We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » In Air - Mickael Chatelain (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

James England
View Profile
New user
79 Posts

Profile of James England
Does anyone have this and in a position to post a review? The demo clip is very enticing however the price for essentially a packet trick seems high. Clever gimmick obviously but for the price, what about longevity? Appreciate any responses. Thanks guys.
Never regret something that once made you smile
trickychris
View Profile
Loyal user
England
258 Posts

Profile of trickychris
ok
let me help
you pay for one gimmicked card - clever? not cure about that - does what it has to do!
you will need to hope that the gimmicked card is a court card - if its not, you may have a little trouble in the gimmick showing (if you have it, you'll know what I mean).
also - I imagine the gimmick will wear away after much use -
its a great visual trick, but I have yet to come up with a why! - whats the story behind doing the effect - any help on that please.
it would be a good effect to do on t.v. - it looks real good.
but do you want to pay £25 for such a trivial effect that spectators will forget within 5mins?

chris
Mehtas
View Profile
Inner circle
England, UK
1650 Posts

Profile of Mehtas
Go for Royal Flash Instead.

its less than half the price.

You can see the demo on JB Magic.
James England
View Profile
New user
79 Posts

Profile of James England
Thanks Chris, it seems I was rightly sceptical! Does this mean that you did indeed make the £25 purchase........?!

Either way, this is exactly what this forum is about and I appreciate your honesty. I do like to introduce gimmicked "stuff" as I largely work with ungimmicked material and it can throw folk off the scent. This one perhaps is not worth the risk although I acknowledge that your response contains "a great visual trick". Thanks again sir, especially for the prompt response.
James England
View Profile
New user
79 Posts

Profile of James England
Thanks Mehtas. I do have Royal Flash but am not especially comfortable with it, Ttwenty1 however I think is worth the cash and let's face it is essentially the same gimmick. Thanks too for the prompt response.

Chris, in terms of the "Why?" - if this effect was deemed worth the price, I'm sure there must be a story to employ...."playing cards the other night, I only had a pair but knew it wasn't going to be enough..." type scenario. But I guess it's whether the "if" it's worth the price that should be answered first!

Thanks both.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » In Air - Mickael Chatelain (0 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL