The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Shuffled not Stirred » » The rite of initiation (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

snowboard
View Profile
New user
China Shenzhen
86 Posts

Profile of snowboard
How many people actually do this routine for a show?
It's from Mnemonica with Tamariz's stack. Breaking a seal on new deck...tricks after tricks...for climax the deck back to NDO.

What tricks do you use among the process of NDO to stay-stack to Tamariz's stack then back to NDO?

Are you exactly follow the routine in the book?

What do you do during the boring faro shuffling?(I can't faro quickly.)

Finally,What's the reaction of the audience?

Snowboard
ROBERT BLAKE
View Profile
Inner circle
1472 Posts

Profile of ROBERT BLAKE
Snowboard, take the routine as a start. see it as a journey and your a guiding the audience on a beautiful journey through magic land where you show all the good things.

I would suggest that you start with just few effects and later progress.
faro shuffling: darwin ortiz says in his book STRONG MAGIC "if you can't make it shorter - or interessing make it important".
nornb
View Profile
Regular user
119 Posts

Profile of nornb
Snowboard,
I also like this routine (Page 169 – English Version).
Does anyone have any information about Luis Garcia Soutillo?

I worked on this type of routine for a club night, I had to get a routine to 7 or 8 minutes. I ended up with the following but my Faro is not bombproof, so it is still ‘a work in progress’.

Effect:
1) The magician has a card chosen and returned to deck, he then has another spectator find the card by looking through the deck.
The magician reveals how trick is done and shows deck is in order. (i.e. the chosen card is the only card out of sequence)

2) He discusses shuffling as he mixes the deck. [Get to Mneumonica using Page 14 method] and then shows a mixed deck.

3) He lays out three lines of cards and matches cards in the two outside lines using numbers freely selected by the spectators. [Strange Coincidence - Page 69]

4) He reassembles the deck and gets a spectator to peek a card, (Magician peeks next card in sequence) and reassembles deck, he then deals out the pack into three face up piles [Page 19] on the table. The spectator watches for his card. The magician collects the cards and shuffles [to staystack] as he tries to ascertain the card and then calls out chosen card.

5) The magician deals out 16 piles and then assembles them as he continues to talk about shuffling and randomising.
He has another card selected and returned, some cards are shuffled face up into the deck. These cards are mysteriously righted and the selected card is face up in a face down deck. [Triumph using a fleeting display of the face up cards.]

6) The deck is shown to be in order.

Any thought?
All the best,
Norn
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Shuffled not Stirred » » The rite of initiation (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL