The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Right or Wrong? » » Teaching magic in magazines (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

aussiemagic
View Profile
Special user
937 Posts

Profile of aussiemagic
A magazine wants me to teach them some simple magic for their readers. Magic to impress girls. What are the boundaries for this type of thing?
What can and can't I teach? If I was to teach the paddle move or some form of coin vanish, would that be going to far?

Thanks

Simon
How to become a professional magician:
Click here
The Bonnie Kids
View Profile
Loyal user
Sweden (Västerås)
267 Posts

Profile of The Bonnie Kids
I would try to personalize some tricks that have *already* been published on magazines and that probably are recognized as "publishable" by the magic community. Not to copy but to avoid the bad rumors.
Another idea: buy one of those magic boxes in the toy shops and describe some of them (they always contain the sams stuff)

Andrea
entity
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
5060 Posts

Profile of entity
And you are doing this why?

- entity
The Bonnie Kids
View Profile
Loyal user
Sweden (Västerås)
267 Posts

Profile of The Bonnie Kids
For money...... I believe

// Andrea
entity
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
5060 Posts

Profile of entity
Can't you think of a more respectable way to earn a few dollars?

- entity
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27300 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
Quote:
On 2006-05-22 09:47, aussiemagic wrote:
A magazine wants me to teach them some simple magic for their readers. Magic to impress girls. What are the boundaries for this type of thing?
What can and can't I teach? If I was to teach the paddle move or some form of coin vanish, would that be going to far?

Thanks

Simon

Have you read Scot's Discoverie of Witchcraft? Lots of goodies and lots of history too. Plenty of interesting articles to write. Magic is a vast subject and it is difficult to offer folks stuff they can use till you know where they are and what they want to accomplish. Bar bets and puzzles seem a safe bet.
...to all the coins I've dropped here
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Right or Wrong? » » Teaching magic in magazines (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL