The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » What happened, was this... » » A lucky psychic moment (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

kinesis
View Profile
Inner circle
Scotland, surrounded by
2701 Posts

Profile of kinesis
As part of my mental act I perform a routine which involves (amongst a lot of other things) the revelation of a name sealed in an envelope. The envelope is gimmicked to allow me a p**k. However last night, for some strange reason the spectator got the wrong envelope which wasn't gimmicked. She placed the card containg the name of her child in the envelope and sealed it. I was unaware of this until it came time for the reveal. I picked up the envelope and immediatly realised it was ungimmicked, well sealed and totally opaque. I'm surrounded by tables on 3 sides and she's sitting right next to me, a peek was (for me) out of the question. All I knew was it contained the name of her child. So time to think on my feet and make a few lucky (you'll see) guesses...I've got this on video as proof..

Me: Is this the name of your son?
Spec: Yes!
(Strike 1)

Me: Is it quite a short name?
Spec: Yes!
(OMG Strike 2)

Me: I am getting the impression that it's Don or Den is that correct?
(at this point I'm close to soilling my underwear)
Spec: Yes! It's Ben!
(NFW - that's close enough for me!!!)

Audience applause!!!!
Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one - Albert Einstein

FACEBOOK
magickdabid--uk
View Profile
Loyal user
245 Posts

Profile of magickdabid--uk
Interesting story.....

But how do you know they were guesses?, I mean they could be lucky guesses from one perspective, but how do you know for sure that something else wasn't going on?, maybe you need to repeat the effect then decide for yourself......?

Dave
kinesis
View Profile
Inner circle
Scotland, surrounded by
2701 Posts

Profile of kinesis
I don't think I EVER want to screw up like that again. The effect is based on 'Bloodline Devine' from Kennedy's book 'Thoughts So Far' It's a fantastic routine, as are many in his book, I want to give it the quality presentation it deserves. I believe I was VERY lucky and maybe there was just a little bit of intuition from years of doing magic, but who knows LOL

FACEBOOK
magickdabid--uk
View Profile
Loyal user
245 Posts

Profile of magickdabid--uk
Like all good things, you'll never know for sure unless you repeat the effect......and get the same results

Much better than debateing real vs fake don't you think?.

Dave
kinesis
View Profile
Inner circle
Scotland, surrounded by
2701 Posts

Profile of kinesis
The accident could be repeated but the state of mind could not therefor I believe (there's the mindset already) I would fail. I was under great pressure at the time. I think a deliberate attempt to recreate that feeling would be futile.

FACEBOOK
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » What happened, was this... » » A lucky psychic moment (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL