The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Gaffed & Funky » » The Double Agent (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
9530 Posts

Profile of Mb217
I've heard some great things about Gene Taylor's "The Double Agent." Just wanted to know if any of you out there use this very unique card, as a stand alone effect or within other effects. Seems to make a lot of neat things possible. I've got some ideas for it, and I've heard from some reliable sources on cards that it's the best of its kind when it comes to a changing card. Your thoughts?
*Check out my latest: Gifts From The Old Country: A Mini-Magic Book, MBs Mini-Lecture on Coin Magic, The MB Tanspo PLUS, MB's Morgan, Copper Silver INC, Double Trouble, FlySki, Crimp Change - REDUX!, and other fine magic at gumroad.com/mb217magic Smile

"Believe in YOU, and you will see the greatest magic that ever was." -Mb Smile
Kjellstrom
View Profile
Inner circle
Sweden, Scandinavia, Europe
5203 Posts

Profile of Kjellstrom
Watch a video: http://antinomymagic.com/products.htm
Looks extremely amazing, looks like a hollywood fx effect !!!
gaafman
View Profile
Loyal user
248 Posts

Profile of gaafman
Oh wow it looks really amazing! And with this transpositions you can do all kinds of kicker endings to effects.
frog52
View Profile
New user
Iowa
62 Posts

Profile of frog52
Somebody please review this! Is a cursory examination possible?
TheAmazingSteveo
View Profile
Inner circle
1578 Posts

Profile of TheAmazingSteveo
I went to this site and got:
Account for domain antinomymagic.com has been suspended
Tried to call Eugene's phone but it is not working according to the message on the phone.
TheAmazingSteveo
View Profile
Inner circle
1578 Posts

I paid $35 from the site not too long ago and never received the product. If anybody knows how to contact this guy please let me know.

Thank you,
Steve
evolve629
View Profile
Inner circle
A stack of
3838 Posts

Profile of evolve629
Kjellstrom, the link does not work... really wish to see a demo.
One hundred percent of the shots you don't take don't go in - Wayne Gretzky
My favorite part is putting the gaffs in the spectators hands...it gives you that warm fuzzy feeling inside! - Bob Kohler
TheAmazingSteveo
View Profile
Inner circle
1578 Posts

Turns out Eugene was at Fism 2006.

Gave me a refund. I jumped to a conclusion too fast Smile

Sorry about that.
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27300 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
Just saw the clip... and watched it in "muggle vision".

Okay, it made me want to examine the card.

Tell me you can give the card out for examination. IE what was is then safely out of harms way as in the fan-2-see idea.
...to all the coins I've dropped here
antinomy
View Profile
New user
53 Posts

Profile of antinomy
Sorry to all who tried to watch the demo while I was away. I had a problem with my hosting company that was quickly resolved on my return. We had a few orders just prior to us leaving on July 29th that we couldn't get out. All orders between then and now will ship this week. Thanks for your patience!

My trip to FISM was well-rewarded with a victory by Rick Merrill in the Close-up Competition!

Sorry, the Double Agent is NOT examinable. Now that would be a miracle! It is, however, a convincing change under the right circumstances.
Gene Taylor
editor & publisher
Antinomy
http://www.antinomymagic.com
misterillusion
View Profile
Special user
Roseville, California
748 Posts

Profile of misterillusion
Quote:
On 2006-07-28 19:14, frog52 wrote:
Somebody please review this! Is a cursory examination possible?

I LOVE gimmicks and therefore I LOVE this item! I just received it today...fast shipping! I think I will be able to use this close up in most cases without any difficulty. No question that I WILL be using this for strolling magic, closeup and parlor. You will not be able to hand the card out, however for the audience to examine. A switch could be done if examination is necessary.
May every day be magic!

http://www.misterillusion.com
Josh Zandman
View Profile
Special user
687 Posts

Profile of Josh Zandman
This looks amazing! Is the set up easy ... meaning can I take it off the top of my real deck and go into the change?
Irishghost
View Profile
Inner circle
www.gaffguy.com
1228 Posts

Profile of Irishghost
Nice visual effect.
I get to gaff some cool stuff for some cool people
Esoterist
View Profile
New user
Richmond,Va.
16 Posts

Profile of Esoterist
I am not opposed to slipping in a gaffed card from time to time.
The "Double Agent" card is extremely well made and accomplishes
what is was designed to do very efficiently. I found it to be
a very useful item with many applications.

Woody
Woody Landers
twistedace
View Profile
Inner circle
philadelphia
3772 Posts

Profile of twistedace
I've seen it live at Abbotts and it is AMAZING. Under fire it WILL fool you. Especially if you have no idea about it, which I didn't at the time. It's GREAT in a multiple selection routine. You chang a card TO the double agent, then change the double agent, put it back in the deck and continue on to a new card. AWESOME
chunk08
View Profile
New user
San Diego
51 Posts

Profile of chunk08
Great trick! Was wondering if there will be kings or queens available or does just work better with the jacks?
Memory-Jah
View Profile
Inner circle
Germany
1438 Posts

Profile of Memory-Jah
Reminds me on shade. crazy or probably the most smoothest color change of all time like this double agent here, but not examinable.
"Dropping your pants while you set off flash paper may allow your pass to go undetected, but it's still not invisible." - Count Elmsley
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Gaffed & Funky » » The Double Agent (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL