110% positive, useful, profitable results with ZERO negative result that you suggest.

I guess we will just get to have different life experiences based on the results we each have received. THANK-YOU for answering my question and considerations. I did and do what to understand your experiences so that I can compare and relate them to my-own results in this area as well. It’s nice to be able to discuss intelligently this and other issues with-out having to always have the same opinions and experiences…

You ROCK brother!

Deano
<><

BradBrown
View Profile
Regular user
Florence, KY, USA
182 Posts

Profile of BradBrown
Quote:
On 2006-05-21 14:16, TheDean wrote:

Quote:
Gordon: - "Well, for one thing, in order to even display the "Play" button (using this particular utility) the user must have the appropriate plug-in loaded."

To my best understanding this in NOT true... it's all self contained... just like the rest of the HTML on a web page.

Just to help clear up the technical issues, yes, the user does have to have the appropriate plug-in installed on their computer. Both of the solutions mentioned on this thread are Flash-based. 97% of computers on the internet have Flash installed. (That 97% number is a documented fact, not an guess.) So almost all users will be able to use either of these players.

Users who do not have Flash will not get an error. Some browsers will automatically offer to download and install the plug-in if the user does not have it.Even if the user doesn't install it, they will still be able to use the web page. At worst, the control will be missing. A good web designer can set up the web page so alternate content is displayed only on computers without Flash. For example, users with Flash would see the player, users without flash could see a link to the quote in MP3 format, or just a text version of the quote on the page.

Now I'll move from fact to opinion...

I don't currently use audio testimonials, but it is on my list of future enhancements to my site. I've seen sites use this sort of technique very effectively, and think it would work well for me. I'm plannig on having a portion of the testimonal written out on the page, and allow users to play the entire audio testimonial, if they choose. That way I can provide the ideal experience for both visual and audiory oriented folks.

I don't think getting an audio testimonial will be more of an imposition than getting a written one. It is certainally quicker and easier to give a spoken testimonial than to take the time to write and send one. I suppose I'll find out when I start asking for them.

-Brad
icentertainment
View Profile
Inner circle
1429 Posts

D for Darth Dave

No the fact that it is a click here to play audio suggests that it it optional for the customer, Like video or having a testimonials page or a Contact page.

Just because the page or file is on your site doesn't mean the customer has to use it.

In essence the audio button is click to load and you can stop start fast forward and rewind and pause.

The audio button is like any other page- they can click on it if they wish or they can choose not to

just like they can click on your Biography page or choose not to.

Gordon--- I do not mind a difference of opinion----what I do not like is your opinion when you havn't even looked at the program and your attitude is
"I don't need to look"

as for asking for a recorded Testimonial ---how hard is it to ask- if you have been in business for any amount of time you would know- that 1 if you don't ask you'll never get it

and straight after an amazing show - the client is happy. you could ask for a pay rise and they'd give it if your doing your shows right so asking for them to call up and leave a message on the answering machine is easy- Try it you'll find clients more willing than you think.

BUT GORDON- if you actually read the initial post- I mearly stated info on a program on how to add audio to your site and generalised about it's uses as people have asked in the past

The question is not whether it's good or bad- but more of a statement-
If you want to add audio- you may consider using Flash and here is a program"

You don't even looked at the program- which is why we get annoyed.

next time take a moment to actually look at the program and then post.
icentertainment
View Profile
Inner circle
1429 Posts

These programs have a loading bar and volume control- if you had looked at the program you would know that
NJJ
View Profile
Inner circle
6439 Posts

Profile of NJJ
This program looks much simpler then other ones I have seen.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » Audio on the web (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.22 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL