The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » We double dare you! » » Is there magic that has never been disclosed and still remains a secret. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20566 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
There is plenty of unpublished material. Hopefully it will stay as such.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
joseph
View Profile
Eternal Order
Please ignore my
17147 Posts

Profile of joseph
Indian Rope Illusion (title?) always comes to mind... Smile ..
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." (Einstein)...
Servante
View Profile
Inner circle
1328 Posts

Profile of Servante
Poe published the secret (by mental reverse engineering) of the baron's chess player.

As has been pointed out above, one of the reasons some secrets are never worked out is that those who witnessed a thing tell you what they THOUGHT they saw, rather than what they ACTUALLY saw.

That's part of the art of magic, eh?
Rick Fisher
View Profile
Elite user
Rick Fisher
468 Posts

Profile of Rick Fisher
Winston Freer's Levitation
Rick Fisher, President FAB Magic

"One of the largest magic shops in the world!"

www.fabmagic.com
loyaleagle
View Profile
Special user
Montgomery Village, Maryland
567 Posts

Profile of loyaleagle
Yes, Erdnase is a good one, though his entire existence is a mystery. Also, the Indian Rope Trick also came to my mind. Unfortunately, I think that one is actually a myth. It is pretty advanced and crazy for something that would be possible for early magicians.

There were some British mentalists (a couple) who were very famous when radio and TV were new. The husband has died and the wife plans to keep her secrets with her until she joins him and beyond.
Visit my blog: ScienceIsMagic.com
knibby
View Profile
New user
Liverpool, England
52 Posts

Profile of knibby
Quote:
On 2008-08-01 03:12, loyaleagle wrote:
There were some British mentalists (a couple) who were very famous when radio and TV were new. The husband has died and the wife plans to keep her secrets with her until she joins him and beyond.

The piddingtons I belive they were known as?
AlexMack24
View Profile
New user
Auckland, New Zealand
56 Posts

Profile of AlexMack24
Was "Scarne Aces" ever revealed, or was that TV show just trying to create some hype?
thedudewiththecard
View Profile
New user
6 Posts

Profile of thedudewiththecard
I remember I read somewhere that someone could preform the trick lol I know I sound stupid I just cant remember his name I know he's a famous magician but like scarne he also didn't teach the trick =(
Pakar Ilusi
View Profile
Inner circle
5715 Posts

Profile of Pakar Ilusi
I have some magic that has never been disclosed and still remains a secret.... They're mine though....

Smile
"Dreams aren't a matter of Chance but a matter of Choice." -DC-
nathanallen
View Profile
Special user
Des Moines, Iowa, USA
522 Posts

Profile of nathanallen
What about the original Berglas effect? Other than Mr. Berglas himself, I only know of two other guys who do it... And from what I understand, it has never been published...
Nathan Allen, The Maniac of Magic
www.maniacofmagic.com

To buy a prop is nothing.
To write a good routine is something.
To really entertain an audience is everything.
Steve_Mollett
View Profile
Inner circle
Eh, so I've made
3010 Posts

Profile of Steve_Mollett
To my knowledge, there has never been a description of the actual method Lester Lake used to regulate his 'gimmick' in the Boiled Alive stunt he performed in the 1930s.
Author of: GARROTE ESCAPES
The absurd is the essential concept and the first truth.
- Albert Camus
manks123
View Profile
New user
57 Posts

Profile of manks123
Quote:
On 2008-08-24 06:55, AlexMack24 wrote:
Was "Scarne Aces" ever revealed, or was that TV show just trying to create some hype?

Yes didn't Scarne take the secret of this to the grave? Can someone please shed some light on this?

Stefan
thehawk
View Profile
Inner circle
2275 Posts

Profile of thehawk
I am sure many of today's magicians have effects that we are dying to know. Pardon the pun.
Lynchini
View Profile
New user
Central Illinois
100 Posts

Profile of Lynchini
I would love to find more information on Karl Germaine. If anyone can elaborate on him a bit or possibly direct me to more information about this magician of the past, I would greatly appreciate it!
Regards, Lynchini
djurmann
View Profile
Inner circle
thinks time to practice and stop writing
1481 Posts

Profile of djurmann
Who are the other 2 who do ACAAN?
Denis Bastible
View Profile
Loyal user
Buffalo, New York
293 Posts

Profile of Denis Bastible
Farquhar's cups and balls.
RobAnderson
View Profile
New user
55 Posts

Profile of RobAnderson
Pretty sure DC has never officially released the info on any of his illusions, and likely won't do so. Many of them are commonly known though, but still...
kasper
View Profile
Loyal user
253 Posts

Profile of kasper
A lot of religious books and texts haven't disclosed their miracles and tricks. Funny thing is that they were written long long ago. These miracles sound astounding compared to the material that we see today.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » We double dare you! » » Is there magic that has never been disclosed and still remains a secret. (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL