The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » "The Magic Community" (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

cjl467
View Profile
New user
Los Angeles
72 Posts

Profile of cjl467
How many people are into magic? Worldwide? Nation-wide? Everyone from amateurs to professionals, is there any way of even approximating this number? People are always tossing about the phrase "the magic community". I wanted to see if there was any way to actually gauge the number of people who are in this "market"...

Any thoughts? even guesses will do...

I thought this was the best place to post this, but still not sure...
JackScratch
View Profile
Inner circle
2151 Posts

Profile of JackScratch
When people speak of "The Magic Community" what they mostly mean is the visible, or vocal magic community. No idea how many people comprise either.
RandyStewart
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas (USA)
1990 Posts

Profile of RandyStewart
Off and running....
Chrystal
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada/France
1552 Posts

Profile of Chrystal
Hi,

I think you could get the number of those that belong to clubs, but that would only give you a small percentage of the actual numbers of people involved in magic. Many cities and towns or various countries may not have a formal club in operation such as IBM or even SAM in some North American cities.

I'm not sure if I'm even correct but think IBM has 15,000 registered members. Someone correct me if I'm wrong. Lots of magicians never join however, so the numbers are probably never going to be known.

Chrystal
Jim Snack
View Profile
Inner circle
1338 Posts

Profile of Jim Snack
There are 24,843 registered members of The magic Café. This is our Magic Community!

Jim
Jim Snack

"Helping Magicians Succeed with Downloadable Resources"
www.success-in-magic.com
cjl467
View Profile
New user
Los Angeles
72 Posts

Profile of cjl467
So is it safe to assume that there's at least 100,000 magicians in the US? I'm just kind of shooting for a very general number to throw out there, kind of for marketing reasons.

(btw, I'm a very committed magician hopefully starting to work professionally pretty soon... never even thought about joining a club -- is it worth looking into?)
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » "The Magic Community" (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL