The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ebooks, PDF's or Downloads » » Martini by R Paul Wilson (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Michael Paul
View Profile
Special user
535 Posts

Profile of Michael Paul
I just picked up martini by R Paul Wilson, and it's great. This is his take on the ACAAN, and it is just brilliant. The effect requires a memorized stack, and one extra card (just a joker). Very nice work, and very, very practical. Anyone who has read my material knows that I love simple, effective, powerful routines. This is deffinately one of them. The price is only five bucks... if you've memorized a stack, you should check this routine out. It can be found at his website, in the instant download page.
Caleb Wiles
View Profile
Inner circle
Indianapolis, IN
1132 Posts

Profile of Caleb Wiles
I wrote a review of this in my blog.

http://magicreviews.blogspot.com/2006/03......ini.html

Caleb
Check out my Main Event project (DVD or Download).

"Magicians, stop what you're doing right now and pick this up!" - John Guastaferro

"Caleb Wiles is the real deal!" - David Williamson

"...my very highest recommendation." - John Carey
Illusion77
View Profile
Veteran user
383 Posts

Profile of Illusion77
Can someone share what this effect looks like from the audiences perspective?
Andrew Loh
View Profile
Inner circle
Malaysia
1455 Posts

Profile of Andrew Loh
The spectator names any card. They name any number from one to fifty two. Guess where there card is? Paul’s amusing presentation brings this powerhouse effect within anyone’s reach. When the time is right, the spectator deals to the cards and finds their thought of card exactly where they wanted it! Absolutely no sleight of hand - just a devilishly simple approach. This is one of Paul’s favorite routines for any audience.

Check out my new card magic eBooks "The Magnificent Queens" & "Triple Charms" at:
www.cardicianden.com

My Cardician Den Blog:
http://pasteboards.blogspot.com/
Michael Paul
View Profile
Special user
535 Posts

Profile of Michael Paul
I really don't know if I'd call this "devilishly simple" but it is very effective.
Illusion77
View Profile
Veteran user
383 Posts

Profile of Illusion77
Thanks guys.

Without exposing the method - what does the audience see in this routine? Are the cards "Adjusted" much after the number and card are named? How clean does it look?
Kjellstrom
View Profile
Inner circle
Sweden, Scandinavia, Europe
5203 Posts

Profile of Kjellstrom
Yo can buy the ebook here, directly from the card expert himself:
http://www.rpaulwilson.com/circleofconfidence2.htm

I saw R. Paul Wilson at FISm in Stockholm and he did some amazing and incredible card magic and gambling stuff. He is a true master w. the pasteboards.
Wilson's FAN-2-C was also a true wonder effect, looks like eyecandy.

He also did a mystery that was beyond belief with the Predator Wallet.
gordo
View Profile
New user
82 Posts

Profile of gordo
Greetings!

A few hours ago I bought Paul's Martini from his site.

No email (download) as of yet.

Question?

Is this download automatic or does Paul or monitor of his website send out this manually?

Thanks in advance, gord
bugjack
View Profile
Inner circle
New York, New York
1624 Posts

Profile of bugjack
Can anyone -- without tipping methods -- say how different this version is from John Born's in "Meant to Be"?
StuartNolan
View Profile
Elite user
480 Posts

Profile of StuartNolan
I have to say that I love this effect. From a theatrical point of view what the audience sees is a magician failing, in a gently comical way, to get tricks right and then delivering with a redeeming and stunning ACAAN revelation.

This dramatic story is what makes the it so effective and interesting for the spectator who can sometimes be left cold by the usual presentation of ACAAN which goes something like this...

"Name a card.
Name a number.
Look there it is.
I'm clever."

Impossible but also somehow dramatically boring. The response is often a muted "oh, yes you are clever. bye."

This dramatic structure also helps with the mental calculation that you need to do. At the point in the routine where you have to calculate you are, from the spectators point of view, attempting to do something quite skillful and tricky. If you have an expression of concentration (hey, you can even stick your tongue out as many people do when they concentrate) that's ok because it fits the plot. No need to overact of course ;-)
"One should always be a little improbable." - Oscar Wilde
LLL
View Profile
Inner circle
1574 Posts

Profile of LLL
It's a nice take on acaan, but I prefer marc pauls effected by berglas. Fan 2 c is lovly though... as Kjellstrom says, proper eye candy and the cards can be handed out...
The basic tool for the manipulation of reality is the manipulation of words. If you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use the words.
StuartNolan
View Profile
Elite user
480 Posts

Profile of StuartNolan
Just another quick point about the calculation. I performed this on saturday night at a number of tables. It was very relaxed so one time, just to see if it would fly, at the moment of calculation, where you are supposedly attempting a feat of skill, I said "I'm gonna need to calculate the angles on this one." pulled out a pen and paper and did the calculation in front of them adding some squiggles, a trajectory line and some more numbers at the end. Because the next action is so obviously not-skillful it got a laugh.

I asked a friend who happened to be there to chat to this group a little later and find out how they remembered the effect (I do this whenever I can as you can lean what people really think). No one mentioned the calculations.

I'm not thinking that I'll keep this in as the calculations are easy to do mentally and the routine is a nice length as it is. I mearly mention it as an option if a brain block should occur.
StuartNolan
View Profile
Elite user
480 Posts

Profile of StuartNolan
Bugjack wrote, "Can anyone -- without tipping methods -- say how different this version is from John Born's in "Meant to Be"?"

Difficult to describe without tipping I'm afraid. Born's is more direct, involves more dexterity and requires a gaff.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ebooks, PDF's or Downloads » » Martini by R Paul Wilson (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL