The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » SAW by Sean Fields (10 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7
Mental_Mike
View Profile
Special user
Canada
726 Posts

Profile of Mental_Mike
I missed it... I hope nobody thinks I'm a Criss Angel wanna-be after someone sees me doing this..lol
papus
View Profile
New user
Toronto,Canada
16 Posts

Profile of papus
Hey

I have just performed SAW today for hundred's of people at my work (My boss wanted me to de some magic for today) and the reactions were incredible one of the best effect I have ever done I got many paid gigs as a result.

I highly recommend, if its you thing.

In Magick

Papus
fridoliina89
View Profile
Special user
503 Posts

Profile of fridoliina89
Its an amazing effect, if the audience is right.
Sean Fields
View Profile
V.I.P.
Winnipeg
894 Posts

Profile of Sean Fields
That is the case with most magic; especially that with a bizarre/geek/gore bent to it.

Choose carefully!

Sean
Dan Bernier
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
2298 Posts

Profile of Dan Bernier
I'm not one to recommend using blood for the effect, but if you are looking for a way, may I suggest you use powdered blood, and wet the string you are using.

This trick is great enough without blood, but I played with this idea and it actually looks like I cut right into my neck. The more pressure I put on the string, the more water comes out creating the illusion that my neck is really bleeding.
"If you're going to walk in the rain, don't complain about getting wet!"
Sean Fields
View Profile
V.I.P.
Winnipeg
894 Posts

Profile of Sean Fields
Good idea Dan!
Dan Bernier
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
2298 Posts

Profile of Dan Bernier
Thanks Sean! I believe the effect is much better without the use of blood. It's a very clever method that packs a strong punch. Using powdered blood just seems to be the logical solution for those who like using blood for this effect to give it the gore factor.

Salute!
"If you're going to walk in the rain, don't complain about getting wet!"
Magi51
View Profile
New user
57 Posts

Profile of Magi51
I bought SAW after seeing this review. And he was absolutely right.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pdywmd7k6mQ&feature=related
maurile
View Profile
Regular user
San Diego
102 Posts

Profile of maurile
For a very practical idea concerning how to do the setup, see Andrew Mayne's presentation of Paperclip Thru Arm on his Shock FX DVD. It works great for SAW as well.
Exitmat
View Profile
Special user
641 Posts

Profile of Exitmat
Quote:
You can also 'swallow' a finger ring, perform SAW and pull the thread out of your neck with the ring attached.

Steps to freak your friends out.

swallow ring...
slice into your neck with the thread...
show thread in your neck...
pull ring out of your neck...
*NOTE* Remember, this is MAGIC! Do not attempt to saw through your neck with thread. It will hurt.

http://www.ellusionist.com/saw-dvd-by-sean-fields.html

Ellusionist advertises the effect using a finger ring, even though it's not taught on the DVD. (No doubt because the description of using a borrowed finger ring sounds awesome, even though it's not taught on the DVD but only briefly mentioned). I know Sean Fields performs it using a finger ring sometimes, but I haven't ever seen or heard of anyone else doing this.

Anyone ever come up with a good method for doing this with a borrowed finger ring (aside from Criss Angel's method of using a stooge)?

The only method I've played around with is doing a false transfer to "swallow" the ring, then using the dirty hand to pick up a bottle of water (ala a magic wand) to "wash the ring down." Then loading the ring onto a thin necklace I am wearing as I take it off and perform Saw, and ending by pulling the ring through my neck.

I've played around with it, but haven't tried it for real laymen yet. Seems to me the swallowing the ring part needs an extra convincer.

Anyone else come up with a good method for doing the effect as Ellusionist inaccurately advertises the effect is performed and/or taught on the DVD using a finger ring?
fnydm4
View Profile
New user
Detroit
7 Posts

Profile of fnydm4
Thinking out loud but can ran pinks's cut be incorporated here somehow?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » SAW by Sean Fields (10 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL