The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Question about Progressive Anagram (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
rohff
View Profile
New user
Paris
14 Posts

Profile of rohff
Hi,

I'm French and I adapted in French many tricks with progressive anagram (Zodiac sign, Whenever - Anywhere from "Best of Syzygy DVD, volume 2" for instance)

I do believe this principle is strong but I also think that clever people can discover the secret easily. That is why I am wondering if there are some references which deal with the Progressive anagram combined with another principle.

Thank you
Kaylan
View Profile
Special user
CT
758 Posts

Profile of Kaylan
Check into Doug Dyment's work. He's a Café member, and has written on this topic.
fred200
View Profile
Loyal user
213 Posts

Profile of fred200
Kaylan is right, Doug Dyment has a progressive anagram, and a system itself for hiding your outs (and is in French too), and Chuck Hickok explains more about the presentation of anagrams in Mentalism Inc. 2.
rohff
View Profile
New user
Paris
14 Posts

Profile of rohff
Thank you for your advices
I'm going to work right now
roi_tau
View Profile
Veteran user
Israel
333 Posts

Profile of roi_tau
Steve Beam has very nice method to reveal a suit with progressive anagram.

He calls it :"Memory ADE" and you can find it on his "Semi automatic card tricks vol 3,4"

HAve fun
ROi
Nathan Kranzo
View Profile
V.I.P.
2944 Posts

Profile of Nathan Kranzo
Aaron Fisher published one in Genii several years ago using money. Dead Presidents is the title.

All the best,

Kranzo
check out MINDZILLA VOL. 2!!! Brand New Effects. Instant Downloads. Watch Demo Videos. Click below!!!

KranzoMagic.com
bofx
View Profile
Elite user
France
497 Posts

Profile of bofx
Doug Dyment's work is very good. You can also look at Gary Kurtz work ...
My mentalism books: Mental Sweets 1 - Mental Sweets 2
rohff
View Profile
New user
Paris
14 Posts

Profile of rohff
Quote:
On 2006-06-01 08:44, bofx wrote:
Doug Dyment's work is very good. You can also look at Gary Kurtz work ...

I think I will buy the Doug Dyment's book...
Please could you give me the reference for Gary Kurtz work?
Do you know the Romaric work on the zodiac sign based on the PA?

Currently, I live in Nice. So if you are close to this place tell me!
Mentalisten
View Profile
New user
London, UK
62 Posts

Profile of Mentalisten
Does anyone know of any progressive anagram effects designed to divine the suit of a thought of playing card? The only one I know of is the one stated in this thread by roi_tau. It's just I have come up with an effective method which is influenced by (or is basically an extension of) KENT. The performance and subtle psycholgical additons, when added to the basic methodoloy, make it highly effective. Just want to make sure I haven't fluked a duplicate of an existing method.

Also, once I have finished writing it up... I would like to send it to a few willing mentalists for them to look over, test it out, comment on etc.
Would be appreciated.

-Ross
'Welcome to the Jungle' - Axl Rose
Malchat
View Profile
Special user
The Kingdom of Croiset and Wonder
885 Posts

Profile of Malchat
Ross, you might want to take a look at Richard Busch's Royal Force in The Destiny Response.
“You are what you pretend to be.”
bear trees
View Profile
Loyal user
uk
263 Posts

Profile of bear trees
Ross Bob Farmer has written a free ebook called "Sue not me" after being ripped off by Kenton for releasing KENT available on his web site it deal with naming any thought of card using branching anagrams.
ChuckHickok
View Profile
Loyal user
245 Posts

Profile of ChuckHickok
Mentalism, Incorporated: Volume Two offers a 5 step practical strategy for using a progessive anagram to discover a freely choosen word FROM ANY BOOK (Page 92 - Essay 11)

OK ... you must force a page. But, my strategy allows you to use any popular book ... and learn the word the person freely selected with only one or twp "no's". Very little memory work is involved.

Plus, I provide 6 ideas on how to "hide" the pumping. That's the real key to amazing people. You must do more than appear to be guessing letters!

This is also fully explained in my lectures.

Chuck Hickok
Mentalisten
View Profile
New user
London, UK
62 Posts

Profile of Mentalisten
Thanks for your posts guys. This is exactly what I needed. A good list. I will look into the each of these recommendations.

-'The Destiny Response' is something I've been saving for anyway as Richard Busch is one of my fave mentalist thinkers.
- Tsunami (which is what I imagine you're referring to bear trees) is a definite for me to look into as I have a feeling this may be similar to my idea. It'll be good to compare my thinking to Farmer's since he is the originator. The reviews of it on here are on the positive side and it sells for a nice, on-the-spot-to-buy price.

Also, Chuck, I realise that there is more to it than just guessing the letters. That is exactly the point I start from when approaching any anagram method and, having read the first volume of MI, I will definelty look into Volume 2 and take note of your suggestions and ideas.

It's all part of the fun.

Thanks again. Ross
'Welcome to the Jungle' - Axl Rose
bear trees
View Profile
Loyal user
uk
263 Posts

Profile of bear trees
No its a spoof on the name tsunami in reference Kenton not asking permission to use use his technique from tsunami and releasing an extremely poor effect and lying in the advert contact bob farmer I'm sure he will send you it as I said its free contact me and I will send you it as bob clearly says at the end send it to whomevr you want but don't sell it.
Aleister Killerby
View Profile
New user
Sunny Australia
56 Posts

Profile of Aleister Killerby
Can someone please upload some links to these products, I've been trying to find some good work on PA's for ages... Thank you.
Scott Cram
View Profile
Inner circle
2677 Posts

Profile of Scott Cram
Aleister Killerby
View Profile
New user
Sunny Australia
56 Posts

Thank you... I am forever in your debt
Aleister Killerby
View Profile
New user
Sunny Australia
56 Posts

Thank you... I am forever in your debt
Steve Suss
View Profile
Inner circle
1193 Posts

Profile of Steve Suss
Alain Nu's "Astrologic" is also an excellent book you might try. His systems hide the fishing pretty well.

Steve
Scott Cram
View Profile
Inner circle
2677 Posts

Profile of Scott Cram
In some of Leo Boudreau's books, he has a rather interesting take on progressive anagrams, in which he doesn't use letters. He uses the qualities of the object itself!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Question about Progressive Anagram (1 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL