The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Boycott "Cars" (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
GlenD
View Profile
Inner circle
LosAngeles, Ca
1293 Posts

Profile of GlenD
New movie coming out soon. I am sure you've been seeing the cute little ads for it, the movie "Cars". This is the heigth of irony! They must think we're so stupid and gullible that we never put two and two together! I am here to sound the alarm.

I am also sooo confused, let me explain. Cars are our mortal enemy! Cars, as I understand it, are the reason we're all going to be dead in 10 years as well as just about everything else inhabiting the earth!

So why in the world would we allow ourselves to go and be entertained by these cute little animated machines, if they are the reason everything is gonna die!

Don't support those that would trade our very existence for a profit by playing on our desire for cutesy cartoons!!! Car toons ?!?! there's the subliminal message, it's been there all along! I need to check my lines for security and any tapping, but be warned, don't see Cars!!! Don't do it!!!
"A miracle is something that seems impossible but happens anyway" - Griffin

"Any future where you succeed, is one where you tell the truth." - Griffin (Griffin rocks!)
Dorian Rhodell
View Profile
Inner circle
San Francisco, CA.
1633 Posts

Profile of Dorian Rhodell
I don't get it...what does this have to do with table crackers?
GlenD
View Profile
Inner circle
LosAngeles, Ca
1293 Posts

Profile of GlenD
Exactly!

Table crackers... what the ???????

Regardless, don't see "Cars"! You'll be funding the enemy.

"Any future where you succeed, is one where you tell the truth." - Griffin (Griffin rocks!)
Mercury52
View Profile
Inner circle
Kevin Reylek
2240 Posts

Profile of Mercury52
Too late, already going to the premiere! I'll be sure to pass your concern along to John Lasseter if I see him though... ;-)
Kevin Reylek
Skip Way
View Profile
Inner circle
3771 Posts

Profile of Skip Way
When cars are outlawed, only outlaws will have cars?

Oh, please....!! Why not boycott "Over the Hedge" for identifying humans as "the enemy?" Why not boycott "RV" for promoting the wanton destruction of pristine national parks? Why not boycott "X-Men" for exploiting the genetically challenged? Why not...oh, please, let this first post be tongue-in-cheek rabble rousing!!
How you leave others feeling after an Experience with you becomes your Trademark.

Magic Youth Raleigh - RaleighMagicClub.org
GlenD
View Profile
Inner circle
LosAngeles, Ca
1293 Posts

Profile of GlenD
What ? You really think I was serious in the original post?
The only thing I am serious about is pointing out the irony of what Hollywood is putting out regarding Cars the movie followed up by "An Inconvenient Truth" (the global warming, scare everyone movie). Just wait a couple of weeks when this global warming movie comes out. Then you'll get it, I think. At least they got the order right, I don't think "Cars" would do so well if it came out after Inconvenient Truth LOL... But now I've spoiled it and might end up getting deleted over political content... bummer

Shane Wiker
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas
1199 Posts

Profile of Shane Wiker
Am I the only one here who's confused?

Shane Wiker
Skip Way
View Profile
Inner circle
3771 Posts

Profile of Skip Way
***...and here I was already to burn my Yugo!!!
How you leave others feeling after an Experience with you becomes your Trademark.

Scott Cram
View Profile
Inner circle
2678 Posts

Profile of Scott Cram
Careful, Glen! You had me scared. Speaking as a Disney (formerly Pixar) shareholder, you really had me worried!
Greg Arce
View Profile
Inner circle
6732 Posts

Profile of Greg Arce
Wait, I'm suppose to not see Rick Ocasek and his band!? Smile

Greg
One of my favorite quotes: "A critic is a legless man who teaches running."
Skip Way
View Profile
Inner circle
3771 Posts

Profile of Skip Way
Global Warming...another alarmist, media-hyped, Chicken Little hiccup in history. Whachagonnado?

Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27300 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0497116/

I can still recall visiting the Museum of Natural History in the mid 1970s and seeing the "Can Man Survive?" exhibit. It had a discussion of climate shifts.

Not sure which is more effective at dumbing down an audience, cartoons or live action.
...to all the coins I've dropped here
GlenD
View Profile
Inner circle
LosAngeles, Ca
1293 Posts

Profile of GlenD
Hey Skip, go ahead and burn that thing. What good is it anyways?
Well, I guess it might be a great head turner at future car shows, say in 20 years from now!

Tough call, let me know what you decide.

I agree with you on the global warming issue. I just hope not many take this upcoming movie as seriously as those who participated in making it. I don't really want to even think about what these guys may have cooked up for all of us so they can save the planet.

Another thing that bugs me is when you disagree on issues like this, you inevitably get dubbed as being unscientific (as if the only logical and scientific viewpoint is to agree) and are then easily dismissed without any further debate.

GlenD

P.S. - By now, I should think a study would be in order concerning global dunging, if we all had reamined on horseback.

Skip Way
View Profile
Inner circle
3771 Posts

Profile of Skip Way
Now, hang on there a sec, Glen. If I burn the Yugo wouldn't I be adding to the global warming scenario by increasing the polutants in the air? And if I bury it, won't I be harming the potable water tables? And if I dump it in the woods would anyone hear it? I think we need to examine all possible actions here in order to protect mankind's dominion.

As for the scientific angle...heck, Man has survived the black plague, the atomic bomb, the Mongol hoard and Jimmy Carter. It's amazing how much we have in common with the roach and similar parasites...isn't it?

Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
What is he talking about?
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
bitterman
View Profile
Inner circle
1189 Posts

Profile of bitterman
Quote:
On 2006-05-23 21:48, Greg Arce wrote:
Wait, I'm suppose to not see Rick Ocasek and his band!? Smile

Greg

You might, however, want to boycott the New Cars with Tod Rungrend (who is great on his own) in the Ocasek role. A little like CCR with John Fogerty if you ask me. Wait, no one asked me.
If you are not cheating, you are only cheating yourself.

Dutchco is about to put out some new Ebook: DUTCHCO. Get 'em while you can.
calamari
View Profile
Elite user
The San Francisco Bay Area
429 Posts

Profile of calamari
The Human plague; aliens traveling from a far distant planet (as if there are any other kinds of planets) stopped by a picturesque planet for a photo op. before leaving they rid their craft of all parasites, for they had a long journey ahead of them and had grown tired of said parasites. On their return trip passing by that same planet (some million or so years later) they discovered that those pesky parasites had somehow managed their way to the top of the food chain and just about ruined that cute little planet.

the end
"I came, I saw, SHE conquered." (The original Latin seems to have been garbled.)
Payne
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle
4571 Posts

Profile of Payne
An interesting quote concerning global warming

"We are looking at innovative ways to reduce our greenhouse gas emissions. This used to be controversial, but the science is in and it is overwhelming. Climate change doesn't cause hurricanes, but hot ocean water makes them more powerful. Climate change doesn't cause rainfall, but it can increase the frequency and severity of heavy flooding. Climate change doesn't cause droughts, but it makes droughts longer. We believe every company has a responsibility to reduce greenhouse gases as quickly as it can."

More propaganda from the loony liberal left?
No, part of a speech on engaging in more environmentally friendly business practices given by Lee Scott, President of Wal-Mart
"America's Foremost Satirical Magician" -- Jeff McBride.
GlenD
View Profile
Inner circle
LosAngeles, Ca
1293 Posts

Profile of GlenD
That makes it credible, knowing it comes from Wal-Mart President.

Payne
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle
4571 Posts

Profile of Payne
No, it makes it in their own best interest to reduce their energy consumption and thus the worlds CO2 levels. More fuel efficient trucks mean less cost to transport goods. Self sufficient buildings means reduced cost of operation. Our government should be encouraging private industry through tax breaks and other incentive programs to be more energy conscious instead of simply burying their heads in the sand. Even if humans aren't responsible for the rise in global warming reducing the overall pollution levels of cars and industry and striving to use renewable forms of energy is still a good idea.
But then I work for a hundred percent green electrical generation company (hydro and wind) so it's in my own best interest to push green power.
"America's Foremost Satirical Magician" -- Jeff McBride.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Boycott "Cars" (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL