We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Birthday Party Pro (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4 [Next]
toomuchmagic
View Profile
Special user
534 Posts

Profile of toomuchmagic
Yeah, so what do you guys think of this?
http://www.birthdaypartypro.com

good, bad, or what?
toomuchmagic
View Profile
Special user
534 Posts

Profile of toomuchmagic
http://www.birthday-party-magicians.com/
Check out this link instead.
threecardmonte
View Profile
Loyal user
278 Posts

Profile of threecardmonte
I have been a member since February and have had only good experiences with it. Tim David has done a great job developing a program that supplies you with almost everything you need to run a successful birthday party business.

Not only is there a great members site, but you actually get paying gigs. Not leads, but someone who is ready to book YOU. I am currently averaging about 3 shows a month through Birthday Party Pro.

As far as the members site, there is a discussion forum, audio downloads, (including an interview with Eric Paul) articles, phone script, press release template, (one that resulted a feature article in the local paper for me) and a lot more. All free to members.

There are also products available including goody bags that you can resell to your clients.

All in all, I am very happy with my experience. Another great thing is that Tim David will listen to your suggestions and maintain an open line of communication with you.

You can get more information by going here: http://www.timcatemagicshow.com/BPP
I believe Tim is still allowing the first month free, but I am not sure.
If anybody has any other questions, don't hesitate to ask.

Tim Cate
Marvello
View Profile
Inner circle
It's amazing how little I can say in
1490 Posts

Profile of Marvello
I have to wonder if Michael Ammar knows that he is being used to promote Mr. David's business.

Quote:
Michael Ammar's Thoughts
I had the chance to briefly talk to Michael at one of his lectures and here's what he had to say about the business side of magic.
Never criticize someone else until you have walked a mile in their shoes. Then, when you do criticize them, you will be a mile away from them and you will have their shoes.
toomuchmagic
View Profile
Special user
534 Posts

Profile of toomuchmagic
What if I am paying out, but not getting any return. Is there some kind of guarantee of work? Money back if you don't get any shows.

Another thing....isnt BPP everything that your site says it isn't.
threecardmonte
View Profile
Loyal user
278 Posts

BPP is a "combination of the best of ALL of these things."

And you get the first month for free. So I guess if you are not booking any shows, you can pull out.
toomuchmagic
View Profile
Special user
534 Posts

Profile of toomuchmagic
Anyone a little less 'partial' care to comment.
threecardmonte
View Profile
Loyal user
278 Posts

This is not my company and I have nothing to gain by convincing you. I thought you wanted feedback from somebody's experience.
toomuchmagic
View Profile
Special user
534 Posts

Profile of toomuchmagic
Nothing against you Tim. It is just that the website bearing your own name is an advertisement for the company and your first response reads just like ad copy.
Scott O.
View Profile
Inner circle
Midwest
1141 Posts

Profile of Scott O.
It seems to me that Tim responded honestly to a question. He likes BPP. It also seems to me that he is proud to be part of the BPP team. So being enthusiastic and consistent seems like an endorsement to me. Who better to tell you about the experience than someone who has already tried it?

I would suggest that you could get all your questions answered if you would email Tim David from the BPP site. I saw a link there designed just for that.

In the mean time, my first impression was a bit mixed. Who couldn't use another source for shows? (Ok there are a few.) But if you already have a website that is optimized for search engines, then this would only serve to draw traffic away from your own site, or split the traffic already coming. The concept is intriguing, but won't fit everyone's needs.

If you don't have a website, this would, at first glance anyway, appear to be a good option to get web presence. You try it out for a couple months and see if it works for you. The risk is really minimal. I mean if you have a yellow pages ad, you're paying a LOT more than Tim is asking for.

I'm not endorsing the site, but it's worth a look-see for some in my opinion.
Do not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time you will reap a harvest, if you do not give up. Galatians 6:9
toomuchmagic
View Profile
Special user
534 Posts

Profile of toomuchmagic
Thanks for the reply Scott

:) I really was not cutting on Tim. I appreciate any feedback to my questions, I just found him a bit too enthusiastic. (Although maybe I should consider that a good thing.)

I did e-mail the other Tim before I made my original post, but I have not received a response as of yet.

I am very interested in this program. It just sounds too good to be true, so instead of jumping in head first, I am asking around.

Anyone else use, or hear anything about BPP.

Scott, what are the other (few) sources you were referring to?
threecardmonte
View Profile
Loyal user
278 Posts

Toomuchmagic:
If you don't want to accept my opinion on this, fine. But if you are really that interested, why don't you contact some of the other magicians involved. Most of our email addresses are at http://www.birthdaypartypro.com/

Going back to your previous comment, "What if I am paying out, but not getting any return. Is there some kind of guarantee of work? Money-back if you don't get any shows."

Does the Yellow Pages refund you your money if you don't get any work? What about Parent Magazines? And they won't give you a free month either.

I don't want my posts to sound like a commercial for BPP. But so far my experience has been good. Your joining BPP has no effect on me either way.

Tim
Scott O.
View Profile
Inner circle
Midwest
1141 Posts

Profile of Scott O.
Quote:
On 2006-05-18 00:45, toomuchmagic wrote:
Scott, what are the other (few) sources you were referring to?

I merely meant that there are a few performers that would say they don't need another source for work. They are busy enough as it is.
Do not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time you will reap a harvest, if you do not give up. Galatians 6:9
Amazing Magic Co
View Profile
Inner circle
1679 Posts

Profile of Amazing Magic Co
How long is the commitment if someone signs up? Does anyone know the exit process beyond the initial 30 days?

Thanks,
Dan.
itsmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
middle earth
1073 Posts

Profile of itsmagic
The site has an FAQ. You either sign up on a month-by-month basis or do a six-month or one-year membership.

You can quit any month and fees refunded on a pro-rated basis. I believe BPP also reserves the right to cancel your membership if you receive negative reviews from your clients or for other factors.
Bill Scarlett
View Profile
Veteran user
Vermont
365 Posts

Profile of Bill Scarlett
It sounds like a good concept, but I looked for New England magicians and it listed exactly none. In New York it lists only two magicians. It seems fairly limited at this time, though perhaps it will continue to grow. Based on what is there now, I don't think I would sign up.
Bill Nuvo
View Profile
Inner circle
3094 Posts or
2747 Posts

Profile of Bill Nuvo
Threecardmonte, I think what toomuch is referring to when hesitant is the uncertainty that people will view the site compared to phonebooks and parent magazines.

You know people will receive a phonebook. Parent magazines are seen everywhere and we have seen people reading them.

What some of us want to know is: How many people are hitting the site in our target market? Does Tim David have stats? Is Tim able to collect stats saying how many hits a magician gets from this area?

If I knew that 10 hits per day were coming in from my area, I would consider. Until then....
toomuchmagic
View Profile
Special user
534 Posts

Profile of toomuchmagic
Right on Mr. Bill. Couldn't have said it better.

Tim, maybe you know, how the "other" Tim markets and promotes this website to get it on the monitor screen of potential "magician purchasers."
toomuchmagic
View Profile
Special user
534 Posts

Profile of toomuchmagic
I am still waiting for a response for my email to BPP.
Anyone else out there have any experience with them and care to comment?
MagicHatofMatt
View Profile
New user
Florida
71 Posts

Profile of MagicHatofMatt
I signed up with Birthday Party Pro a couple weeks ago. I have emailed Tim and I haven't received a response. Has anyone heard from him? I know other magicians are doing very well with this, but I've yet to hear when my page will be up, or when bookings will be coming my way.

-Matthew
Who Else Wants a CUSTOM Airbrushed Backdrop That'll Turn Your Audience's Heads!?"

http://www.AmazingBackdropCreations.com

Only $697 for a CUSTOM Airbrushed 10' x 10' Backdrop, COMPLETE with Portable Backdrop Stands and a Carrying Bag!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Birthday Party Pro (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.21 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL