The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Review: Child's Play II Stealth Edition (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
Roth
View Profile
Inner circle
The 18
5090 Posts

Profile of Roth
Quote:
On 2007-04-03 15:41, Garrad wrote:
Will you be able to tell if it's a heads or a tails or will you need to use the original method for this?

I don't believe the CP units can tell heads or tails but... once you know which hand, a little equivoque will do the job. Smile

That will be discussed on the private forum.
2015 ECSS Alumnus

PANDORA

Deadwood
lunatik
View Profile
Inner circle
3225 Posts

Profile of lunatik
Will the cp2 pick up a m*g**t*c quarter?
"Don't let your Dreams become Fantasies"
TomKMagic
View Profile
Special user
I tripped over
620 Posts

Profile of TomKMagic
Lunatik,

With all of the m*g**t*c quarters and half dollars that I have tried, CPII will only pick them up at about 1 to 1.5 inches. To use it sucessfully, it would be best at 3 or more inches. The Relic should work well with CP1 and CPII. Rick has tested with just the bare m*g**t and said Child's Play II will detect from about 6-7 inches, so I would count on 4-5 inches as a pretty sure thing. We won't know until April 20th for sure, that's when The Relic will be available.

Tom
You must be smarter than the tools you are using...

Tom Kracker
My website
maps
View Profile
Inner circle
1124 Posts

Profile of maps
My new stealth edition child's play 2 came and I was estatic.However when I tested it,there's no vibration..nothing at all! However,the lights and digits on the watch went blank when the listerine box is near.
Where did I go wrong or is this a faulty unit?
Can someone help me please.
Thanks
Maps
the heart is where the magic begins
Visit my website
[www.mascotsandpuppets.com]
mrmagic0
View Profile
Inner circle
Ron Frank
1608 Posts

Profile of mrmagic0
Maps:

This is the first I was aware of your problem. Can you give me a date you purchased this item? I noticed you are from Singapore. It is very possible that customs or others may have unpacked the effect and when repackaging it placed the watch near the magnet. If for some reason the magnet came close to the watch in shipment (and I try to make sure this does not happen) the battery would have been drained enough to not let the watch vibrate but the watch will still function. I am confident a battery replacement will do the trick. If you are afraid to install the battery take it to a jeweler and have him replace the battery. If the unit still does not work return it and we will take care of it. If a battery is not the case we stand behind our products and will retify the problem.

Ron
maps
View Profile
Inner circle
1124 Posts

Profile of maps
Thanks Ron for your sage advice.I love your professionalism to stand by your product! I'll change the battery and report back.I do notice that it was shipped with the magnet near the watch.
Btw,I got it from the dealer last week.
Appreciate it and thanks again!
Maps
Visit my website
maps
View Profile
Inner circle
1124 Posts

Profile of maps
Hi Folks,
The Child's Play is indeed a wonderful product!! Under Ron's expert advice,I had the battery changed and now it works like a charm!! It came with the listerine pak near the watch so the battery was drained,just like Ron said!
It's a wonderful product and if you have the Scorpion,wow!!! They worked together so well.
Maps
Visit my website
Piers
View Profile
Inner circle
A Limited Edition of
1394 Posts

Profile of Piers
I am still in awe of this product.

It's so common place, no-one would notice it.

Great.

Piers.
Smile

www.justgiving.com/piers-cancer-fund

www.justgiving.com/Piers-Cancer-Fund-2

www.justgiving.com/Piers-Cancer-Fund-3

Finished my 4 months of Chemotherapy in 2009. 3 monthly checks since... and into 2021!

As seen on the QE2 and QM2.

Author of Salem's Cornucopia - SUC Book
mrmagic0
View Profile
Inner circle
Ron Frank
1608 Posts

Profile of mrmagic0
Thank you Maps and Piers. Both Tom and I want our magic friends to be happy with any of our products and we are glad all of you like them so well. Yes, scorpion really rocks with this effect and if you have not read it yet check out the Outlaw web site and my comedy version of a routine using the scorpion in the outlaw forum.

Ron
TomKMagic
View Profile
Special user
I tripped over
620 Posts

Profile of TomKMagic
Quote:
On 2007-04-05 08:28, mrmagic0 wrote:
Thank you Maps and Piers. Both Tom and I want our magic friends to be happy with any of our products and we are glad all of you like them so well. Yes, scorpion really rocks with this effect and if you have not read it yet check out the Outlaw web site and my comedy version of a routine using the scorpion in the outlaw forum.

Ron

That is definitely true. We want our customers to be happy with our products, and we enjoy helping with any questions that may arise. Of course, we also enjoy hearing of any performance/routine ideas.

I will soon be testing Child's Play 1 and II with http://www.outlaw-effects.com/outlaw/art......mp;pg=95 The Relic

It is exciting to know that there are so many possibilities and options for performing with Child's Play 1 and II. Keep the ideas coming!

Tom Kracker
My website
Waters
View Profile
Inner circle
2508 Posts

Profile of Waters
I know I am reviving an old thread, but trust me it is worth it.

Let me preface what I am about to say with this:
I am a firm believer in "reciprocity" (see the book "Influence, the Psychology of Persuasion"). Although this principle suggests that we feel a deep sense of indebtedness when someone does us a favor and we feel obligated to return in kind. I paid full price for this item and did not know Ron or Tom (the creators of CP/CPII), I just can't tell you how pleased I am with this purchase.

I like to feel good about the things I buy, but do not always! I am glad to call a "duck" a "duck" (to the dismay of some creators). It is a regular occurance to buy an expensive product only to find that is doesn't do exactly what the ad stated, or it is less manageable than is implied. NOT SO WITH CPII-Dress edition.

The Watch:
This watch is beautiful (the watch, before it is gimmicked is quite costly and looks it). I understand the creators choice of this watch (which comes in black and brown bands), but I am still impressed that they chose to use a quality product to start with. Details are very important to me! This is an excellent one. You will be quite pleased wearting this beautiful and innocuous wristwatch!

The Function:
PERFECT! I really can't believe just how well this works. It really does the job at least as well as claimed (if not better). I have even used some "non-suggested" items that worked perfectly. The items that come with this great set have excellent function.
http://www.mrmagic-columbus.com/store_page_one.htm

The Extras:
My friend at Outlaw (I don't really know Rick except through email correspondence and his excellent service) has oustanding products that work so well with this, it almost seems like cheating. Scorpion works perfectly with the CPII watch. I sure that his forthcoming product Relic will work as well (mine's in the mail while I post). These really improve upon the potential demonstrations and options that can be used with the CPII. Now is the time to have one.
http://www.outlaw-effects.com/

Back to my reciprocity statement: I feel indebted to these guys because their service was excellent (Ron even emailed my while on vacation, something I didn't expect) and the product exceeded my expectations. This does not often happen. I realize that the magic community seems big and we want to keep great things to ourselves, but really quite the opposite is true. We are a small portion of the population at large and many items are expensive so few of us will risk buying without a real review. So I am trying to help my new friends Ron and Tom by telling you just how good this really is. The rest is up to you.

Sincerely,
Sean
mrmagic0
View Profile
Inner circle
Ron Frank
1608 Posts

Profile of mrmagic0
Thank you Sean for the review. We are flattered that you like our CPII dress model. We try very hard to give the magic community a quality product. Look for more to come from us in the future.

Ron
TomKMagic
View Profile
Special user
I tripped over
620 Posts

Profile of TomKMagic
I received my Relic a couple of weeks ago, and wow, this effect works really well with Child's Play 1 and II. The Relic is beautiful.

I plan to use this at Abbott's next week. I am sure many magicians will like the combination of Child's Play II and Relic.

I will post a review of Relic later, although it is an amazing piece, and the power it has is better than the gimmicked Listerine pack that we include in the CP1 and II routines.

Tom Kracker
My website
rowdymagi5
View Profile
Inner circle
Virginia
3624 Posts

Profile of rowdymagi5
I have been playing with Childs Play 1 with the "Scorpion". I actually velcro a loop that the Childs Play 1 slides into under my table. I have the spectator put the Scorpion under whichever cup thay choose. I then tell them to look into my eyes and concentrate on the Scorpion, all the while I am reaching under and removing the C.P.1.

As I am doing this I tell them a little more about the history of the Scorpion, and of course the C.P.1 very easily reads through the table, and even the close up pad as well. I then play it for all its worth as I reveal where the Scorpion is located.
rowdymagi5
View Profile
Inner circle
Virginia
3624 Posts

Profile of rowdymagi5
I have been playing with Childs Play 1 with the "Scorpion". I actually velcro a loop that the Childs Play 1 slides into under my table. I have the spectator put the Scorpion under whichever cup thay choose. I then tell them to look into my eyes and concentrate on the Scorpion, all the while I am reaching under and removing the C.P.1.

As I am doing this I tell them a little more about the history of the Scorpion, and of course the C.P.1 very easily reads through the table, and even the close up pad as well. I then play it for all its worth as I reveal where the Scorpion is located.
mrmagic0
View Profile
Inner circle
Ron Frank
1608 Posts

Profile of mrmagic0
Nice thinking Rowdy
e-man
View Profile
Special user
HILTON HEAD,SC
880 Posts

Profile of e-man
I had no idea CP1 would read through a table and the c/u pad...
Very cool!
Very strong
我被烹调
ERIC HELVENSTON
rowdymagi5
View Profile
Inner circle
Virginia
3624 Posts

Profile of rowdymagi5
The table I am using is made of plastic, typical Wal-Mart card table style, although thicker and sturdier than most card tables. I have a "curtain" around three sides, so nobody could see under the table and it also looks nice. A quick wave under the table and I instantly know where the Scorpion is. I don't need a ring, and I can show my hands empty at all times. I use time misdirection after getting the reading to further enhance the effect. I never put my hands near the cups, and the spectators will recall my hands always being above the table in a very fair and convincing manner. I have become good enough that I can actually get a reading as I am seemingly scooting my chair up to the table. (I use one hand on the chair and one under the table.
joanmonse
View Profile
New user
88 Posts

Profile of joanmonse
Hi all,
Can anybody compare the Child's Play II Stealth Edition and the new Mozique's product Cobra Sharpie, please?
Thanks in advance.
Joan
lunatik
View Profile
Inner circle
3225 Posts

Profile of lunatik
Nice thing about childs play 2 is that your hands are completely empty
"Don't let your Dreams become Fantasies"
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Review: Child's Play II Stealth Edition (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL