The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Help Identify Chinese Coins (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

MrBob102
View Profile
Regular user
Northern Virginia
125 Posts

Profile of MrBob102
Recently I bought some magic items from a Magician's widow. Among the items was a group of chinese coins (see attachment) that I could not identify. Can anyone identify the name of these? Also where I might get the instructions or routines. Thanks, Bob

Click here to view attached image.
Rennie
View Profile
Inner circle
I think I have about
1822 Posts

Profile of Rennie
Was there a shell coin among them ?
Rennie
The effect is the important thing, how you achieve it is not.......
Jaz
View Profile
Inner circle
NJ, U.S.
6111 Posts

Profile of Jaz
It looks to me like coins for a coins on/off ribbon routine but I'm not positive.
Good luck,
MrBob102
View Profile
Regular user
Northern Virginia
125 Posts

Profile of MrBob102
Rennie - Yes there are two shells.
Rennie
View Profile
Inner circle
I think I have about
1822 Posts

Profile of Rennie
Quote:
On 2006-05-21 10:42, Jaz wrote:
It looks to me like coins for a coins on/off ribbon routine but I'm not positive.
Good luck,

I agree with Jaz. Sterling Magic Creations had a routine called Wash Off which used a complete washer, one with a slit (like in the picture) and a shell washer, beautiful effect. I believe they later changed the coins to Chinese like yours. If needed I do have instructions..
Rennie
The effect is the important thing, how you achieve it is not.......
RawVoodoo
View Profile
New user
ohio
62 Posts

Profile of RawVoodoo
Looks like a set of beggars coins. I used to have a set. I don't remember the manufacturer or anything else though.
geemack
View Profile
Loyal user
Greg McNeil Peoria,Illinois
296 Posts

Profile of geemack
Yep, Hank Moorehouse's Beggar Coins. Try putting Beggar Coins in the search box here to find more information.

Greg
mystre71
View Profile
Inner circle
martinsburg west virginia
1693 Posts

Profile of mystre71
Greg is correct I have this very same set and it's Hank Moorehouse's Beggar coins.
Walk around coin box work check it out here https://www.magicalmystries.com/products
MrBob102
View Profile
Regular user
Northern Virginia
125 Posts

Profile of MrBob102
Thanks everyone. It's confirmed that these are Beggar Coins. I have received several replies and references to material that will help me understanding and working with them. Thanks again !!!
sabretooth
View Profile
New user
Santa Cruz, CA
24 Posts

Profile of sabretooth
TWOCAN
View Profile
Special user
PORT RICHEY FL
877 Posts

Profile of TWOCAN
Yes they are the begger coins. I bought a set at Dimonds magic store in Peabody massachusetts about 10 yrs ago. Not a bad set,
Profits over people are a common thing . Be uncommon and be the best .
MrBob102
View Profile
Regular user
Northern Virginia
125 Posts

Profile of MrBob102
I posted this in 2006 and got the answers in 2006. Check the dates befre you reply. Thanks. Since Hank Morehouse has passed away these may become collector items.
TWOCAN
View Profile
Special user
PORT RICHEY FL
877 Posts

Profile of TWOCAN
Thanks Mr Bob, I didn't eveny look at the date, Just seen a post and went from there, Thanks for the heads up .
Profits over people are a common thing . Be uncommon and be the best .
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Help Identify Chinese Coins (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL