The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » My Review For "Vanished & Gone" For $20.00 By Peter Duffie. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5024 Posts

Profile of landmark
Quote:
Yes this trick is TOP CLASS, but it's the one ending I just don't care for. As far as the guy asking if there is a way to make the card actually vanishing happen, there isn't. All I will say is as they're counting you're heart is in your throat hoping they don't see their card...lol, Ed, (Eddini).

After purchasing the effect from Effortless Card Magic, you can make up your own . . . now think what cards are most spectators most likely to name? If you know the method, I think you can take it from there . . .

Jack Shalom
Intuition
View Profile
New user
62 Posts

Profile of Intuition
Quote:
On 2006-05-18 22:06, Eddini_81976 wrote:
Effect : (My Description..lol) You show a deck of cards. You show fronts and backs. You tell a spectator to just THINK of a card that they never have to name.

Perhaps you should let the spectator name their card. The trick wouldn't make much sense if you could make their card disappear without knowing which card.
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
7007 Posts

Profile of Cameron Francis
Actually, it makes a lot of sense because it seems you read the spectator's mind, and, therefore, makes the effect more impressive. If you let them name the card and then go through the deck showing it is gone, it is less impressive because they think you could have stolen out the card as you went through the deck.

There are certain cards that most spectators name more than others. Pretty obvious ones at that. Knowing those cards does help to make the chances of this effect turning out great even better.
MOMENT'S NOTICE LIVE 3 - Six impromptu card tricks! Out now! http://cameronfrancismagic.com/moments-notice-live-3.html
nattefrost
View Profile
Special user
691 Posts

Profile of nattefrost
Believe it or not, I did this trick to a co-worker and FOUR times in a row senario #1 came out. But honestly, I've got better reactions when "gone" happens because the spec thinks he fooled you. I show him he could have chosen this, this, this, (showing backs with no words) and then reveal "gone" and they like that version, better. Plus in senario #1 I've had a spec once notice duplicate cards. I'm going out on a limb here, but I like #2 better. It's like a sucker trick, too.
pduffie
View Profile
Veteran user
Scotland
340 Posts

Profile of pduffie
An old thread rises from the dead!

Vanished & Gone combines Premonition and Dave Campbell's classic FRED trick. Eddie Joseph's Premonition is actually in Hofzinser's Card Conjuring (check out "Domination of Thought").

'nattefrost' is correct - I agree that option #2 is the strongest. Option #1 often fools magicians and is stronger for them. But lay people want to know where their card went! Barrie Richardson & Ken Krenzell sent me a nice addition that they devised together for option #1: The spectator deals through and does not see his card - he counts 51 face up cards but there is one face down card at the end (or near the end). You turn it over and it's blank. This small addition gives the trick a finish, which my original lacked with option #1.

Bob Farmer also has a variation which was included in Effortless Card Magic.

Peter
Alternative Magic
danielellis_5
View Profile
Loyal user
Sheffield
211 Posts

Profile of danielellis_5
Depending on whitch option you feel is strongest you can play around with the constuction of the deck to make you desired option become more frequent.Its hard to explain without exposure but if anyone's intrested PM me.

Dan
Best quote from a spectator"I know how he did that,it was sleight of hand"(spectator then sits back looking pleased with himself)
MSD921
View Profile
Special user
613 Posts

Profile of MSD921
Can't you have them name a card and then bring the deck out from your pocket, thereby guaranteeing whichever result you want?
Allen McGregor
View Profile
New user
6 Posts

Profile of Allen McGregor
Vanished and Gone is an excellent trick. Having performed it many times, I would maintain that option 2 from the original post is the better result. I have always felt that it receives a stronger reaction. Yes you can make up your own trick from Duffie's book, but I think the trick produced by Elmwood magic is a very professional looking way to present the trick.
chappelly
View Profile
Special user
Down Under
745 Posts

Profile of chappelly
The writing on the commercial pack is too neat.It needs to be done in black nikko as though you actually predicted the outcome.The commercial printing signals trick deck.
I like version 2 as it has an ending.
However Version 1 seems more impossible.

Chappelly
Eddini_81976
View Profile
Inner circle
2183 Posts

Profile of Eddini_81976
Hey wow Peter nice seeing ya thanks for adding me to facebook. You got a real gem here. I can see where option #2 could be used as a sucker gag. Myself I LOVE strong mentalism endings, hell I like metalism to begin with. Yes Danielle Ellis, I'll PM you, Thanks, Ed, (Eddini), C.H.
"Treat Others As You'd Want To Be Treated" - Jesus Christ
Eddini_81976
View Profile
Inner circle
2183 Posts

Profile of Eddini_81976
Hey wow Peter nice seeing ya thanks for adding me to facebook. You got a real gem here. I can see where option #2 could be used as a sucker gag. Myself I LOVE strong mentalism endings, hell I like metalism to begin with. Yes Danielle Ellis, I'll PM you, Thanks, Ed, (Eddini), C.H.
"Treat Others As You'd Want To Be Treated" - Jesus Christ
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » My Review For "Vanished & Gone" For $20.00 By Peter Duffie. (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL