The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » X-Men 3 (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Jordini
View Profile
Inner circle
2765 Posts

Profile of Jordini
IRON-MAN sounds awesome.......so much potential there.
magicguy67
View Profile
Loyal user
mEL.fLORIDA
287 Posts

Profile of magicguy67
Super strong flying guy but doesn't really have any powers could be good.Im waiting for the reviews.
they thought it was impossible until they met me.

theres no reality in magic

did the magician come before the assistant or the other way around.
James F
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta
1096 Posts

Profile of James F
Did you all see the credits? A friend of mine said he saw "Omega Red" and "Psyloche" in the credits, but neither of us saw them in the movie. It would be cool to see Omega Red though. Ill have to look out for that next time I watch the movie.
airship
View Profile
Inner circle
In my day, I have driven
1594 Posts

Profile of airship
Why in the h-e-double-hockey-sticks didn't they kill off Halle Berry instead?

She's already said she's not doing another X-Men movie.
'The central secret of conjuring is a manipulation of interest.' - Henry Hay
Rinse
View Profile
New user
50 Posts

Profile of Rinse
She isn't? Is that a threat or a promise? Smile
johnnymystic
View Profile
Inner circle
North Adams Ma.
1576 Posts

Profile of johnnymystic
Storm sure was nice to watch Smile

I'm still highly ticked off and confused as to why certain characters were killed off.

I was really liking up till that point.

johnny
I drink cheap tequila and vomit
<BR>I cannot eat hot wings...acid reflux
<BR>I never inhale Smile
<BR>I can put a field dress on a deer
airship
View Profile
Inner circle
In my day, I have driven
1594 Posts

Profile of airship
Why did they kill off certain characters?

Because Hollywood always feels they have to 'improve' the story, whether they're adapting a comic book or a Pulitzer Prize winning novel. So they change origin stories, character relationships, villain motivations, and everything else to give it that Hollywood spin. They just don't give a rat's a** about anything but money and their own inflated egos.

That's why.
DomKabala
View Profile
Inner circle
I've grown old after diggin' holes for
2827 Posts

Profile of DomKabala
Quote:
On 2006-05-30 14:28, Jordini wrote:
IRON-MAN sounds awesome.......so much potential there.
Iron Man was one of my favorites back in the '60s...man 12 cents a copy, those were the good ole' days. I wish I still had all those comics...what a fortune they'd be worth today! Smile Smile

<<<KRaZy4KaRdZ>>>
We don't stop playing when we grow old...we grow old when we stop playing.

God is enough, let go, let God. Gal 2:20

"Anything of value is not easily attained and those things which are easily attained are not of lasting value."

Smile Smile Smile Smile
Mercury52
View Profile
Inner circle
Kevin Reylek
2240 Posts

Profile of Mercury52
They have committed to do x-men 4. And perhaps some of the characters we think are dead, but did not actually see die, are not dead?

Overall I enjoyed the movie.

And there was no kind of crash or siren at the end of the screening I went to.

And as a footnote - Stay through the credits of ALL films. They may or may not have a little bonus at the end. If you go to a live show, do you walk out during the curtain call when everyone is taking their bows? I hope not. Consider the closing credits to be the curtain call for the hundreds of people who put in countless hours on the film you just watched. And you can learn a lot by just reading credits.

Don't buy the jumbo soda, or hold it for 5 more minutes. You made it through 2 hours, a few more minutes won't kill you. And you won't have to fight your way through a crowd of other people trying to leave at the same time as you.

Kevin
Kevin Reylek
Diavo
View Profile
Veteran user
The District
357 Posts

Profile of Diavo
Oh no, a FOURTH X-Men? It made a good trilogy and a great ending to *let us use our imagination!*

Loved X-3. =)
I'm not just a magician, I'm an interpreter of Reality.
Underground, above ground, whatever. I don't need a label, thanks.
bitterman
View Profile
Inner circle
1189 Posts

Profile of bitterman
The killing off of some main characters and the loss of other's powers were good moves. It was getting a little 'ho hum' to have these all powerful characters. A Wolverine spin off would be a great idea; I thought the opening of the first X-Men was the best part of the whole series. Making the mutants a lot less God-like makes them more interesting, I think. I thought the last scene in park and the tacked on bonus scene were huge sell outs and steps in the wrong direction.
If you are not cheating, you are only cheating yourself.

Dutchco is about to put out some new Ebook: DUTCHCO. Get 'em while you can.
Jordini
View Profile
Inner circle
2765 Posts

Profile of Jordini
Quote:
On 2006-06-01 20:10, bitterman wrote:
The killing off of some main characters and the loss of other's powers were good moves.

If magneto still has his abilities, it is likely that the "cure" was only temporary, and Mystique will come back as well as Rogue and any others that got shot. I doubt Scott is dead though, because you never saw him die. I like to think that Jean Grey saved him at the last moment somehow.
bitterman
View Profile
Inner circle
1189 Posts

Profile of bitterman
[quote]On 2006-06-02 01:17, Jordini wrote:
Quote:
I doubt Scott is dead though, because you never saw him die. I like to think that Jean Grey saved him at the last moment somehow.

That would be too bad. Out of all the characters in the movie, he was my least favorite. Too milk-toast for a superhero.

Diavo
View Profile
Veteran user
The District
357 Posts

Profile of Diavo
The "sell out" endings would be perfectly fine if there are no more continuations. :stands firm:

Did you see the way Cyclops' face started to get mangaled when Jean kissed him? See how people were evaporating pixelly at the end? He's gone, man, he's gone.

As for a temp cure, sure that makes sense. New tech & medicines aren't 100% perfect, and Magneto is a Class 4...
I'm not just a magician, I'm an interpreter of Reality.
Underground, above ground, whatever. I don't need a label, thanks.
airship
View Profile
Inner circle
In my day, I have driven
1594 Posts

Profile of airship
Also, the kid they took the cure from, his powers were localized and temporary. While they obviously concentrated what he had into something more powerful, it might be that it is only longer-lasting, but still temporary.

Besides, they don't need any actual logic to do whatever they please. It's Hollywood.
bitterman
View Profile
Inner circle
1189 Posts

Profile of bitterman
Considering the record they broke over the long weekend, I don't think there is any doubt we'll see X-Men 4 very soon. I heard Halle Barry isn't going to make anymore because she wasn't given anything to do in this last one, which I found odd, because she was all over this last one. I hope she remembers the last time she tried to carry a movie by herself (Catwoman) and returns to the cast.

Josh Riel
View Profile
Inner circle
of hell
1995 Posts

Profile of Josh Riel
I'm thinking Comic-wise, every character has died at least once. Every character has come back. Considering that existence has ended, and still continues (Comic history 101) I don't know if it would be such a stretch for all these characters to return. Anyway, I can't believe Marvel would allow it, as they still have comics with these characters -Still alive, I might add- to sell.
Magic is doing improbable things with odd items that, under normal circumstances, would be unnessecary and quite often undesirable.
johnnymystic
View Profile
Inner circle
North Adams Ma.
1576 Posts

Profile of johnnymystic
So what happened to all you X-Men fans....why did this thread die so quickly? Wheres your spirit!?

Or is it just another short attention span thing???

Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

johnny mystic
I drink cheap tequila and vomit
<BR>I cannot eat hot wings...acid reflux
<BR>I never inhale Smile
<BR>I can put a field dress on a deer
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » X-Men 3 (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL