The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Good News! » » Prayer Request (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
Regan
View Profile
Inner circle
U.S.A.
5726 Posts

Profile of Regan
Sejal is finally back at the Ronald McDonald house after about a 10 day stay in the hospital. She had a great day yesterday compared to what she has been going through.

July 10 (next Monday) is when she is scheduled to have another test to get a cell count. They told us that if it did not come back with a 0% reading, then Sejal would probably be placed in a higher risk catagory. I am worried about this because she just resumed her chemo treatments a few days ago. They stopped giving it to her for about a week because of the fever. Her hair even started growing back. It seems this delay would get her off track from the 0% and if so, I hope they will wait a little longer before they do the big, all-important test. However, we are still assuming it will be Monday since that was the last date we heard.

Please say a prayer for her this weekend. Pray that her test result will be at 0%, and that the chemo will not make her so sick. She threw up 6 times yesterday.

Thank you all so much, and God Bless each of you.

Regan
Mister Mystery
Bill Hallahan
View Profile
Inner circle
New Hampshire
3226 Posts

Profile of Bill Hallahan
I just found this topic.

I'm be praying for your daughter also. I hope the test went well.
Humans make life so interesting. Do you know that in a universe so full of wonders, they have managed to create boredom. Quite astonishing.
- The character of ‘Death’ in the movie "Hogswatch"
Margarette
View Profile
Special user
Memphis area
956 Posts

Profile of Margarette
Regan,
Any updates on Sejal's condition? BTW, I'm all better now, so all offers are now back in place.

Margarette
The only stupid question is the one not asked.
Regan
View Profile
Inner circle
U.S.A.
5726 Posts

Profile of Regan
Sejal is home! She came home Thursday night. I am just getting home myself so and had to locate "The Good News" forum. It scared me when it was not at it's previous location.

We were all shocked when Tonya called and said they might be coming home. At first they were told that it may be a longer stay than initially thought. My brother was having hardwood flooring put down in Sejal's house, and he scheduled it for 2 weeks away. Then, the doctors told them they might get to come home.....maybe in 2 days! This depended on her test results and how well she flushed out a new type of chemo treatment (methotrexate). We were all shocked and pleased at the same time. My brother had to scramble to find someone that could put the flooring down right away.

Well, when her test results came back, her cell count was at .01%. Very close to the goal! She body had ridded itself of that powerful chemo well enough, and her blood counts were high, so they let her come home for 10 days. She will have to go back for a short stay after the 10 days....probably one of many trips.

They moved Sejal into the "standard high-risk catagory". This will mean more chemo, but I am not going to dwell on any bad points right now. We are all excited and happy she was able to come home.

I am just now getting home so I have not seen her yet. I plan on visiting her this afternoon. I can't wait!

Thanks to each and everyone of you for your thoughts and prayers, and thank you God for answering them.

Thanks Bill!

And Margarette, Sejal will have to go back numerous times if things go as planned. I still hope she can get to meet you. I don't have a clue as to where they will stay when they go back for the shorter trips. I know it will be a lot of treatments and testing, so I am assuming it will be a hospital residence for the most part. Still, I hope it will be possible for you yo visit on one of her Memphis trips. They hated they missed you the last time and were looking forward to meeting you. We were all overwhelmed by your generosity.

Regan
Mister Mystery
paulmagic
View Profile
Loyal user
Malaysia, now In New Zealand
290 Posts

Profile of paulmagic
Coming home is good. one step at a time. Praise God!
Many Blessings!!

Paul
Margarette
View Profile
Special user
Memphis area
956 Posts

Profile of Margarette
Regan,
I am so glad to hear that Sejal is home! I do hope that I can meet everyone at some point during one of the trips she will have to make back to Memphis. My apartment is probably about twenty minutes from St. Jude's (I got lost the first time I tried to find the Ronald McDonald house, so we won't count that 45 minutes as accurate timing). All offers are still in place.

Margarette
The only stupid question is the one not asked.
Phil Thomas
View Profile
Inner circle
Newark, Ohio
1117 Posts

Profile of Phil Thomas
Ahhh. The little angel is home. The Lord is good! May He keep watch over her. I'm believing for nothing but the best possible outcome!
"If we lose the sense of the mysterious, life is no more than a snuffed out candle."

Albert Einstein
J Hanes
View Profile
Veteran user
PDX, OR
317 Posts

Profile of J Hanes
. . .still praying!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Good News! » » Prayer Request (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL