The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Paper money madness! » » Juan Hundred (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

MyTurnPlzAA
View Profile
Loyal user
NC
288 Posts

Profile of MyTurnPlzAA
Got this dvd this morning, very nice switch just need to get practicing for others who have this how long it take you to get it smooth like doug.
J. Rose
View Profile
New user
85 Posts

Profile of J. Rose
I second that...I would like to know too...this looks like it will take a while
BHart24
View Profile
Regular user
San Jose, CA
112 Posts

Profile of BHart24
I received the DVD somewhere around a couple of weeks ago and have been practicing pretty much every day ever since. This effect will definitely take practice to perform smoothly, but in the two weeks I have been working on it the mechanics are becoming much smoother. I personally will give it much more time however since I want the switch to be totally automatic and feel 100 %. The only tips I might offer are to take each step in the procedure slowly and analyze where your fingers work most effectively, especially with the actual change. This is definitely in the range of anybody who puts the thoughtful practice in, and well worth the effort.
Doug McKenzie
View Profile
Veteran user
New York City
363 Posts

Profile of Doug McKenzie
The trick is definitely not self working, but is not beyond the reach of anyone that puts a little practice time in. The end result is definitely worth it though. Im glad you like it.

D
gdw
View Profile
Inner circle
4826 Posts

Profile of gdw
I am kinda curious as to how clean this is. I understand it is not gimmicked but the clean up and how dirty are you to begin with. In the vid it looks like his hands are empty, completely empty, before and after, which obviously can't be, but then again it is not the easiest thing to see with the vid, as the vid is for showcasing the effect, which looks beautiful.

I am just wondering if it is something that leaves you in an not so great position, or is it pretty straightforward to get in and out of it?
It's amazing, people will criticize you for "biting the hand that feeds you," while they're busy praising the hand that beats them.

"You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one."

I won't forget you Robert.
Doug McKenzie
View Profile
Veteran user
New York City
363 Posts

Profile of Doug McKenzie
Very straight forward to get in and out of imo.
D
lylaster
View Profile
Regular user
Atlanta
197 Posts

Profile of lylaster
I'm putting a lot of time into this trick hoping to get it as smooth as Doug does. The best thing to do is to learn it in steps like how the DVD breaks it down. The get ready, the clean up, and the change. I've been doing it everyday for about a week and a half, and my get ready/clean up is real good. The actually Juan Pablo change is taking some time. Can't wait to get it perfect!
gdw
View Profile
Inner circle
4826 Posts

Profile of gdw
Does anyone have a link to a vid of this? I've seen it before, but I can't remember where. Any vid is good.

thanks.
It's amazing, people will criticize you for "biting the hand that feeds you," while they're busy praising the hand that beats them.

"You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one."

I won't forget you Robert.
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14070 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
That's the secomd time I have heard of the Juan Pablo change. What is that change? Is there a link to it somewhere?
The difficult must become easy, the easy beautiful and the beautiful magical.
Kelvin W Sherlock
View Profile
New user
73 Posts

Profile of Kelvin W Sherlock
The demo video is available at pretty much every online magic store.

The Juan Pablo change is a no-fold change - cleanly display the $1 bill, blow on it, and you're now cleanly holding a $100 bill. If you watch the demo video, you'll see it in action.
Doug McKenzie
View Profile
Veteran user
New York City
363 Posts

Profile of Doug McKenzie
The Juan Pablo change does require a fold before the switch to get into position. The actual change though is completely unfolded with the entire bill facing you. In my "Juan Hundred Dollar" bill switch, the bill is never folded before or during the switch, plus it starts and ends clean. Hope that clarifies things.

D
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14070 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
Helps much. Thanks!
The difficult must become easy, the easy beautiful and the beautiful magical.
Rich B.
View Profile
Special user
Philadelphia
632 Posts

Profile of Rich B.
Hi Doug.
I viewed your DVD last night and appreciate your contribution to the bill switch effect. Everything was very well explained.

I currently peform Money Morph by Kevin King with my own presentation. I also read Lonnie Chevrie's and Juan Pablo's routine in the book "Switch".

It was late last night when I viewed your DVD...and I might have missed this...but I don't recall you switching the borrowed bill back to the original denomination...or even talking about this. Since there are different folds involved with each bill involved, it doesn't seem as easy to switch them back. How do you handle this?

Rich B.
Doug McKenzie
View Profile
Veteran user
New York City
363 Posts

Profile of Doug McKenzie
You can use a second thumb tip with a duplicate bill. Supposedly there is another handling out there that allows for an instant reset, but its not mine and I don't know it. I only heard about it.

D
mteddyan43
View Profile
New user
2 Posts

Profile of mteddyan43
Hi Doug,
I watched your DVD, it was fantastic addition/innovative modification to hundred dollar bill switch. It is without a doubt a reputation maker. I was thinking it would be nice to create a pulley system hooked in the arm and completely eliminate TT for this effect. I have just mastered this effect and I think it is so visual and shocking that people loose control, therefore they have to come up to you and grab the bill. What would you do when spectators jump to grab the bill from you? Has it happened to you? It happened to me twice so far and I only started to perform it close up less than a week.
Thanks again
Teddy
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Paper money madness! » » Juan Hundred (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL