The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Street Magic » » Stigmata (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
JohnCressman
View Profile
Special user
Allentown, PA
903 Posts

Profile of JohnCressman
Anyone with a tan ever have problems getting it to show up? No matter how much I scratch myself, I BARELY see it...
ku7uk3
View Profile
Inner circle
1777 Posts

Profile of ku7uk3
This is how I perform the effect, as Published in my book: http://www.magicmystery.co.uk/bodytricks.htm

------------------------------------------------------------

TIME TEST

Effect:
The magician removes his watch, and shows an imprint of the watch on his wrist. He says that his arm and watch have a connection, and that even though they might be apart, they still feel connected.

You give the watch to a spectator and ask another spectator to call out any hour they like. The spectator with the watch then sets the watch for that time.

The magician then holds out his arm again and we watch the chosen hour slowly appear in blood red over the arm of the magician.

------------------------------------------------------------

Its more impromptu, doesn't require cards and sticks to simple numbers which are easier to create on the arm.

Have fun with it.

Stephen Ablett
robert bianchi
View Profile
Regular user
New Jersey
159 Posts

Profile of robert bianchi
I am not too impressed with Stigmata. That said, I liked the business card force. I have used business card force and then used an ash pen and some choclate powder to make the prediction appear, rather than the s----ch that Stigmat uses.

Did it that way recently at a show with about 30 kids, and the reaction was great. We video taped the event and afterward my assistants and I watched the video and all you saw was a group of kids whose mouths were literally wide open. About 2 seconds later, they were all saying "that was awesome" and statements of the like.
JohnCressman
View Profile
Special user
Allentown, PA
903 Posts

Profile of JohnCressman
Robert,

Could you expound a bit on your routine. Being a kids entertainer, I'm always interested in tricks that drop kids' jaws.
robert bianchi
View Profile
Regular user
New Jersey
159 Posts

Profile of robert bianchi
Dear John:

I had an ash pen in pocket. I selected a child to think of a name of any person and/or thing. Using the business card prediction (force) as demonstrated on the Stigmata DVD, I had her write the name and/or object upon the business card.

I had her fold up her prediction and using the force, had her initial the business card and put that in one of her pockets.

I also did a card force and had her put the selected (forced card) in her other pocket.

"Now, to make sure that there is no way that I can see the word written on the business card and the playing card in her pocket, I am going to leave the room, so that she can show you all the playing card she picked and the word that she wrote on the business card. Once she is done showing you, she is to put the cards back into her pockets, and someone will come out to get me."

I left the room and closed the door. When outside I used the ash pen. I came back in and did a little routine on how I felt connected to her thoughts.

I asked her to think of the word that she wrote on the business card and how I felt that something was happening to my arms, which were obviously exposed and to them had nothing written on them. Using chocolate milk power I rubbed my arm, and thereon was the word that she had written. Mouths were already open, along with gasps. I then asked her to think of the number and suit of the card, and rubbing my other arm with the powder the name and suit of the card appeared thereon.

I just stood there with both arms extended and they literally were awestruck. This is the first time that I used the ash pen in this way, i.e., incoporating the use of the buisness card force that Houchin shows on Stigmata. I was not sure how it would work, but I was really surprised at the intensity of their reaction(s).

Like I said before, the video we took of their faces actually made us laugh when we saw it.

I felt that this was way more powerful than Stigmata's overall approach, as the mark in Stigmata was too faded for me. While I would do Stigmata in a venue where I either do not have an ash pen and/or powder, sugar, or other such substance around, it is pretty clear to me that using Stigmata in this way was far more effective.

BTW, I give props to Houchin, especially as I personally think that sinful is one of the best effects around for what I do. I was disappointed in Stigmata (Sinful being a hard act to follow) but I do admit that Stigmata gave me the impetus for the routine above. Basically, I simply substituted the way the mark on your arm comes into being and it allows for more writing on the arm, if you know what I mean. But, again, if I hadn't seen the Stigmata routine, I would not have thought of it.

Hope that this helps.

Bob
Sandwichical
View Profile
Regular user
Phoenix
134 Posts

Profile of Sandwichical
Leaving the room never sat well with me. Here's my routine, and it plays VERY WELL.
I have the deck shuffled beforehand, glimpse and force a card. I then hand them the deck and tell them to shuffle it back in, which always makes sceptics happy. This is where I turn around, "so I can't see where the card goes". Then I have them grip my arm and go into a short shpiel on how thoughts can be transfered verbally, written, even mentally, but I will try to do it through touch.
Reveal.
Done!

-Sandwich
To defy the laws of tradition is a crusade only of the brave.
nbps05
View Profile
Regular user
106 Posts

Profile of nbps05
I use the second method for stigmata and so far it has got amazing results
Will Eefting
View Profile
New user
Southwest Michigan
93 Posts

Profile of Will Eefting
I'm not the only one who does this with a Cross Cut Force am I? Come on...it just seems "appropriate"
A Trick? Well yes there are quite a few "tricks" I can do, but alas there are women and children present. Find me later.
Fethry
View Profile
New user
Toronto, ON
19 Posts

Profile of Fethry
I like the business card method. The card is also ok. The third is not working for me. I need to study some more mentalis stuff I guess.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Street Magic » » Stigmata (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL