The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Arthur Tivoli's "Tivoliland" DVD (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
Tim Trono
View Profile
Inner circle
1114 Posts

Profile of Tim Trono
I just had the opportunity to watch Arthur Tivoli's "Tivoliland" DVD. I have to admit I was a fan of his work prior but was extremely happy with this DVD. In short.... Buy it! There is really something for everyone... from the coin guy to the children's entertainer to the technician. I can certainly say that some of the routines (ex. Youssoupof Three-fly) may not fit the performing style of many BUT I can tell you there is some VERY interesting technique, thoughts on framing a piece, etc. Follow some of the lessons and use some of the techniques and you will be VERY VERY happy. The highlights to me personally were Arthur's 3 Fly just mentioned (great handling of the purse frame production), his bill switch which has garnered a lot of attention on this board, and his T&R cig paper handling. In addition there is a very nice presentation for the gypsy thread, a nice handling of the T&R card, a wonderful routine where a small balloon shaped to a mouse levitates and seems to dance around, etc. I am sure some will overlook this DVD because they may not have heard of Arthur or his performing style may not fit theirs... what a mistake. Some of the techniques, some of the thinking about framing an effect, and some of the routines are just superb. Arthur has been overlooked in the past with such items as a very practical and great card to box routine he released. I have encouraged him to re-release some of this on DVD after seeing this latest release. I think you'll be very happy with "Tivoliland". I was and it is definitely going in my library(as well as a few of the items going in my repertoire). Highly recommended.

Tim Trono
Baggins
View Profile
Regular user
london
148 Posts

Profile of Baggins
If Tim Trono likes it then it deserves mine and others magicial attention
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Quote:
On 2006-05-28 16:32, Baggins wrote:
If Tim Trono likes it then it deserves mine and others magicial attention

You'd think so, but temember his glowing review of "Hole In The Head", the most over hyped effet ever released?

But, Arthur's work is superb. Class guy all the way and this DVD had his Bill Siwtch, which is one of the best out there.
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
Tim Trono
View Profile
Inner circle
1114 Posts

Profile of Tim Trono
I stand by Hole in the head as I think it many missed the strength of this item (just ask Weber, Paul Harris, Osterlind, Morgan Strebler, Maven, and the many others who realized the strength of this and used or endorsed it) and instead concentrated on ad copy, what they "thought" is was, what they hoped it was, etc. Certainly these are just my opinions and others may not agree. That's OK. MagicChris, I know you have a preponderance to want to bash stuff and speculate towards the negative... my personal preference is to acknowledge items that I think stand out from the pack from seeing them. With so many products coming out, I see 99% of them as a Purchaser for the world's largest wholesale distributor. Thus when I see something that I think really stands out I let people know. I prefer to avoid wasting my time and others time by not dragging items through the mud. Again, it's just my opinion and many have different tastes, likes, dislikes, etc. But Arthur's work has always impressed me and continues to do so. This DVD really stands out.

Tim
billmonroe
View Profile
Regular user
Annapolis, MD
181 Posts

Profile of billmonroe
Where will these DVDs be available through? Cheers

Bill
Tim Trono
View Profile
Inner circle
1114 Posts

Profile of Tim Trono
Most any magic dealer worldwide will have this. We (Murphy's) just received them in on Friday so I imagine your favorite dealer will have it soon ... if not you can always request they order it. It's just out.

Tim
Tivoli
View Profile
Loyal user
Paris (France)
252 Posts

Profile of Tivoli
Hi folks

I'm so happy about this dvd, we shooted last year and after a lot of technicals problems now it's on the road. I'm happy also to see that Tim enjoyed watching it hope it'll be the same for all of you. I want you to know also that I did it both in french and english, and as you know english is not my language so I hope that you will understand if sometimes during the show I did some language mistakes.
Take care and enjoy
Arthur
Arthur Tivoli
Fantaisiste-Magicien
www.arthurtivoli.com
Le Zappy
View Profile
New user
1 Post

Profile of Le Zappy
Hi all,

This DVD is a real fresh turn in magic, Tim Trono is right about it. I wish you will give this DVD the attention it desserve. Anyone can find at least one interesting thing inside, anyone.

Le Zappy
NO PANIC
mattisdx
View Profile
Inner circle
1614 Posts

Profile of mattisdx
Can anyone review each of the effects on the DvD?

Thanks!
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Quote:
On 2006-06-05 14:05, mattisdx wrote:
Can anyone review each of the effects on the DvD?

Thanks!

Do you ever review anything?

mattisdx
View Profile
Inner circle
1614 Posts

Profile of mattisdx
Yes, but don't take your anger out on me.
Tim Trono
View Profile
Inner circle
1114 Posts

Profile of Tim Trono
If you have any specific questions I can help with just let me know. I watched this again this weekend. It's really great.

I'm playing with Greed and possibly using Arthur's change for the last change to the coin... it will take a bit of rework on Greed but Arthur's change is superb.

Tim
mattisdx
View Profile
Inner circle
1614 Posts

Profile of mattisdx
I've seen his bill change and loved it and was interested on his work on the Torn and Restored Card too. How does it compare to those available like Torn and Yves version?
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Quote:
On 2006-05-28 19:14, Tim Trono wrote:
That's OK. MagicChris, I know you have a preponderance to want to bash stuff and speculate towards the negative...

Tim, I'm just like FOX news: Fair, balanced and unbiased. I call them as I see them.

Chris

Tim Trono
View Profile
Inner circle
1114 Posts

Profile of Tim Trono
I'm not sure if anyone would truly consider Fox news to be unbiased, balanced, etc. I think though this post is not about your postings about the Tivoli DVD- what people might like, dislike, be curious about, want to know more about, etc. I personally thought it had some brilliant ideas and was great.

Tim
Heygeno
View Profile
New user
92 Posts

Profile of Heygeno
I agree with you Tim. A very informative dvd
kamus
View Profile
Veteran user
Silver Spring, Md
369 Posts

Profile of kamus
Quote:

Tim, I'm just like FOX news: Fair, balanced and unbiased. I call them as I see them.

Chris

I sure hope you're kidding because if you're serious, your credibility just took a serious hit!
il illegetimi est non carborundum

http://www.davidkanemusic.com
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Arthur is a genius and a great magician!!

Tivoli
View Profile
Loyal user
Paris (France)
252 Posts

Profile of Tivoli
Thanks MagicChris... just like you my friend Smile
Arthur Tivoli
Fantaisiste-Magicien
www.arthurtivoli.com
Tivoli
View Profile
Loyal user
Paris (France)
252 Posts

Profile of Tivoli
For mattisdx
Concerning my torn and restored card version I use my bill switch technic in fact the most important thing, I think Smile, is my way of framing the effect. Is that a good answer for you?
Take care folks
arthur
Arthur Tivoli
Fantaisiste-Magicien
www.arthurtivoli.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Arthur Tivoli's "Tivoliland" DVD (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL