The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Polly wants a cracker... » » From the Hat? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Gideon Sylvan
View Profile
Special user
Deerfield, IL
541 Posts

Profile of Gideon Sylvan
I've done many, many searches on the Café for "Rabbit" and "Rabbit Productions," as well as "Rabbit Hat," but can't find what I am looking for. I would like to know where I can learn how to produce a rabbit from a top hat in an easy effective way. I have read that Eric Sharp's method only deals with a baby rabbit, so this would only work for a short amount of time. I have read a method from Eric Paul. So far nothing is hitting the nail. Also I keep hearing about a "Rabbit Bag." I have gone to many sites but can't find a good description of one, or a place to purchase one. Please let me know what you can about producing a rabbit from a hat.

Thanks,
Gideon
You know you are a magician when you have boxes full of lecture notes you have never read, but still are excited about going out and buying more.

www.gideonsylvan.com
Bob Sanders
View Profile
1945 - 2024
Magic Valley Ranch, Clanton, Alabama
20504 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
Gideon,

There is nothing fancy about a rabbit bag. Mine is essentially a bandana with a ring (about 3/4") sewn at each corner. Until I am ready to produce it, the works sit in a plastic bucket and the rings are clipped together with a harness snap. I've found that the rabbit is more comfortable this way and all are safer from accidents.

Enjoy your rabbit magic.

Bob Sanders
Magic By Sander
Bob Sanders

Magic By Sander / The Amazed Wiz

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
Gideon Sylvan
View Profile
Special user
Deerfield, IL
541 Posts

Profile of Gideon Sylvan
I'm still confused on what this bag is. How big is it, what do I do with it? and how do I use it to produce the rabbit.

Thanks,
Gideon
You know you are a magician when you have boxes full of lecture notes you have never read, but still are excited about going out and buying more.

www.gideonsylvan.com
Bryan Gilles
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern California
1732 Posts

Profile of Bryan Gilles
I believe you may find it in Mark Wilson's "Complete Course in Magic"
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
The "Rabbit from Hat" is an old tradition. That is why I produce mine differently.
Gideon, have you tried other methods?
Gideon Sylvan
View Profile
Special user
Deerfield, IL
541 Posts

Profile of Gideon Sylvan
I just got the rabbit, and am still deciding how to produce him. A box seems easier, but the hat seems more magical and less expensive.

www.gideonsylvan.com
Rob Pond
View Profile
Regular user
Scott, OH
156 Posts

Profile of Rob Pond
There is a complete section in one of the Tarbells. I think it is number 3. I will look it up and then get back to you. It also has many other ways to produce a rabbit(and vanish) in it.
Rob Pond

Posted: May 23, 2006 3:36pm

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The explaination is in Tarbell 3. The page number is 391. The diminsions may need to be changed to fit your rabbit. There are many other great methods you should check out also.
Rob Pond
Gideon Sylvan
View Profile
Special user
Deerfield, IL
541 Posts

Profile of Gideon Sylvan
What are the pros and cons of the hat vs. a box? I really want to try the Funhouse, but a hat is so much cheaper and perhaps more magical.

Thanks,
Gideon

www.gideonsylvan.com
Regan
View Profile
Inner circle
U.S.A.
5726 Posts

Profile of Regan
Gideon,

Eric Sharpe's method doesn't have to be a baby rabbit. If the bunny will fit inside the hat, it can be done. Of course, the smaller the bunny, the easier it would be to handle and conceal. Netherland Dwarf bunnies usually weigh about 2.5 pounds when they are fully grown. Other dwarf breeds are similar in size.

If you were to use a regular sized breed, then a baby might be necessary, but most of the dwarf breeds should remain small enough to use even when they are fully grown.

Regan
Mister Mystery
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Get the Alan Shaxon Tape or they may now be on DVD and he explains all in Volume 2 for a Rabbit from Hat production.

Check with http://www.llpub.com
Tony Iacoviello
View Profile
Eternal Order
13151 Posts

Profile of Tony Iacoviello
Duane Laflin also has a tape dedicated to rabbit magic.
A fantasic tape, he goes through many of the commerical productions as well as the do-it-yourself types, loads, steals, etc. You get to see what they look like and if it is practical for your performance style.

Tony
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Polly wants a cracker... » » From the Hat? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL