The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » My Review For "Vanished & Gone" For $20.00 By Peter Duffie. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Eddini_81976
View Profile
Inner circle
2183 Posts

Profile of Eddini_81976
Effect : (My Description..lol) You show a deck of cards. You show fronts and backs. You tell a spectator to just THINK of a card that they never have to name. You say in 3 seconds that their card will be "Gone". You tell them to deal through the cards and count out out loud. Now ONE of two thing will happen. #1 (Best Scenario) they count and only 51 cards is there, their card is the ONLY card missing. #2 As they count they reach their Card. They turn it over and on the back it says "Gone". I hope that's not giving it away.

My Review : I have MIXED FEELINGS on this. I think this is a VERY, very strong effect CONSIDERING it's option one. I just don't like option two nor do I think it'll fool much people. This ISN'T examinable. The ideas are great. I have TWO reviews DEPENDING on what option occurs. For Option (1) I give this a 9 (With 10 being PERFECT). Foe Option (2) I only give this like a 5. So you have a 50/50 chance of getting Option One. THAT'S THE ONE YOU WANT. So I reccomend this with the above reservations, Ed, (Eddini).
"Treat Others As You'd Want To Be Treated" - Jesus Christ
ElliottB
View Profile
Inner circle
3206 Posts

Profile of ElliottB
Thanks for another fine review. A few months ago, I unsuccessfully tried to buy a book called Effortless Card Magic. I’m not certain, but I think this trick is just one of many found in the book. I guess that helps explain why it’s so hard to find. No one wants to sell their copy.
mattisdx
View Profile
Inner circle
1614 Posts

Profile of mattisdx
This sounds like a Barry Richardson effect from his first book
Robert Sixx
View Profile
Special user
800 Posts

Profile of Robert Sixx
It is in Effortless Card Magic and it plays well with either ending, however you are right -- ending 1 is the stronger of the two!

Robert Sixx
Catch me on Twitter @RobertSixx or Facebook -- Robert Sixx
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
7009 Posts

Profile of Cameron Francis
Effortless Card Magic will soon be offered as an ebook.
MOMENT'S NOTICE LIVE 3 - Six impromptu card tricks! Out now! http://cameronfrancismagic.com/moments-notice-live-3.html
ElliottB
View Profile
Inner circle
3206 Posts

Profile of ElliottB
Cool! Are there any details concerning where, when and how much $ ?
RC4MAG
View Profile
Special user
559 Posts

Profile of RC4MAG
This effect has been on the market for many, many years already. Yes, it does sell for $20. and has some factory printing on half the deck. There was another Israeli dealer touring the US at that time selling the same effect but, in the second senerio, instead of the word "GONE" appearing on the card, your initials are written there( The performers initials). He sold this for $40.00! Twice the price!! So, he provided you with in essence a deck of cards and instructions...you wrote your initials as many times as is needed!!!!
Eddini_81976
View Profile
Inner circle
2183 Posts

Profile of Eddini_81976
The initials idea sounds a bit better. Ed, (Eddini).
MagicRabbit
View Profile
Regular user
176 Posts

Profile of MagicRabbit
Ed, without giving anything away, is there any way to better "help" the spectator to choose a card that will end up in option 1 scenario? If so, this could give us a better chance of having the BEST outcome. Any ideas?
Marc Frese
View Profile
Veteran user
396 Posts

Profile of Marc Frese
Again and again very good Reviews!
I read it again and again gladly!
Thank you for the work and the time.

Greetings from Germany!
tophatter
View Profile
Inner circle
connecticut
3053 Posts

Profile of tophatter
Vanished & GONE is great I have been using it successfully ! Yeh I also got sucked into the UK 40.00 effect with the intials . Yurval Keren was selling this 40.00 for a deck of cards & you wrote your intials on the certain cards . Highway robery this should be illegal same principal as GONE .
Tops
ElliottB
View Profile
Inner circle
3206 Posts

Profile of ElliottB
I contacted Mr. Duffie. The ebook will be released imminently; possibly even today.

Yes!!! Smile

Thanks,

Elliott
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
7009 Posts

Profile of Cameron Francis
I can't wait. I really want to check out this effect among others.
MOMENT'S NOTICE LIVE 3 - Six impromptu card tricks! Out now! http://cameronfrancismagic.com/moments-notice-live-3.html
fvdbeek
View Profile
Elite user
490 Posts

Profile of fvdbeek
Yep, it's coming today say's Peters website !

Frans
ElliottB
View Profile
Inner circle
3206 Posts

Profile of ElliottB
Got it!!! Time to start reading.

Elliott
Eddini_81976
View Profile
Inner circle
2183 Posts

Profile of Eddini_81976
Yes this trick is TOP CLASS, but it's the one ending I just don't care for. As far as the guy asking if there is a way to make the card actually vanishing happen, there isn't. All I will say is as they're counting you're heart is in your throat hoping they don't see their card...lol, Ed, (Eddini).
joseph
View Profile
Eternal Order
Please ignore my
17163 Posts

Profile of joseph
Vanished and gone looks like an improvement on an old Eddie Joseph effect called Premonition Outdone, sold by Abbotts.....Both are really good effects....
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." (Einstein)...
ElliottB
View Profile
Inner circle
3206 Posts

Profile of ElliottB
Quote:
On 2006-05-18 22:06, Eddini_81976 wrote:
I just don't like option two nor do I think it'll fool much people.

PM'd you.

Thanks,

Elliott
Hurleybird
View Profile
New user
Oklahoma
25 Posts

Profile of Hurleybird
Does anyone have the link to where one can purchase the E-Book? I've been looking for this book for a long time. Will it have all the tricks that were in the original "Effortless Card Magic?" Thanks much!
***Fear the Clown***
ElliottB
View Profile
Inner circle
3206 Posts

Profile of ElliottB
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » My Review For "Vanished & Gone" For $20.00 By Peter Duffie. (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL