The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Society of American Magicians! » » So you want to get involved (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Craig Dickson
View Profile
Veteran user
Pleasant Valley, NY
353 Posts

Profile of Craig Dickson
One of the most frequent questions the National Officers receive is "I want to help, how do I get more involved". There are a variety of ways.

First and foremost, join a local assembly, after all, it is the best place to learn, share, and have some fun. Here you also learn a bit about the history of the SAM, and how it is organized.

Learning the ropes on a local level will also let you know if you have the leadership qualities and experience necessary to seek higher office, or volunteer to help the National Organization.

We have a National Volunteer Coordinator just for that purpose. Chuck Lehr has taken on that monumental task of collecting data, life skills, and qualifications from those who wish to volunteer their services on a broader scope. You can contact Chuck via email at klownchuck@aol.com. We get inquiries from many retirees that have enjoyed membership in the SAM for many years and now that they have time, want to give something back. Contact Chuck Lehr, he would love to hear from you.

The SAM is run almost entirely by volunteers, who all devote much time and energy into maintaining all you see, and lots you don’t like planning where we are going in the future. We have a long range planning committee to insure that we will last and grow for decades to come. There are some very exciting things in the works, one is a National Center for Magical Arts.

So if you would like to get involved, get involved where you are needed most, and that is right in your hometown, by joining an assembly. Don’t have one? We can help you.
Steven True
View Profile
Special user
Bonney Lake,WA
765 Posts

Profile of Steven True
May I add that when you get involved don't expect to be the ladder for a person to think that people are goin to help you up. What I mean is that when you get involved then go at it with as much life and gusto as you can possible muster. I speak from experiance on this. I joined a local assembly in California and after a while I was voted in as secretary. I thought I knew what I was doing and tried for a little while but then just kind of lost intrest. All it did was make it a bad experiance for me and a very unhelpful member for the assembly. I wish I could go back and change that time but now I want to just get back involved in a local assembly in WA state and see what happends now. Just my 2 cents.

Steven
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Society of American Magicians! » » So you want to get involved (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL