The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » cosmosis (floating match) (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

a.lien
View Profile
New user
Germany
36 Posts

Profile of a.lien
Hi there,

has anyone ever heard about the effect "cosmosis" which is apparently the ultime floating match routine, where you can actually pass a ring through the floating piece?!!

If so, please drop me a line and tell me about it, how you like it and if it´s practical.

I was wondering, if this was actually that old trick DC used to show in his Bermuda special (remember the floating match and the passing finger ring?!).

If anyone knows more about it and would like to talk about it please feel free to write me a short note!

Thanks for helpin´ !
Alex

Smile
Alan Wheeler
View Profile
Inner circle
Posting since 2002 with
2038 Posts

Profile of Alan Wheeler
Hello Alex,

Cosmosis is a great effect and the instructions that come with the needed props are wonderful. It is more than worth the extra three dollars it costs above the price of the ripped-off version.

Passing the finger ring around the match is explained, but that bit will also cost you a little extra practice.

alleycat Smile
The views and comments expressed on this post may be mere speculation and are not necessarily the opinions, values, or beliefs of Alan Wheeler.
A BLENDED PATH
Christian Reflections on Tarot
Word Crimes
Technology and Faith........Bad Religion
Chris A.
View Profile
Inner circle
AKA Chris A.
1123 Posts

Profile of Chris A.
Cosmosis *the orignal* is a wonderful effect. Fairly inexpensive too.
AKA Chris A.
Keepin' the Funk Alive
femur
View Profile
Regular user
Belgium
170 Posts

Profile of femur
Bought it some time ago and wasn't too happy with the quality of the gimmick. It broke during practice!

The effect is great, however... so I made another gimmick with the instructions in the manual.
"I can't really think of a good quote to put here"
alexhui
View Profile
Inner circle
Hong Kong
1668 Posts

Profile of alexhui
Hi,Alex
A good effect with a great instruction of teaching dozen of moves.I find it is a great trick standing by itself.
But regarding passing ring through match,I think it is something killing the effect.You don't have to do that to obtain the maximum impact.The instruction has enough to let you make the best of Osmosis.

Alex
The Real Way of Magic is to touch the soul of our audience, but not to touch the ego of our soul
Wesley
View Profile
New user
Sheffield U.K
56 Posts

Profile of Wesley
I agree it is a good effect but a well know trick so dont be suprised when your spectators say 'I know how you did that'
Chris A.
View Profile
Inner circle
AKA Chris A.
1123 Posts

Profile of Chris A.
Quote:
On 2002-12-08 11:34, Wesley wrote:
I agree it is a good effect but a well know trick so dont be suprised when your spectators say 'I know how you did that'

Not if you have the original.

There are many subtleties involved where the spectator picks the card, signs it and then the match rises above the card. Then the card can be given to the spectator as a souvenir. With a bit of thought, you can completely fool people who've only been exposed to the rip off versions.
AKA Chris A.
Keepin' the Funk Alive
Ruben Padilla
View Profile
Loyal user
Narrative Strategist
207 Posts

Profile of Ruben Padilla
To answer your original question, yes, it's the same thing that Copperfield did witht the match going through the ring...
joseph
View Profile
Eternal Order
Please ignore my
16948 Posts

Profile of joseph
How does this trick compare to the floating diamond effect where the pip floats off the card? Smile
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." (Einstein)...
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » cosmosis (floating match) (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL