The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Mike Rogers Baseball Size (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

swtrocks
View Profile
Loyal user
Los Angeles
206 Posts

Profile of swtrocks
I have searched extensively but could not find an answer.

What is the diameter of a Mike Rogers final load baseball, and do they fit a Paul Fox cup?

Steven
Mobius303
View Profile
Inner circle
Lakewood, Ohio
1300 Posts

Profile of Mobius303
2.47inches....they will easily fit the paul fox cups.
They are a bit smaller than a regulation tennis ball ...I think in one of the sets I own he used raquet balls.
He used something else in another set I own and they are much more solid and a bit bigger...they both fit standard cups.
The sisti Steel cups must have had them in mind because they fit perfectly inside them.
Mobius
Mobius303
View Profile
Inner circle
Lakewood, Ohio
1300 Posts

Profile of Mobius303
They really look small in the sherwood cups.
Mobius
flimnar
View Profile
Special user
Salt Lake
577 Posts

Profile of flimnar
For the Sherwood Cups, you can buy 8" baseballs on line that are for young players. These work great!

Flimnar
"This one goes to eleven..." Nigel Tufnel
swtrocks
View Profile
Loyal user
Los Angeles
206 Posts

Profile of swtrocks
I calculated the diameter of a 7.5" training baseball and it seems to be about the same as that of the Mike Rogers final load baseball. Does anyone load the 7.5" ones in their Paul Fox cups?

Also, does a lacrosse ball look much bigger on top of a cup than a Mike Rogers final load baseball?

Thanks.
Steven
kvanliewpe
View Profile
Regular user
134 Posts

Profile of kvanliewpe
I've been playing with final baseball loads and have problems with them talking as they drop into cup. Are the balls by Rogers soft which may help this situation. Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Ken
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24243 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
Don't drop them into the cup. Put the cup over them.

BTW, I had Mike make a special set of baseballs to fit my PF cups. We searched for a long time to find the correct ball to make them around. Now, of course, you can forget it. They don't do the custom work Mike used to do.

Auke van Dokkum will make any size baseball you want, but be prepared to wait for it and pay for them.

The training baseballs are the real answer.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
AS much as I loved Mike and his work, the final load baseballs were neither fish nor fowl... the size and look just didn't make it for me. Besides, lemons, limes and/or potatoes are MUCH STRONGER for a finish.
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24243 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
I don't know. Try an experiment. Take a potato. Put it on a piece of two by four. Then swat it with a baseball. Which one is stronger?

Oh, I see you meant for a finish.

Never mind. Smile
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Mike Rogers Baseball Size (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.17 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL