The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Flipper coins routine (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4 [Next]
magicforu
View Profile
New user
93 Posts

Profile of magicforu
Beside Troy's DVDs, any other video I can find routine for flipper coin ? Thanks
Rik Chew
View Profile
Special user
538 Posts

Profile of Rik Chew
I think Dan Watkins (I'm sure he'll post soon!) has some great stuff with a flipper.
billmonroe
View Profile
Regular user
Annapolis, MD
181 Posts

Profile of billmonroe
Yes on Dan's DVD he has a routine that I think is AWESOME with "said" coin. Cheers,
Bill
Eric Jones
View Profile
V.I.P.
Director of Product Development
2101 Posts

Profile of Eric Jones
Here's another Vote for Dan's DVD
“We're two tigers away from an act in Vegas.” Greg House M.D.
<BR>
<BR>http://www.ericjonesmagic.com
Nathan Kranzo
View Profile
V.I.P.
2835 Posts

Profile of Nathan Kranzo
David Harkey put an effect out on the market a few years back that included a Flipper coin. Can't remember the name. Anyone remember?

Thanks,

Kranzo
check out MINDZILLA VOL. 2!!! Brand New Effects. Instant Downloads. Watch Demo Videos. Click below!!!

KranzoMagic.com
Eric Jones
View Profile
V.I.P.
Director of Product Development
2101 Posts

Profile of Eric Jones
And of course don't forget about Robert Swadling's Double Deception
“We're two tigers away from an act in Vegas.” Greg House M.D.
<BR>
<BR>http://www.ericjonesmagic.com
tbaer
View Profile
Inner circle
Pennsylvania
1907 Posts

Profile of tbaer
I agree Dan has a nice flipper routine, however, it's based on the Schoolcraft flipper. The routine won't work wih the regular flipper. Unless your referring to a different video than coinman walking.
David Neighbors
View Profile
V.I.P.
4753 Posts

Profile of David Neighbors
Hi Gang,
I will have some stuff Comeing out With A Filper Some time In the next year or Two! Not sure if it will be on DVD or not! Ok Latter Man!

Best David neighbors
The Coinjurer
David Neighbors

The Coinjurer

www.coinjurer.com
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18559 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
I do She Fly (with a Porper chip flipper). Effect: Place a chip or coin on back of a spectator's hand (lady is best). Ask her to toss it into the air, turn hand over and catch it.

Good, now lets see if you can do it with two. (Set flipper and fp fair chip).

Place flipper on her hand. She tosses the two (?) chips/coins up and catches ONE.

One had vanished and you bring it out from behind her ear. Or wherever suits you.
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
jolyonjenkins
View Profile
Inner circle
United Kingdom
1156 Posts

Profile of jolyonjenkins
Werner G Seitz (RIP) had a wonderful stand up coins through the table. He posted a link to a video somewhere on this site. If I recall correctly the flipper was used under the table and then he did a sort of shuttle pass with it above the table.

It also had a backfire which I think comes from Mike Gallo. I've seen or read seen instructions for the backfire somewhere but can't remember where.
Jolyon Jenkins
h_A_Z
View Profile
Special user
Ireland/Msia
701 Posts

Profile of h_A_Z
Quote:
On 2006-05-23 21:55, Pete Biro wrote:
I do She Fly (with a Porper chip flipper). Effect: Place a chip or coin on back of a spectator's hand (lady is best). Ask her to toss it into the air, turn hand over and catch it.

Place flipper on her hand. She tosses the two (?) chips/coins up and catches ONE.

One had vanished and you bring it out from behind her ear. Or wherever suits you.

Nice idea Pete!
BooRadley
View Profile
Regular user
Houston Area
176 Posts

Profile of BooRadley
Quote:
On 2006-05-23 21:55, Pete Biro wrote:

I'm especially interested in this as I'm am looking to get my first flipper. I was under the impression that for most flipper coins--other than the new and relatively expensive gravity flippers--that you couldn't just lay them out on a hand or flat surface as two coins and have them lay there. My understanding the gaff will immediately closeup on itself because of the elastic tension. Frankly, I'd much prefer the coin to stay open sitting on the table, but I didn't think that would work with a normal flipper coin. I'm assuming it would work with a gravity flipper--although if the tension is too low, perhaps it might not close all the way when flipping it in the air. Sure wish there was a magic store close by with everything in stock to look at and hold!

Am I missing something in terms of the physics of flippers?

BooRadley
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18559 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
I don't know that much about the varous flippers, but you can email Jamie Schoolcraft or Dean Dill and they will give you a straight answer.

Why I do SHE FLY with poker chips is that if the flipper is dropped it will not become bent or damaged... but with a coin it CAN GET DAMAGED if dropped.
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
David Neighbors
View Profile
V.I.P.
4753 Posts

Profile of David Neighbors
Hi Boo,
Yea A Gravity will Lay Flat On the Table! ( Tod's will Anyway! I don't know about Any of the outher one! Smile )Ok latter man!

Best David Neighbors
The Coinjurer
David Neighbors

The Coinjurer

www.coinjurer.com
Dan Watkins
View Profile
Inner circle
PA
3025 Posts

Profile of Dan Watkins
Quote:
On 2006-05-24 13:51, BooRadley wrote:
I'm especially interested in this as I'm am looking to get my first flipper. I was under the impression that for most flipper coins--other than the new and relatively expensive gravity flippers--that you couldn't just lay them out on a hand or flat surface as two coins and have them lay there. My understanding the gaff will immediately closeup on itself because of the elastic tension. Frankly, I'd much prefer the coin to stay open sitting on the table, but I didn't think that would work with a normal flipper coin. I'm assuming it would work with a gravity flipper--although if the tension is too low, perhaps it might not close all the way when flipping it in the air. Sure wish there was a magic store close by with everything in stock to look at and hold!

Am I missing something in terms of the physics of flippers?

BooRadley

BooRadley,

The gravity style flippers have 3 characteristics not typical with the standard flippers:

1. They open via gravity. Simply pick the coin up by its edges and the insert will fall out (much like un-shelling a coin).
2. Once open it will remain open under its own weight laying flat on a hand or table. (This however can be adjusted by using different weight rubber bands or multiple bands to increase tension to make it "act" like a standard "springy" flipper.)
3. It has no visible rubber band groove in the edge of the insert.

Even though the gravity type flippers can remain open under their own weight, they will flip shut and remained shut if tossed into the air or from hand to hand.

In fact I use this characteristic in one of my routines on my Coin Man Walking DVD referenced above (thanks for the plug guys.)

If you watch he demo clip for the DVD by clicking HERE. In the middle of the video where the narrator says "Coin Man Walking is a training DVD that stresses the training" you can see how fast the coin will shut as I toss it into her hand.

As you can also see on the demo clip, the DVD also includes a full discussion of the Schoolcraft flipper coin with Jamie. All the attributes I describe above are featured, and demonstrated. The only feature that has since been added that I did not cover on the DVD is that all of the Schoolcraft flippers are made with steel cores now so they will adhere to magnets for ditching/holding, etc.
Click to visit:
BooRadley
View Profile
Regular user
Houston Area
176 Posts

Profile of BooRadley
Dan--very good and helpful information. It's nice to be able to get the inside scoop on such detailed questions from independent experts. Much appreciated. I'm in your debt.

BooRadley
Nathan Kranzo
View Profile
V.I.P.
2835 Posts

Profile of Nathan Kranzo
The backfire through the table is Mike Galllo's. Great idea!

Ron Jaxon has a great coins through table using a Flipper as well.

All the best,

Kranzo
check out MINDZILLA VOL. 2!!! Brand New Effects. Instant Downloads. Watch Demo Videos. Click below!!!

KranzoMagic.com
jolyonjenkins
View Profile
Inner circle
United Kingdom
1156 Posts

Profile of jolyonjenkins
I've remembered where I saw the Mike Gallo backfire taught - it's by Mark DeSouza on the Coinvention DVDs
Jolyon Jenkins
Jaxon
View Profile
Inner circle
Kalamazoo, Mi.
2537 Posts

Profile of Jaxon
My routine with the Flipper (I learned the basics of it from Anthony Gerard) is in Mike Powers new book Power Plays.

Ron Jaxon

After regaining my ability to hear after 20 years of deafness. I learned that there is magic all around you. The simplest sounds that amazed me you probably ignore. Look and listen around you right now. You'll find something you didn't notice before.
patrick flanagan
View Profile
Inner circle
lisle, illinois
1045 Posts

Profile of patrick flanagan
Ron Jaxon gave me my first experience with a flipper around 1991-92 at the first Abbott's convention I had attended. I didn't know anyone at the convention, so I mostly stood around and observed. I happened to get too close to the action at the VFW and became a volunteer. He did a coins across routine in my hands and completely knocked me out. I had not heard of a flipper coin at the time. That moment was a special feeling for me to have been able to experience "real" magic. And that memory is still vivid in my mind. I could walk past Ron now, and he would have no idea who I was or how powerful that moment was to me. That moment has always motivated me to try and leave that same impression on people who watch me perform. I strive to create that type of memorable experience with the spectators I encounter. Thanks, Ron for that moment and the inspiration.
Patrick
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Flipper coins routine (1 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.17 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL