The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Coin Throwing/Scaling (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

danielhunley
View Profile
Regular user
Middle of No Where KY
168 Posts

Profile of danielhunley
I searched for this on the search engine but could not find it so if there is a post about this please tell.

Friday Night I went downtown and saw a street magician on the corner. He had a lady sign "his" coin (probably steel cored) and made it disappear(ieefinetly with the raven). He showed his hands empty and then made it appear again. Then he took the coin and flicked it in such a way that it floated down into her hand. It looked like he was slapping and the coin spun really fast right into her outstretched hand for examination. I also remember my friend at church camp who kept flicking this kid in the head with Pennies 2 rows in front of us during the worship service. He wouldn't tell me how to do it.

I know this has no magical effect whatsoever, but I think it would be a nice flourish to add to my coin routine. Anybody have any insight as to how this might be done?

Thanx and merry Christmas Smile
Jack Of Hearts!
Alex W.
View Profile
Loyal user
211 Posts

Profile of Alex W.
I have a friend who can do something similar with a bottle cap. He does something to it that makes it spin so fast it almost hovers in mid-air. I've been trying to find out how he does it. If I do, I'll tell you Daniel.
Dan Watkins
View Profile
Inner circle
PA
3028 Posts

Profile of Dan Watkins
Quote:
On 2002-12-07 21:04, danielhunley wrote:
I also remember my friend at church camp who kept fliking this kid in the head with Pennies 2 rows in front of us during the worship service. He wouldnt tell me how to do it..

That's not nice to do in the middle of worship. Smile
Click to visit:
CSStanton
View Profile
Loyal user
Suttons Bay, MI
228 Posts

Profile of CSStanton
Kids do it all the time at school. You put the coin by it's edges at the tips of your snapping fingers - thumb and middle. Put it on the palm side. Then just snap. It really seems to hurt if you hit someone, they fly pretty hard and fast.
If this is not clear, PM me and I'll see if I can explaine it better.
danielhunley
View Profile
Regular user
Middle of No Where KY
168 Posts

Profile of danielhunley
It still doesnt make sense... Any one have a sight with pictures or more descriptions.
Jack Of Hearts!
Peter Marucci
View Profile
Inner circle
5389 Posts

Profile of Peter Marucci
There's a word for "coin scaling" like that.
I believe the word is "felony".
Smile
danielhunley
View Profile
Regular user
Middle of No Where KY
168 Posts

Profile of danielhunley
haha Peter. I only put that becouse I always am seeing stuff about card throwing and scaling Smile
Jack Of Hearts!
Leigh
View Profile
New user
Ex-Blighty, now Canada
78 Posts

Profile of Leigh
Unfortunately, people do this at football (soccer) matches in England, but it's not intended to impress people!!
danielhunley
View Profile
Regular user
Middle of No Where KY
168 Posts

Profile of danielhunley
Well... It was impressive when I saw it.. Any one have any thing Smile anyone?No? Ok...
Jack Of Hearts!
Chris S
View Profile
Veteran user
393 Posts

Profile of Chris S
You darn right! Those things can pick up some real pace and do major damage. My brother once devoted some time to the "coins as weapons" field and scaled every day with the technique described. I am ashamed to say that once he pinged a one cent piece through a can. I was (or rather my head) was previously the target for his fire, but fortunately although his pace was up, his accuracy was not the best. Once he pierced the can, however, he decided it may be best to leave it alone.

Pursue at your own risk.
May your moral compass guide you true - South West is where the honourable man fare. Pity those who lose their way...
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Coin Throwing/Scaling (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL