The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Food for thought » » Coins or Cards? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
mforteath
View Profile
New user
Tasmania, Australia
62 Posts

Profile of mforteath
My first tricks were cards and ropes. Never could get in to coins, although I do use them a little bit now. My first deck of gimmicked cards was a Svengali deck. Still use it today.
David Neighbors
View Profile
V.I.P.
4911 Posts

Profile of David Neighbors
Hi,
You said coins or cards? Both. That way I can do Matrix Smile!

Best David Neighbors
The Coinjurer
David Neighbors
the coinjurer
www.daveneighbors.com
Chance Wolf
View Profile
Inner circle
2425 Posts

Profile of Chance Wolf
God forgive my political incorrectness, but my first trick was with a cigarette. A kid came up to me at a party and did two very cool moves making a cig appear, disappear and re-appear! I was hooked as it was pure sleight of hand. Later, I learned that the moves he used were pretty advanced for a kid at a party. He must have had an Uncle who was pretty good. Needless to say, I always had my props in my shirt pocket to perform! Good news, I quit smoking 2 years ago and I do NOT miss the stinky clothes, but I sure miss the tricks!
Chance Wolf Smile
Creator of Wacky Wolf Productions & Fine Collectibles

A DECADE of building Magic and we're just getting started!

http://www.wolfsmagic.com
rowdymagi5
View Profile
Inner circle
Virginia
3624 Posts

Profile of rowdymagi5
Cards, then coins, then ropes, string, etc. And finally, stage gimmicks (which are the easiest and mostly self working). However at that point my presentation skills were up to par, and to me, that is the most IMPORTANT skill when performing any stage magic!
Doug McKenzie
View Profile
Veteran user
New York City
326 Posts

Profile of Doug McKenzie
First started off with sponge balls, then went on to cards and cigarettes, and now coins. I find coin magic to be the most difficult of all. There is so much more to consider, especially when it comes to body language, angles, talking, etc...
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Food for thought » » Coins or Cards? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL