The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Subtrunk Accessories (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Magic Patrick
View Profile
Inner circle
Minnesota
1591 Posts

Profile of Magic Patrick
All,

Can someone tell me where I can find a curtain that is light enough for my assistant to hold up but heavy enough so you can't see through it. Please help me out. Thanks. Also, if you have made one; what kind of material did you use? Thanks all.

Patrick
styck13
View Profile
Regular user
165 Posts

Profile of styck13
We went to our local hobby store and found a shiney red "alligator skin" print. My 10yr old is lifting it fine. He and his assistant are practicing a cpl hours a day a cpl days a week with it and we havent had one complaint that it's too heavy. We just tested and tested (against the lights in the store) until we found what we were looking for. From a distance you CANT TELL that it's alligator skin it just looks like shiney material with a pattern (which is really what it is..haha) I hope that helps.
jacoblucas
View Profile
Regular user
132 Posts

Profile of jacoblucas
You can use shartin cloth and if you require you can buy from cloth store

otherwise you can contact supplier Email sparkuni@yahoo.com
Magic Patrick
View Profile
Inner circle
Minnesota
1591 Posts

Profile of Magic Patrick
Thank you very much. You all rock!
afun14u
View Profile
Loyal user
Tennessee
249 Posts

Profile of afun14u
I found that King sized bed sheets work fine....they are already seamed up all you have to do is make a PVC hoop and thread it through the sheets. I have used Red. The only way you can see through is with directly overhead lighting. This works for me....check it out.
Empowering Kingdom Growth through Evangelistic Entertainment!
Joe Mansfield
View Profile
Loyal user
227 Posts

Profile of Joe Mansfield
Be sure to check whatever fabric you select against a strong light. The first hoop curtain I made was slightly transparent so I added a light weight black cloth liner.
The Donster
View Profile
Inner circle
4817 Posts

Profile of The Donster
You might want to add/get a spirit bag as well. maybe some ropes etc to tie the trunk up with to. D,
Bob Sanders
View Profile
1945 - 2024
Magic Valley Ranch, Clanton, Alabama
20504 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
We are the last of the big spenders. I sure ours is made from something off the $1/yard table. It will never wear out!

Bob Sanders
Magic By Sander
Bob Sanders

Magic By Sander / The Amazed Wiz

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
makeupguy
View Profile
Inner circle
1411 Posts

Profile of makeupguy
I"ve made lots of sub-trunks.. and I've ALWAYS made my curtains from heavy Double Knit Polyester.. it looks great.. it doesn't wrinkle... you can add rhinestones.. or whatever. It comes in every conceivable color.. it washes well..

I've used it in amusement parks during noon in the middle of the summer.. and have never had so much as a shadow..
ricker
View Profile
Special user
Tampa, FL
914 Posts

Profile of ricker
If you take a look at ours, it is semi transparent, so you can see a bright shirt through it. Syd wears her yellow or green shirt with black pants and I wear all black. So you can see her shirt until the exchange, which is even better when showing it to layment. Since we don't have the speed of Jon and Char, this helps us get the exchange to look faster.

http://media.putfile.com/metamorphosis
Christopher Starr
View Profile
Inner circle
Heart of America
1850 Posts

Profile of Christopher Starr
Quote:
On 2006-05-21 23:35, makeupguy wrote:
...I've used it in amusement parks during noon in the middle of the summer.. and have never had so much as a shadow..

...In a wooden box, in the heat, in the middle of summer. Uhg! I'm sweating just thinking about it! Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Subtrunk Accessories (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL