The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Dice Magicians.. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
stephen secret
View Profile
New user
mpls.
67 Posts

Profile of stephen secret
Hello,

I'm a new user working on the "Dr. Sacks dice routine"
from 'classic secrets of magic'. My question: Is Carl Andrews "pair of dice" routine on his 'no jacket required video 1'?

Sincerely secret.
sincerely, secret
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13348 Posts

Profile of TheAmbitiousCard
Yes it is on his no jacket required video.

I like the routine because it's not too long.

here's a link to the leather dice stacking cups for anyone interested. My cups serve as both a chop cup and a dice stacking cup.

http://www.theambitiouscard.com/cups/diceCup.cfm?ref=cafe
www.theambitiouscard.com Hand Crafted Magic
Trophy Husband, Father of the Year Candidate,
Chippendale's Dancer applicant, Unofficial World Record Holder.
Alan Morgan
View Profile
Regular user
102 Posts

Profile of Alan Morgan
I'm mildly interested in die magic and have never been able to find many tricks for them. This has helped me a lot! Thanks!
sethbek
View Profile
Regular user
New York
161 Posts

Profile of sethbek
Maybe this should be in secret sessions, but its a cute way to make a couple bucks off someone.

Bet someone that they cant stack 2 dice, side by side, on top of one die. They wont be able to. But you can, just put a little spit on your finger and rub it on the sides of the dice that are together. It will stick after a little pressure and you've won your bet!
*poof*
dogwood86
View Profile
Regular user
Vancouver
126 Posts

Profile of dogwood86
What is the difference in effect of the several "Sach's" die routines? I witnessed Reed's this summer at PCAM and was blown away, but didn't see possibilities for variation, not that it needed it at all. How do the others compare?

Nathan
GlenD
View Profile
Inner circle
LosAngeles, Ca
1296 Posts

Profile of GlenD
Lot of good resources mentioned here for anyone wanting to learn about magic with dice... But I wonder how Andy is coming along, it's only been like almost 2 years now since he posted this.
"A miracle is something that seems impossible but happens anyway" - Griffin

"Any future where you succeed, is one where you tell the truth." - Griffin (Griffin rocks!)
stephen secret
View Profile
New user
mpls.
67 Posts

Profile of stephen secret
Just found an article by Ricky Jay in the Dec. 2000 issue of 'The New Yorker' on dice. No real magic here but could help someone looking for background for a routine.

sincerely secret
sincerely, secret
andre combrinck
View Profile
Special user
South Africa
953 Posts

Profile of andre combrinck
The Art of Close-up Magic by Lewis Ganson has an impressive dice routine in it. One of the Elmsley books also has an excellent die trick which you can do over the telephone.
Andre
Dizzy
View Profile
Elite user
UK
437 Posts

Profile of Dizzy
I've just recently purchased 'Dice Man' by Andy Nyman. It's a fatastic jaw dropping effect.
Michael Bilkis
View Profile
Special user
728 Posts

Profile of Michael Bilkis
<<Bob Sheets routine, "It's the Rules.">>

Where is this routine published? I once saw Bob Sheets perform and he was extremely entertaining. I'll also add that Daryl's Fooler Dooler sereies has three routines that can be done with dice.
Magicusa
View Profile
Elite user
478 Posts

Profile of Magicusa
On one of Daryl DVD. He does a matrix effect with four big dices, and two cups. It's one of his Fooler Doolers DVD.
James Harrison
View Profile
Special user
Ontario, Canada
762 Posts

Profile of James Harrison
Bob Sheets It's the Rules is on tape.

I believe you can purchase it through any magic dealer.

Or go to http://www.bobsheets.com and email Bob himself, and see if he'll autograph you a copy.

Always like getting it straight from the guy making it, then I know that 'they' get my money.
Magicmaven
View Profile
Inner circle
1233 Posts

Profile of Magicmaven
I like dice stacking, because when arround other magicians, dice stacking always wows them, because there is no" trick, " to it. The decapitation move is actually quite beautifull, and when done with both hands at the same time, it can really scare some people. I also like Sac's dice. (I don't know of any particular websites, but I'd just go to google, and type in "dice stacking" or "Sac's Dice" that should do it. The local magic store should work as well.) Hope I helped, bye
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Dice Magicians.. (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.31 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL