The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Street Magic » » Stigmata (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
MyTurnPlzAA
View Profile
Loyal user
NC
288 Posts

Profile of MyTurnPlzAA
Ok I have just learnt method 1 and 2 on the dvd.

What are peoples opinions on these, what do they find best and whych one gets the best reaction
tomcat
View Profile
New user
44 Posts

Profile of tomcat
I personally don't like the card routine. To me its way harder to get those initials to show up than a pick a card trick. Plus it gives my cards a break
TheMagicalTurtle
View Profile
New user
32 Posts

Profile of TheMagicalTurtle
I prefer the regular arm routine. I can get the initials to show up very easily.
It is no sin to attempt and fail.
The only sin is to not make the attempt.
-Suellen Fried
Xiero
View Profile
New user
Michigan
70 Posts

Profile of Xiero
I like using both my arm and my palm, both show up really well... but the arm gets the best reactions for me. Those are the two methods. I like using the business card routine instead of a deck... and I can't get the third routine to work at all for me. It's kinda sad, because I think that'd be the best one of all.
magicats
View Profile
New user
2 Posts

Profile of magicats
I just picked up Stigmata last night and love it. Does any one have any suggestions how to improve the palm version? For now I'm using my arm and the back of my hand.
Phil Thomas
View Profile
Inner circle
Newark, Ohio
1117 Posts

Profile of Phil Thomas
I learned this effect a while ago from Banachek's PSI series dvd set. I was really not all that impressed with it. However, I have another method which looks much more eerie and gets better results. PM me if interested.
"If we lose the sense of the mysterious, life is no more than a snuffed out candle."

Albert Einstein
Aymeric de Veyrac
View Profile
Loyal user
214 Posts

Profile of Aymeric de Veyrac
I think the first method seems like a poor card trick and doesn't exploit all the strong possibilities of this effect, in comparaison of the second method, which in a mentalism (and not magic) context, is every time very efficient on the public.
Marvello
View Profile
Inner circle
It's amazing how little I can say in
1490 Posts

Profile of Marvello
Quote:
On 2006-06-01 17:46, Phil Thomas wrote:
I learned this effect a while ago from Banachek's PSI series dvd set. I was really not all that impressed with it. However, I have another method which looks much more eerie and gets better results. PM me if interested.

I am also not a fan of this effect - I think the method is pretty obvious.
Never criticize someone else until you have walked a mile in their shoes. Then, when you do criticize them, you will be a mile away from them and you will have their shoes.
Matt Malinas
View Profile
Inner circle
Romania
1342 Posts

Profile of Matt Malinas
After you learn the method it seems pretty obvious.
I experimented with stigmata A LOT . I mean all methods on different age groups to see which method gets the best reaction on which age group.
out of all those people , and there were a lot of them , not one even came close to explaining how it was done. and I wasn't performing for retards Smile
of course they kept saying the usual "how the hell did he do that?" .
but nobody came even close to explaining it.
what I am trying to say is , the method is NOT obvious to lay people.
stop worrying and go out there and have fun with this great effect

-Matt
Your One Stop Booze Abusing Comedy Magic Show!
Marvello
View Profile
Inner circle
It's amazing how little I can say in
1490 Posts

Profile of Marvello
Quote:
On 2006-06-02 08:35, Matt Malinas wrote:
After you learn the method it seems pretty obvious.

Maybe it is just me, but BEFORE I knew the method it seemed pretty obvious to me, and when I comfirmed the method for sure I was amazed that it was causing such a stir. oh well.
Never criticize someone else until you have walked a mile in their shoes. Then, when you do criticize them, you will be a mile away from them and you will have their shoes.
Matt Malinas
View Profile
Inner circle
Romania
1342 Posts

Profile of Matt Malinas
Well, as a magician you tend to explore certain angles of the issue while tryi9ng to figure it out that lay people don't. PM me if you don't understand because I can't say anything without exposing here.

-Matt
Mitchell.Stafiej
View Profile
New user
Quebec
61 Posts

Profile of Mitchell.Stafiej
With the right presentation every single on of the versions are amazing. I personally choose to use the Business Card version due to the emotional connection you get with your spectator which allows for way better reactions.

Mitchell
rambam
View Profile
New user
60 Posts

Profile of rambam
I have had stigmata since its release and every time I perform it, it gets great reactions especially the business card one. I often use the regular performance where the spec. pics a card (i don't force the card, either use a m*&%%d deck or just get a gl*** of the card), and it apears on my arm. It's awsome!!
dragonchaos91
View Profile
Loyal user
225 Posts

Profile of dragonchaos91
Hey what do you do if your performing the 2 routine (buisness card) and you can't read their writing.
Mitchell.Stafiej
View Profile
New user
Quebec
61 Posts

Dragonchaos, well then, you're screwed. If you fall into that situation, you may want to then ask them to write the initials then do it. (If you know what I mean.)

Mitchell
Lee Darrow
View Profile
V.I.P.
Chicago, IL USA
3588 Posts

Profile of Lee Darrow
ALWAYS tell them to PRINT! And to show what they have written to ONE other person, that way they can't claim "That's not what I wrote, duuude!"

Lee Darrow, C.H.
http://www.leedarrow.com
<BR>"Because NICE Matters!"
Mitchell.Stafiej
View Profile
New user
Quebec
61 Posts

Speaking of legibility, never perform that part to young children. They obviously don't have the proper handwriting and might ruin the effect.

Mitchell
Matt Malinas
View Profile
Inner circle
Romania
1342 Posts

Profile of Matt Malinas
I wouldn't perform stigmata for children at all.
and if you decide to do it , then follow Mitchell's advice. Smile

-Matt
magicats
View Profile
New user
2 Posts

Profile of magicats
I performed the third version of Stigmata the other day and totally freaked a gourp of people out. I tried something a bit different and had the person squeeze my hand (both top and bottom) - While playing on the whole DaVinci Code phenomenon, I had their number (7) appear on the top of my hand as well as the palm - like it burned through my hand.
Matt Malinas
View Profile
Inner circle
Romania
1342 Posts

Profile of Matt Malinas
Interesting magicats. nice idea.
I should try that out

-Matt
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Street Magic » » Stigmata (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL